Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying cap.

Hello,

Can someone please help me identifying these "silver" colored electrolytic capacitors?

I can read "Jo" and "ail", but I don't know what brand can be... I think they are Japanese capacitors, and of good quality, huh?

Thank you, guys

Best regards,

Re: Need help identifying cap.

am i supposed to see a foto?
    because i cant.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      am i supposed to see a foto?
      Yes of course... sorry.

because i cant.
      Ok, I will use attachments instead... hold on a second.
      Attached Files

Comment

joemaster???

Comment

joemaster???
          No I don't think so... The name of the brand ends in "ail"...

Thanks for helping!

Comment

if you could take a closer pic of the capacitor it would be appreciated i just can't see the name sorry

however the green capacitor looks like a nichicon audio filter capacitor
            Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by coreAngel View Post
              if you could take a closer pic of the capacitor it would be appreciated i just can't see the name sorry
              Thanks, but I can't take any pictures... I grabbed these ones from the Internet, they are part of a recaping/upgrade project of a japanese dj mixer (Vestax)

however the green capacitor looks like a nichicon audio filter capacitor
              yeah, I guess they are Nichicon MUSE...

Thank you!

Comment

Hmmm... I think I got it!!!!

JOVIAL

I found another picture so you guys can look at them too.

I also found an interesting thread talking (not too good) about this caps: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=495059

still researching......
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrainKaos View Post
                  Hmmm... I think I got it!!!!

JOVIAL

I found another picture so you guys can look at them too.

I also found an interesting thread talking (not too good) about this caps: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=495059

still researching......
                  just read it it's TK Jovial could have fooled me but still toshin kogyo dont have the best track record of reliabilty..well i guess they need to go somewhere i would replace with nichicons or chemicons (does ncc make audio only purpose caps?)
                  Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

ji guess they need to go somewhere
                    hahaha...

well... the funny thing is that I thought these capacitors were of high quality, because I have seen them in some projects to improve high-end audio equipment (mainly in power supplies) for dj's, like the old Bozak or Urei classic rotary mixers, etc...

Last edited by BrainKaos; 03-27-2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

hahaha...

well... the funny thing is that I thought these capacitors were of high quality, because I have seen them in some projects to improve high-end audio equipment (mainly in power supplies) for dj's, like the old Bozak or Urei classic rotary mixers, etc...

dont worry you dont have to hide, im actually surprised this exists in high-end audio equipment, at least use nichicons i would think they are much higher quality, than TK... but some equipment today especially in audio have cheaped out and have significant quantities of junk capacitors, i saw an amp the other day with jun fu caps....i was like

Comment

i saw an amp the other day with jun fu caps....i was like
                        indeed... it's a shame.

I have a Crown amplifier here, that I love, not just because of his sound, but of his rock-solid build quality. Like tanks...

It's so far the most rugged thing I have here in my home...

I attached some pictures I took while cleaning the unit first day arrived to home.... nice beefy power supply, and... look those "little" caps, mate!

pd: I pray not to need to replace them in my whole life.
                        Attached Files

Comment

indeed... it's a shame.

I have a Crown amplifier here, that I love, not just because of his sound, but of his rock-solid build quality. Like tanks...

It's so far the most rugged thing I have here in my home...

I attached some pictures I took while cleaning the unit first day arrived to home.... nice beefy power supply, and... look those "little" caps, mate!

pd: I pray not to need to replace them in my whole life.
                          im a fan of USA made caps but i have a weakness for Japanese caps too, though i love panasonic (matsushita) caps,and hitachi's .... if i see especially the nichicon muse caps i go nuts ...if i could replace all of my caps on my computer with them i would

Comment

13,500uf 70v - typical.
                            american manufacturers can never follow standard values of anything!

Comment

if i see especially the nichicon muse caps i go nuts ...
                              hahaha! me too...

I am trying to figure out which are the caps used in all these projects (Section: ***Audio Equipments Mod/Improve***): http://meta-design.biz/modify.html

now I now at least the TK Jovial, Nichicon MUSE, and also saw some FG series...

as I said, still researching...

Comment

I also see a Roland TR808 with some maroon colored Elna's in the power supply, that had been replaced/upgraded by the TK Jovial's... then lot's of the Nichicon's MUSE & Fine Gold, but I also see some TK's in the signal path...

maybe they just sound cool?
                                Attached Files

Comment

you dont want "audio grade" caps in a psu section!

Comment

you dont want "audio grade" caps in a psu section!
                                    I know ..audio caps caps in a PSU is a no no...but I wish they made such a pretty cap series like the nichicon audio series for low ESR applications

Comment

why? are you one of those guys that like stuff with acrylic cases & neons?

Comment

Re: Need help identifying cap [recapping project].

I am looking this information because I am planning to recap my dj mixer, and it's a good one: Formula Sound PM-90, fully modular, from 1990, made in UK, multiple award winner.

It has been built with some UK made electrolytic caps called NoVer...

I will start with the external PSU (+18v/-18v/+6v)... It has three original NoVer 2200uf/40v, two small Philips 100uf/63v -which are not original (they where recapped before I buyed my unit from second-hand)-, and finally a little NoVer 100uf/25v.

I have purchased (the only thing at the moment, and I must say I did it before I meet badcaps.net) three ROE 2200uf/40v for replacing the NoVer's. I attached a picture of them.

yeah, that's why I am looking for nice replacements for all those NoVer/Philips...

pd: attached a picture of my home setup (with USA made Loudness Meters, hahaha) ...

Attached Files
                                        Last edited by BrainKaos; 03-28-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X