X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a decent Multimeter on the cheap

Hi all,

I was looking to upgrade my main multimeter (Asita MD591) with something that has more features. I'll use it mostly for board diagnostic and diy repairs. I've been eyeing out many of those multi-function ones from Aliexpress but can't seem to make my mind up. Here are the features that I'm looking after:

- Autorange
    - DC volts up to 30V
    - Accurate Resistance
    - Diode test (Beep mode)
    - Frequency up to 200MHz
    - Capacitanze up to 5000uF
    - as cheap as possible

Other functions are not needed but those which are needed are essential, even if one is missing then it doesn't suit me. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks in advance!!
  • Answer selected by aaronkatrini at 05-07-2024, 05:29 PM.

the only meter i know that can read 200MHz is the unitrend UT61e

Comment

Hi,

Please could you detail "accurate resistance " ? 1% 0.2%.....

Usually multimeter are not very good for frequency measurement : accuracy, sensitivity...

Jean-Louis

Comment

the only meter i know that can read 200MHz is the unitrend UT61e

Comment

Hi,

Loulou31 it doesn't have to be super accurate, its for hobby work, so I guess 1% should be fine. Thanks

stj thank you for the recommendation, I checked briefly and seems to tick all the features I'm looking for and has reasonable price, will check out some reviews in the upcoming days. Thanks

Comment

there is a new v2 version, i dont know about that - i'm looking at the original one.

Comment

You can also get dedicated boards to do frequency counting, they are very cheap. Check aliexpress.

Comment

yes, i have a 2.4GHz 8digit frequency counter from ali that cost me about €10 a few years ago

Comment

Working...
                X