No announcement yet.

ZD-915 not sucking (not clogged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I faintly recall reading (Hakko) the (small) gap is intentional and suction makes the rubber flex and seal in place. Otherwise it gets burned due to the heat. The metal tube is at soldering temps.

I'd make a 3D printed part and then mould it out of silicone to conquer this crap.
    My Hakko 470/809 just cratered, the tip had something inside like a blob of lead-free solder or a lead cutting that I could not get out. It's soldered in basically and I'd have to take a torch to the tip to heat it up and scrape the insides.
    So I'm just getting a new Ali tip and see if that fixes it from constantly clogging. But I had to take it apart so many times it wrecks the filter.
    The 1mm poker is essential but useless sometimes.

It was the lead-free solder that killer her. Hasn't worked well since.

Comment

lead, lead-free, bismouth - makes no difference.
      what does cause problems is sucking up old flux or broken component leads - specially the leads!

Comment

"How about tip life with lead-free solders?"
        "Tip life will be reduced with lead-free solders and it is important to choose tips really designed for lead-free soldering. Many tips are only tinned with lead-free solder and the iron plating is no different than traditional soldering tips. High tin solders like to dissolve iron and this reduces tip life. Some assemblers have reported important reductions in tip-life for example a manufacturer reported that with 63/37 the tips lasted 3 months with lead-free the tip-life was only 3 weeks." source Kester

I also have short tip life working with lead-free boards. The plating just dies quickly, compared to lead.

Lately the desoldering station will clog after almost every use. Took the barrel off and tip out, and "something" maybe inside the tip soldered to it, or just simply solder there. So you couldn't poke it out (need heat). It prevents the tip from seating 100% to the heater. This is a real Hakko A1005 tip. I thought it could be a lead clipping or plating fail inside it causing solder creep (most likely). I've almost flipped out and binned it, and buy something newer compared to the repair parts costs.
        The 809 gun vacuum gauge on the side of the handle helps a lot to tell you if it's a clog or a leak.

Comment

flux creates a hard glaze on the inside of the tube that you have to remove with a ram-rod,
          it will also get into tubing and even pumps - i have to clean the whole hose maybe once a year

Comment

New parts arrived today
            0.067" thick (looks like 1.5mm)
            0.552 diameter (looks like 14mm)
            0.075 inner diameter (looks like 2mm)
            note that my dad's good calipers only have the US measurement standard, metric values where taken with a ruler

it is hard to use calipers on a object that flexes

Comment

a good tip for finding out the size of a hole,
              try putting drill bits through them till you find the last one in the pack that fits

Comment

my 0.0765" bit fits loose but it does not fall off
                it a metric bit from ali-expess, cause finding metric bits in the us is horrible

Comment

lol - finding imperial in the rest of the world while not impossible will cost 3-5x the price!
                  what the hell happened in 1776?
                  i thought you people got rid of imperialism?

Comment

As someone who grew up in the US this measurement system is garbage, the only thing that is fine is temperature and that is ONLY for the weather and the thermostat and i do still think C is better as 1C is smaller temp range than 1F

everywhere i have ever looked for a name brand metric dill bit has nothing at any price, what brands exist on the other side? here for the big ones are (excluding store brands) Bosch, Dewalt, Milwakuee, and you can find Greenlee at stores that target contractors

Comment

it's the same companies.
                      https://www.toolstation.com/power-to...rill-bits/c713

Comment

wow i could not even find metric products on the manuf. website for the companies i have looked up...

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15268851574...MAAOSwhMFZqwTR

I found these punches for which I think that you can punch 1/16” rubber mat with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25602727599...Bk9SR9zp5aOaZA

SILICONE RUBBER SHEET 1/16THK X 12" X 12" 55 DURO +/-5

or this one

Silicone Rubber Sheet Of 500mm X 500mm - 0.1—>1,(2) ,3,4,5mm 500*F (2mm) would be the one that I would order for 1.6 thickness

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19644085350...r=496241508277

Dose anyone think that this will work

I will probably order this stuff next month after the first of the month
                          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-20-2024, 04:46 PM.
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply
                          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%
                          1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board
                          All of these had CAPs POOF
                          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

sounds with a try, the OD has plenty of tolerance from the look of it, the ID is probably fine 1.5 - 2 mm (maybe you can stretch the material b4 punching the center out so it will go back smaller than the punch?)

Comment

Working...
                            X