Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Denied on Shopjimmy.com need help

Hi guys
    I keep getting this message up every time I try to access shopjimmys site, its gone on for about a month now, on my work stations and laptop, even opened up a new Browser (firefox) and still the same, can I put this right or is this something to do with my service provider (virgin media)

(Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://www.shopjimmy.com/" on this server.
    Reference #18.97ff4317.1442006228.2f1c2e2f)

I have googled REF No, still no luck, any info on this will be appreciated

Re: Access Denied, need help

trebo I would say it has to do with some security feature on your computers that is set. Perhaps your anti-virus program on what is allowed on the web. Could try to turn it off just for short time and see if you can access Shop Jimmy's

Comment

thanks keeney
      I have AVG, I have done a temporary disablement of it, and still the same
      I also have malwarebytes, is it possible that, that could do it, (I do not know how to disable that thou)
      Last edited by trebo; 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Looks like the server operator is the problem! (dropped code #403 bombs)

And that's very SME, UMG and WMG-esque to start a geo-IP-banning rampage.

My region isn't IP-banned, as far as I can tell...

Looks like Europe possibly got IP-banned. (thus possibly the Americas being the only ones allowed.)

That's also bullshit I expect with Hulu and Vevo, not a hardware dealer!
        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 09-11-2015, 07:48 PM.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

More likely a browser setting modified by corruption or malware. Check for and eliminate any malware but that probably won't change the settings back if any found. Might try reseting FF to defaults, delete all history, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
            More likely a browser setting modified by corruption or malware. Check for and eliminate any malware but that probably won't change the settings back if any found. Might try reseting FF to defaults, delete all history, etc.
            I agree, but is most likely a geo-blocking rampage.

It looks like Shop Jimmy banned Europe as of September, 2015.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

What the hell is that all about? I know some sites do that but I can't understand why.

Comment

I know Microsoft hires software engineers to block sights in china because the government wants it to happen. I know the USA stop sights from patent rights infringements. I can't imagine that individual sites are being block by service providers or browsers just because they do not want you to go there. I do know the search engines go to the highest bidder. As the same sights come up on a search page after page. To me that is bad enough. I just can't imagine the above people would stop a operator from going to Shop Jimmy's.

Comment

Yeah, China blocks all kinda stuff they don't like too, but as you said in this case where is the logic behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                    What the hell is that all about? I know some sites do that but I can't understand why.
                    And it's usually, because they want to commit far fetched copyright enforcement just to look powerful, to intimidate others.

4020.net is an excellent example, IIRC.

I feel it's more of an E-peen thing.

Some web site owners like to do that guilty-until-proven innocent bullshit..... (especially the owners of 4020.net and flowersforums)
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 09-11-2015, 09:22 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

if jimmy has a monthly traffic limit, maybe they dont want non-customers looking at all those images.

that does not make it less fucked-up though.
                      try going through a u.s. based proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                        if jimmy has a monthly traffic limit, maybe they dont want non-customers looking at all those images.

that does not make it less fucked-up though.
                        try going through a u.s. based proxy.
                        Looks like the index page is blocked by the server configuration file, too.
                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

I'm on Virgin, and yes access denied. Browsing through my vpn in the US no problem.
                          I've emailed them asking if they still ship to the UK.
                          The last place i worked blocked Chinese IPs, perhaps they are just returning the favour ?

Comment

Im in the uk too and also having access denied problems.

Comment

Doesn't work with a Brazilian or Russian IP either.

Comment

Blocked here, too. Strange.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

And here is me thinking i had done something to upset them? they were my first stop to check compatibility with board number ? gone but not forgotten ACCESS DENIED

Comment

Custom denied!

Comment

Thanks fellas for all that input and info
                                      so I can take it that its nothing that I have done, and nothing that I can do to put it right then, as here in the UK we are all in the same boat

@diif, (Browsing through my vpn in the US no problem.) not very computer savvy, but will look into this, can you recommend a vpn provider that I can give it a try?

@stj. (try going through a u.s. based proxy.) not sure how this is done, will look into it, thanks

Thanks again every body, much appreciated

Comment

This site seems to let me view www.shopjimmy.com now
                                        http://www.uswebproxy.com/index.php
                                        Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-12-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X