How modern Rubycon MCZs look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How modern Rubycon MCZs look like?

And, WHY had to be rubycon MCZ series? Panasonic and Samxon have suitable specs you can use to replace the MCZ series.

By the way, is there room for 10mm capacitors?

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
      And, WHY had to be rubycon MCZ series?
      I prefer MCZs, because they're universal and work for almost everything. If I buy a lower grade, I'd have to check every time if lower grade can be used or not.

Originally posted by Wizard
      Panasonic and Samxon have suitable specs you can use to replace the MCZ series.
      Could you, please, provide names? I've got lost in endless comparison tables on this site

Too small batches and too expensive. I'd alredy look for a 100 at a time, otherwise capacitors run out too quickly.

Originally posted by stj
      yeah, pannies are just as good.
      So, are they good or not?

Comment

Pansonic and Samxon (from Pope which I have bought over 300 caps in 3 seperate orders) are good as long as you are buying from suppliers and cut out the ebay.

Google the rubycon MCZ pdf data sheet and then compare this to Panasonic and Samxon. Most I see like Pansonic's FC series.

I use Samxon GD, GC (both low ESR) and GT for long life (10,000 hours at slight expense of ESR and size (very tall!) especially if power supply is extremely crowded and closed up which generic stuff is famous for and Apple are no exception).

The KEY info you want is ESR and ripple current (most important match or exceed by some percentage) and low ESR design, 105C.

Info is out there on 'net.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

those are the most obvious fakes i have seen!

Originally posted by long_double
          It's me again. Here are the photos of the caps in question.

Is there a FAQ on how to identify fake Rubycons?
          Does anybody know if MCZs can be grey (as on my photos) or they should always be gold-colored?

I measured capacitance rating of these fake-MCZs and on most of them it is around 1480uF (nominal is 1800uF). But on some it is 2200 or sometimes 2400.

Comment

judging from the pictures, you've already seen this one... anyway, their caps are genuine, prices are good.

http://stores.ebay.com/AudJade-compo...Q_fsubZ3471909
            "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

to kikkoman:
              from what i understand, audjade is where he got those MCZ fakes from.. (post #8 & 11)

Comment

Originally posted by long_double
                Well, I buy on eBay, because I could not find anyone in Germany, who could deliver what I want in 50 pcs batches.

Maybe someone could suggest a good reseller?
                Umm, www.badcaps.net

I ship to Germany all the time.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic
                  to kikkoman:
                  from what i understand, audjade is where he got those MCZ fakes from.. (post #8 & 11)
                  No, I have to agree with kikkoman, in post 11, he just wanted an opinion on the caps from AudJade.
                  ------------
                  Be a mensch

Comment

Originally posted by sofTest
                    Originally posted by kikkoman
                    No, I have to agree with kikkoman, in post 11, he just wanted an opinion on the caps from AudJade.No, I have to agree with kikkoman, in post 11, he just wanted an opinion on the caps from AudJade.
                    Yes, I just wanted an opinion on AudJade.

I am going to buy about 400 caps from them, so if anybody already did and can share their thoughts about the quality of a purchase, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Once again, restate who sold this fakes in your post #8 and who sold these "genuine caps" in post #11?

And again please look at buying from either here or Pope for samxon capacitors or everywhere else for Panasonic if you still have issues with obtaining or fake rubycon capacitors. BTW, both Pope and badcap.net ships Samxon capacitors everywhere. Pope is friendly authorized distributor of Samxon capacitors also is more closer to you (Hong Kong).

First, do a test buy of small quantity from that ebay you are inquiring about.

Second, photos is usually copied from another so this is reason I'm very wary of ebay.

Cheers, Wizard
                      Last edited by Wizard; 04-12-2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Well, I've received capacitors from http://myworld.ebay.com/audjade_chn here are the photos:
                        Attached Files

Comment

possible fakes... pics pf the bungs (bottoms wit the leads sticking out? it seems that the amount of sleeving on the vents is a bit too much...
                          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
                            Umm, www.badcaps.net

I ship to Germany all the time.
                            You got me with this one, Top!
                            Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

I have some Rubycon MCZ purchased as a Mac G5 kit from eBay that look counterfeit. White on black with a cross vent. Included are some real Rubycon MCZ Black/Gold for comparison. The counterfeits do not have the aluminum shine that the used real ones have. The fakes cost as much as real ones so someone is making good money.
                              Attached Files
                              sig files are for morons

Comment

would be nice to see the bungs too but we all know they are fakes already.
                                btw badcaps.net has that kit and the parts will be genuine!
                                Originally posted by severach
                                I have some Rubycon MCZ purchased as a Mac G5 kit from eBay that look counterfeit. White on black with a cross vent. Included are some real Rubycon MCZ Black/Gold for comparison. The counterfeits do not have the aluminum shine that the used real ones have. The fakes cost as much as real ones so someone is making good money.

Comment

The bung picture was a bit too large the first time.
                                  Attached Files
                                  sig files are for morons

Comment

The ones with the X vent definitely look fake! O_O
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

i think we have seen those before.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9890

exact same fakes... same vent and fake text.

i would not trust ANY of those caps, they all are suspect.
                                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I say overvolt or burn them and watch them explode!
                                        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                        X