No announcement yet.

What's your favorite internet browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite internet browser?

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
    After downloading like an idiot 60 or more updated versions of it I will agree with you.
    Firefox 3.0 was had an even friendlier GUI.
    I never really "got into" firefox. The running joke is going to be, "How many versions of FF will there be? As many as it takes to keep it broken!"

But they manage to kill their child by all this nonsense scripts loaded in all social media ..... Your browser is outdated ... download the latest shit so to stop watching this nag screen.
    This is actually two things, at least by my own observations. They (mozilla) forgot how they got to where they were, combined with questionable financial "aid" for their marketing campaign.

And, inducing the sheep into "clicking anything." "It's from FF- they wouldn't hurt me or steal my data!" Bahhh, bahhh! "Tech companies" aren't like that! No, they're most likely to be predatory- look at all the data we can market!

Which brings me to:
    And all the game is about loading on the browser hidden engines that sends information's to websites regarding the cookies of your browser.
    That's why you see the "need the latest version" scripts on certain sites, and all the compulsive clicking/inducing. "The game" is selling eyeballs/data. "The means" is through FF, especially by way of that stupid built-in google search device. The average user doesn't even bother to look at the URL for various strings, such as "FF version, uniqueID," etc. Yet, it's right there in the URL bar. Williingly duped. "FF loves them so." And when there's a "mass password leak" every few years, we're told that it was "mysterious" and no-one knows how it happened.

Hitler "loved" everyone too.

Yes I am feeling totally safe those days, when my browser does such great job about retransmitting all my tracks on the internet to unknown sources.
    Thank you.

[joke]
    SHUT UP- LIAR! We at the mozilla foundation would never do such things! None of that's true, go back to sleep. "War is peace, hate is love."
    [/joke]
    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
      look at all the data we can market!
      Right on target.
      Thanks for the creative dialog.

Comment

Right on target.
        Likewise.

Thanks for the creative dialog.
        The same to you.

It's amazing. Ten years ago, there would be much "outrage" about all these "antisocial" things- failbook, twatter, screwyou-tube, people texting when they're within each other's range of voice, widespread "womens" (anti)social games, and overall "proud ignorance."

Now, anyone who doesn't "shut up and take/accept it" is written off as "crazy." I don't know about you, but the "zombie box" or "quiet weapon," commonly known as "television" has more than played a part. You see, the same "masters" of television are the very ones who, and always have, tried to put those who are of free mind into "categories" such as "nutter," "kook," "fruitcake."

There's no excuse for this today. All anyone has to do is a few simple searches online to find the very documents (as PDFs) where this is all laid out.

When I say "television," I do not merely refer to "the device you watch your blu-rays on." I mean the "whole picture." Pun intended. The whole picture, including, "subscription-based debt enslavement device," "product placement (for consumption/debt)," "normative cues," which "undo" social abilities of those "tuned in," desensitizing (end-of-the-world, and "war" programming), "mass distractions (unreality TV, corporate-sponsored/created tribalism- aka "sports," filtered/selected "news")," "mee-mee-mee syndrome (HGTV, TLC, QVC) teaching people to not only "compete" with each other over slave- and slave-made goods (which only exist to enslave)," and, of course, normalization of perversity/vulgarity, especially when considering what passes for "comedy" nowadays (Comedy [Programming] Central). Often mistaken as "sexualization" of television- it is, but it's not. It's merely another vestige of decay, simply to be mirrored by the "sheep."

And mirror it they do.

But it's nothing new at all. Just how many other nations have gone through the same thing? "But they didn't have TV and computers back then, you idiot!" A-ha! The theme was the same- only the means to the ultimate end, the technology of the day, was different.

Well, so much for "favorite browser." Sorry for the hijack...
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

You'll like this then: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/virtualiza...continues/4089

Summary: What's your next desktop OS or desktop manager going to look like? Have you been sucked into the dumbed-down, new-fangled garbage floating your way or are you going retro?
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

I love how Safari and Opera have zero votes

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
              midori for me.
              its a nice little webkit browser that uses less resources than ff
              The Windows port of Midori sucks! FYI.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I don't think I can say I have a favorite browser, but I voted Firefox just because that's what I use these days to get around (and I've gotten used to it now). I'm still on version 3.6, but this version has become "outdated" to straight banned on some websites, so now I also keep an installation of Firefox 4.0 portable and also Opera 9/10 for when Firefox 4.0 doesn't seem to work on some websites.

