Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P55VT30 7 Blink Troubleshoot log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P55VT30 7 Blink Troubleshoot log!

Hey all!

I was able to get a readyy nice deal from a private party on this VT30. I am stoked to see this get back up and running. I got everything for it including the breakaway inputs for Composite and Component ect, 3D glasses and Wifi USB Dongle.

Anyway, the seller told me he was watching the Superbowl and right as the Seahawks were at the infamous 1yrd line he said the TV did a BZZZZZ POP and that was that. (True Story, even the TV knew the bad play that netted an interception was coming!)

Fast forward, I picked it up and he told me Geek Squad told him it needed a new SC board due to 7 blink and sure enough yes it does blink 7 times.

Anyway so I got a little bit of time and broke it down to start my debug process. Holy moly this thing is THIN!

So I disconnected the upper and lower Ydrive boards and jumped SC50 pin to see if infact the SC board was toast and sure enough 7 blink happend with the buffers disconnected.

Next step I disconnected P2 and P11 (SC and SS power plugs) and then I disconnected plug 35 on the power supply (this feeds power to the bottom C buffer boards)

Then I proceeded to disconnect the 3 white flat ribbon cables being fed to the mainboard.

This test is to determine SMPS and Mainboard functionality. The TV was able to power on and the red LED stayed solid. (This is good)

Then I took out the Upper and Lower buffers to check their stability and they did not yield any shorts ( I hear the Buffers are the weak point of these VT series panels and are quite spendy to replace and or repair)

This panel uses all SMD IGBT's ect. And reading on others who have ruined their SC boards by trying to DIY replace them I opted to have ModusLink tackle the repair (yeah yeah i know I know).

Also ordered the replacement screw upgrade kit from SJ!

Anyway I will update once the repaired SC board comes back to me in a couple of weeks!

I am looking forward to seeing the very last generation of Panasonic plasma panel up and running, this was supposed to keep up with the Kuro from what I have read on various sites.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-P55VT30 7 Blink Troubleshoot log!

VT30 is a good panel but it's 2011 generation; Panasonic's last models were the VT60 and ZT60 which actually exceeded Kuro picture quality on many levels. VT30 is an excellent set though! Would love to see this fixed, keep us updated.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      VT30 is a good panel but it's 2011 generation; Panasonic's last models were the VT60 and ZT60 which actually exceeded Kuro picture quality on many levels. VT30 is an excellent set though! Would love to see this fixed, keep us updated.
      Right on, I must have miss understood when I read last gen. lol it was 2am!

Yeah this is defiantly the thinnest plasma I have seen to date.

Cool thing is, the 3D glasses worked on my TC-P42GT25 so I got to test the 3D functionality on that, Looked fantastic!

Comment

I am honestly thinking of putting this in place of the UN55ES7100F upstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinju View Post
          I am honestly thinking of putting this in place of the UN55ES7100F upstairs.
          I would replace a Samsung LED with a Panny plasma in a heartbeat.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            I would replace a Samsung LED with a Panny plasma in a heartbeat.
            Heh somehow I knew you would say that I almost got a deal on a working F8500 with a Power supply that was failing I almost convinced the wife to let me drop the coin on it but by the time I had her convinced the ad expired and I forgot to jot down the number.

Before I order the screws, it seems the 55VT30 parts on SJ only sells the Screws with the SC repair kit (they will not sell them seperatly Grrr) There is a screw kit for the 55GT30 here http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-x...-screw-kit.htm

Will these work on the 55VT30?

Comment

Should do - only concern is if there will be enough of them.

Comment

Kit comes with 18, there is 7 on the SC board + the 3 that hold the SU and SD and 4 mayb3 5 on the SS.

Eh its like 8 bucks shipped, if anything I have em for the next panel and I could always take the originals to Tacoma Screw (Nuts and Bolts place) and have them match me up with a suggestible equivalent with washer and lock washer.
                Last edited by Shinju; 02-19-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Part was shipped today! Will be here Thursday, super excited to see this one up and running.

I need to lay it flat on my table and make sure I set those buffer ribbons correctly, not a lot of room to move those suckers on that bad boy.

