Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Air soldering station Aoyue 852 or Gordak 850B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Air soldering station Aoyue 852 or Gordak 850B?

Hi to all,

I'm planning to buy new hot air soldering station.

I have offers for Aoyue 852 for 143€/191USD
    http://www.aoyue.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=380

And second option is Gordak 850B 92€/123USD

they both have similar characteristics (temp range, display etc...). So which one would you recommend to buy? I know it's all made-in-china, but i'm asking cause 850B is old model, and i've heard that 852 Auyoue is having much better, precise temp control.

thnx guys

Re: Hot Air soldering station Aoyue 852 or Gordak 850B?

If they had this for 110V AC, I would be all over it for $40 USD. See

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product...ectronics-net/
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thnx.
      I don't need soldering iron, i already have weller tcp24 50W. i found http://tinyurl.com/854zbwk and price is competitive, but as i see this one have fan inside the handle, and i think (am i wrong?) that pump/compressor is much better option.

Comment

Look at X-tronic 4000.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-TRONIC-400...item19c2f256b4

I recently got the X-Tronic 4040.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-TRONIC-404...item2a10ef520b

Don't know what the prices are for them were you are.

More info:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19022

Comment

I bought the Sparkfun unit (99.00) I believe it's a rebranded Aoyue.
          I didn't need another standard iron, as I already have 2 stations.
          It works quite well.
          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
            I bought the Sparkfun unit (99.00) I believe it's a rebranded Aoyue.
            Hi Smason. Do you remember how much was shipping and handling? Did Canada Customs fall asleep again and let this one go by duty free?
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

My biggest problem is that shipping rate to Europe is very high and customs are not too much user friendly So at the end, when shipping and custom taxes are included everything from ebay comes around that two i mention in my first post.

In general, i want to ask...is this 852A model better than 850B?

Comment

Probably both much the same in terms of capability and quality.
                At a higher price the Aoyue should be better somehow, but who knows.

I'd go for the one that has the best controls on the front.

For me that would be something where the temperate setting knob has actual temperatures written next to it, rather than just arbitrary numbers of 1-through-10.

Or where you enter the temperature through pushbuttons and it comes up on a display.

Remember, the best product in the world is useless if the interface is horrible.
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                  Hi Smason. Do you remember how much was shipping and handling? Did Canada Customs fall asleep again and let this one go by duty free?
                  Shipping was obscene. I combined it with another order for work
                  It went Fedex International Priority for about 65.00. No extra charges that I remember.
                  36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Does HT 850D+ sounds familiar to anyone? I saw it today in some shop. My guess is that is the same thing like other 850D's but i just wanna ask, cause i can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X