Luxon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxon?

I have heard G-LUXON but a board of mine (Failing at CHECKING NVRAM..." from like 1997, Slot 1, i440LX, has LUXON caps, no G in the front.

Is LUXON the same as G-LUXON?

Re: Luxon?

post a pic.

Comment

sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Not a respond to your question, but for information Luxon and Teapo are same Taiwanese manufacturer for a few years now (see internet).
        We had huge problem of bulged capacitor from both brands, to avoid 100%.

Comment

Are you sure about this? Teapo acquired Yageo some years ago, but there was no information that Teapo had acquired (G-)Luxon. In any event, Teapo caps are of generally better quality than G-Luxon.

Comment

http://www.teapo.com/about2006E.htm

down in subsidiaries.

http://www.teapo.com/indexE.html

Also on their main page in the scrolling text on the left.

http://www.yageo.com/e

Actually, I think Yageo owns teapo. Look in their strategic pursuit list, in #1, it says "Integrating Passive Component Sectors - In 1996 and 1997, both Teapo (Taiwan's largest E-cap manufacturer) and Chilisin (Taiwan's largest inductor manufacturer) became part of Yageo. These additions enabled Yageo to become one of only three manufacturers in the world to supply all three primary passive components: resistors, capacitors, and inductors."
            Last edited by 370forlife; 11-10-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I suppose someone should actually answer your question.
              Originally posted by Oerg866
              Is LUXON the same as G-LUXON?
              Yes, they are the same.
              Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Yes, Yageo is the parent company to Teapo. [Not the other way around.]

Teapo has had associations with various other companies over the years.

Put this one together people.
                Corporate HQ for both is in Hsin Tien, Taipei, Taiwan
                -
                TEapo
                YAgeo
                Hsin Tien
                -
                TEYAH
                -
                I think Yeago was trying to spin off an build a new brand for some marketing reason but when Tayeh got a bad name for crap caps they just dropped the the label.
                -
                I can't say for sure that's where the name came from but I'm confident Teapo and Tayeh came down the same assembly line after seeing Tayeh branded caps with Teapo trade mark vents.

It's always been uncertain who's actually making the cheap caps but lately it's nutz trying to keep up track of who's making the good Japanese caps.
                -
                Fujitsu sold their Polymer business to Nichicon who rebranded to FPCAP.
                Sanyo sold their Lytics to the subsidiary who actualy manufactured them anyway and they are now called Suncon.
                Hitachi just now [Oct 2009] sold their Lytic division to someone called Shin-Kobe.
                I think Panasonic did something too but at the moment I don't remember what.
                -

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Hi PCBONEZ.
                  As you wrote
                  “I can't say for sure that's where the name came from but I'm confident Teapo and Tayeh came down the same assembly line after seeing Tayeh branded caps with Teapo trade mark vents.”
                  Could you explain what the Teapo “trade mark” vent is? How to differentiate from others vents? Any information on what is wrong (bad electrolyte?)... What we see is that some months production are not too bad, some are awful...

Comment

The Thai and Chinese manufactures often use Aluminum procured on the local market which has excessive and different impurities than the Aluminum procured in the Japanese, US, UK markets.
                    -
                    The quality will vary with the Aluminum they are using.
                    -
                    http://www.dfrsolutions.com/pdfs/200...an-Helmold.pdf
                    -

Now that I drew this I realize I could'a took a snap shot.. hahaha

Attached Files
                    Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-16-2009, 03:01 AM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information.

Comment

Working...
                      X