• Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont let your pc get like this!

pics
    Attached Files

Re: dont let your pc get like this!

that was in an industrial setting?

gonna show you a server soon which is like that heh. damn novell it is 24/7 whether you like it or not.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

no it was a home pc that came into the store.
      i will take pics of black death(dirt metal dust and cutting fluid/coolant)inside a swi prototrak m2 head i am rebuilding.

Comment

I've seen a LOT worse than that.... I only wish I had taken pics.........................
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

i think my pc is infected with a worm!
          Attached Files

Comment

the pic with the snake wound around the inside of the psu was rejected by the bbs due to size?
            they are all 4 the same size.

Comment

To the dusty pics: yuck. How old was the pc? and i thought my boxes were dusty. yuck.
              The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

My computer must be a light-weight, religious, or something.

I got tired of drinking alone, so figuring that my computer was my best friend, I gave it some Jack & Coke. It spit it out the fan, hiccuped, and quit working.

but I do that too sometimes

"Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
                AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069
                  I got tired of drinking alone, so figuring that my computer was my best friend, I gave it some Jack & Coke. It spit it out the fan, hiccuped, and quit working.

but I do that too sometimes

LOL.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

i lost the floppy the pic was on but was sent to service a server last year.
                    they were complaining of overheating.got there and the server was in a pole barn that was open most of the time.opened it up and was greeted by several hundred wasps and a few mice.
                    wasp nests covered the top inside of the case and filled the empty drive bays.
                    mice were living in the psu and inside a dat changer.
                    at least it was cool enough that the wasps were kinda helpless and were easy to kill off.had a trashcan full of stuff i cleaned out of this doublewide case.
                    surprised that it worked after the eviction.
                    the mice hadnt pissed on anything...yet.

Comment

jeez they get full service when they call you.
                      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
                        i lost the floppy the pic was on but was sent to service a server last year.
                        they were complaining of overheating.got there and the server was in a pole barn that was open most of the time.opened it up and was greeted by several hundred wasps and a few mice.
                        wasp nests covered the top inside of the case and filled the empty drive bays.
                        mice were living in the psu and inside a dat changer.
                        at least it was cool enough that the wasps were kinda helpless and were easy to kill off.had a trashcan full of stuff i cleaned out of this doublewide case.
                        surprised that it worked after the eviction.
                        the mice hadnt pissed on anything...yet.
                        Gee wiz, I'm surprised that the PC didn't go boom. Especially with mice in the PSU. ROFL!!!
                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

they are lucky nothing failed and ignited the debris.
                          i had a system from a mangotech saw that had bad caps that were scorching the sawdust they and the rest of the mobo was buried in.
                          was tempted to set the startup sound to beavis and butthead with their fire chant!

Comment

I used to do tech support with Delta Products. One time a PC mfr customer sent us a batch of failed P/Ss complaining of an excessive failure rate. When I opened the P/Ss, at least 2/3 of them had roaches - whole and partial - fried onto the PCB in the 300VDC primary area. After inquiries, we learned that those were all from the same end user (clue! clue!) and that company had had a roach infestation. Dang computer bugs.
                            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

i did a lot of work for sears on their sanyo built microwave ovens.
                              the most common issue was roaches.
                              the roach shit would cause leakage in the area of the opto for the triac.
                              the triac would turn on part way and try to feed dc to the transformer.
                              poof!
                              a cleanup,triac, and conformal coating fixed these.
                              some were so bad we bagged them and sprayed.
                              folks got upset when they saw the extermination charge.
                              they would get really mad when sears didnt cover the repair under warrenty.
                              hey sears didnt fill the unit with roaches!.and you cook dinner in that?

Comment

This is some very funny stuff. LOL
                                Jim

Comment

I think this PC was used in a basement or a shed or barn with a dirt floor, or on a verandah in a desert or the outback, being subject to regular dust storms.
                                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

One time, I had some electronic loads (used for testing P/S) repaired and calibrated. They had spent a year sitting in a warehouse, and probably hadn't been cleaned out for quite a few years. The calibration guy had to take them all to a gas (petrol) station and use an air hose to blow out all the dust and dirt.
                                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                                    X