Comment

We have often wondered whether the suffix on a Panasonic SC was critical? Or, will they interchange?

We have always used only the proper suffix (ie BK, BJ, etc)

Has anyone ever had any luck using a different suffix?

Thank you
                    Aimee
                    This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                    Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Originally posted by electronicsurplus View Post
                      We have often wondered whether the suffix on a Panasonic SC was critical? Or, will they interchange?

We have always used only the proper suffix (ie BK, BJ, etc)

Has anyone ever had any luck using a different suffix?

Thank you
                      Aimee
                      I think at a glance the TNPA5335 is only used on 50/55" models so probably not a lot in it. I don't think it would be too hard to compare the components on one to the other. capacitors and coils may be the only difference to match the panels.

Repairing the boards is another option.

Comment

So I got the board in and she is up and running and looking gorgeous!

I would call this a complete win but I do have a question. When I ran the scrolling bar after I had it on for about 10 min I saw in the white bar at the top pink/blue and reddish looking maldischarge, it seems the longer I left the scrolling bar on it would get less and less and less and less each pass the white bar made.

I do not see this issue with the TV running at all, not one pixle is out of place or any maldischarge of any sorts. I have put it on a solid white screen no issues, bright pictures fast motion scenes anything to see if I cannot see this strange maldischarge at all.

Is the panel fine? Is the top buffer going to blow? I would be more concerned with this if I was seeing this issue while the TV is displaying a feed. This panel looks crystal clear outside of the scrolling bar. IF I let the panel play and go back to the scrolling bar the maldischarge comes back but not as bad and again the longer I let it run it goes away.

Super strange!

Oh and yes, I replaced every screw on the SC, SU, SD, SS and the SS buffer. HV screws and the new screws are tightened down super good.

TV is currently running the Disney WoW disc on retailers loop. Looks fantastic!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Shinju; 03-05-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Also I didn't take any voltage readings because there wasn't any sticker voltages to verify against so I've no idea what they're supposed to be.

Comment

Measure VSUS and see what you read. Maybe it's a little low. Can cause pink tints on white. Maybe try test patterns on full white and see if they have problems too.

Comment

there is a low and High setting in the service menu you could try that but as Tom says, check vsus. There's been a few instances now that after a repair it's needed a tweak. It is preset on the P board so try that A board setting first as it will adjust it

Comment

How does one enter the service menu? Never had the need to enter it on a Panasonic!

Comment

So I managed to find a way into the service menu holding volume down on the panel and pressing info three times.

I saw that the VSUS SETTING was set to low I put it on high and I'm not playing the TV and I see no difference with the scrolling bar maldischarge I did notice when the panel is in vivid mode there is no maldischarge on scrolling bar.

I ran the test patterns in both VSUS high and low and I saw no maldischarge on any pattern except scrolling bar.

However in standard picture mode with CATS enabled I did see some strange shit. (Photos to come later)

What exactly does VSUS high and Low do?

Photo below is the solid white test screen no Maldischarge
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Shinju; 03-06-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinju View Post
                                    So I managed to find a way into the service menu holding volume down on the panel and pressing info three times.

I saw that the VSUS SETTING was set to low I put it on high and I'm not playing the TV and I see no difference with the scrolling bar maldischarge I did notice when the panel is in vivid mode there is no maldischarge on scrolling bar.

I ran the test patterns in both VSUS high and low and I saw no maldischarge on any pattern except scrolling bar.

However in standard picture mode with CATS enabled I did see some strange shit. (Photos to come later)

What exactly does VSUS high and Low do?

Photo below is the solid white test screen no Maldischarge
                                    It literally adjusts the vsus, listed in the schematics it tells you . On a 55vt30 204v , 209v

If it displays ok under normal use , I'd not get too bothered
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 03-06-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I don't kno what to make of it. Picture looks beautiful, maybe there is a firmware issue or fix for this scrolling bar or some sort of fix.

Comment

Definitely don't look like the TC-xxxxxxxxxx models.

And most of the TC-xxxxxxxxxx models are probably made in China, which is likely a sign of being cheap!
                                        Bad sign for Panasonic! And they were reportedly inferior to a Vestel!
                                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-06-2015, 07:28 PM.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                                        X