In all honesty, I like IE6. It may have more than a boat-load of security holes, but it's efficient as hell. And for about 6-8 years ago, it was still quite useful. Only when websites started "outlawing" it is when I had to stop using it.

Looks like IE6 has became so outdated that now I can use it again. I guess most websites either don't recognize it properly anymore or they "downgrade" their content to basic html-only - which is actually quite a bliss for me! A few weeks ago, I was about to drop the axe on my Yahoo! mail account because their last "update" made the mailbox slower and more broken than ever could be in older versions of Firefox. So I don't know exactly how I decided to login with IE6 again, but I did, and all of a sudden, I noticed they had me "downgraded" to html format only. This is great! Now Yahoo! mail is exactly the same way it was back many ages ago. YouTube is in a similar boat. Watching full-screen videos on any browser other than IE6 is impossible on my computer right now, all thanks to the latest flash player and YouTube's "ever-improved" video player.

With a hosts file and IE6, I think I am back in business now .
                I still use FF 3.6 for the majority of my browsing though (especially BCN). The one feature I trully would like to have in IE6 is window recovery if my browser was to crash or power was to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                  What do you expect, if you had Safari you would have to own up to having a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                    I voted for opera if we are talking 12.1 and older. My only problem is sometimes it gets memory leaks and won't shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                      ... I'm still on version 3.6, but this version has become "outdated" to straight banned on some websites ...
                      In case you're interested in foxing the foxer .

· Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.

· Pay no attention to the warning and click on.

· Type useragent in the filter box. If the preference general.useragent.override does not exist create it by right-clicking, selecting 'New', and selecting 'String'. Name the new preference general.useragent.override .

· Enter your desired user agent as the value of the preference. For instance this string will masquerade Firefox 3.6 running on WinXP as Firefox 25 :

Code:
                      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
                      (This new setting will persist until we change it, even if we close and reopen the browser. To revert to the default user agent, we must right-click the general.useragent.override preference and select 'Reset'.)

· Enjoy the web without the bloody yada yada about updating your browser .

Comment

Originally posted by TELVM View Post
                        In case you're interested in foxing the foxer ...
                        Sweet!
                        I know there was a way to do it but I never got to looking up how to do it.
                        Bookmarked for sure. Thank you for posting this. I think I may try that on some of my computers this week. I was just wondering what to do about the nagging issue and was starting to install Firefox 18 Portable alongside 3.6 in order to have more compatibility. But looks like this won't be necessary anymore .

I'm now also disabling the extension blocklist on every Firefox install I do.
                        Last edited by momaka; 12-23-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I vote Fire fox just cause is more friendly and do not get me crazy about how to figurer out how to get rid of Keyring crap every time i boot up.

Comment

Chrome is making me bummed. It's more dumbed down than Firefox.

Worse is that I heard that Chrome has better benchmarks even when slower than Firefox!

So don't expect Chrome to be any faster than Firefox overall.

Right now, it looks like the only pro about it is that it's bundled with Flash and not stuck with 11.2x under Linux.

Google sometimes forgets that users' PCs aren't the property of Google!
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Been on Firefox for the last two years now.
                              CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
                              GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti / GTS 450

Main Driver: Intel i7 3770 | Asus P8H61-MX | MSI GTS 450 | 8GB of NO NAME DDR3 RAM (2x4GB) | 1TB SATA HDD (W.D. Blue) | ASUS DVD-RW | 22" HP Compaq LE2202x (1920x1080) | Seasonic S12II-620 PSU | Antec 300 | Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1

Comment

I'm using the Iceweasel.
                                While I'm on windows, using firefox.

Comment

Use IE and Chrome.

IE stability has seriously taken a nose dive this year though.

Comment

I love firefox I remember when it came out, I got it on a Maximum PC CD and it was called Firebird at first, now on my 64bit versions of windows i use Waterfox the 64 bit port and and on android its my browser of choice. ad block pro FTW
                                    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Ok My favourite is Fire Fox in Linux and IE in Win vista

Comment

ie + win vista

Comment

Still better than IE in Windows ME
                                          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                                          X