Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insignia ns-l42q-10a White Layer on Picture

Hello all...

I do not know how to describe my problem well enough so I took couple of pictures. I also included some pictures of the boards and such. The board that the power cable goes into has been replaced with another one that was advertised as working however there was no change. I do not know what else to look for. Everything about the TV works. The only problem is the transparent white layer on top the picture as can be seen in the pictures.

I was hoping you guys can help me out. Any other information regarding the problem, I will provide.

B.T.W. I am a complete newbie - although I fix computers, I have not fixed any TVs yet. I'd appreciate if you guys can go easy with the terms (:

Thank you !!!
    Attached Files

Re: insignia ns-l42q-10a White Layer on Picture

Depends on your level of experience.

The fault is the AS15-HF chip on the T-con -- the smaller square one.

Replacing it isn't too difficult or expensive (chip is under $5) but requires moderate SMD soldering skills.

The entire T-con may also be replaced too.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Wow that was amazing response time.

I have soldered many things before. I will order one soon and see how it goes. Are any chain stores that will send this kind of thing? I prefer just go and get one.

Thank you so much !!!

Comment

Only places I know of are eBay. RadioShack and their cousins are too busy selling phones, from what I hear.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Poster reports TV is now fixed by replacing that IC.

Comment

Good call Tom!

Comment

I am having the exact same issue, I do not feel comfortable soldering on a new AS15 chip, so i was looking to replace the entire T-con board. I have the same T-con Board pictured by the OP, but when i do a google search i only seem to find a board that looks different

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSIGNIA-NS-...item1c35701c99

http://www.shopjimmy.com/cmo-35-d033150-t-con-board.htm

Both of those sites list the same model number as the TV i have, but like i said my t-con board looks like the OP's. The connections look the same,but there is a white connector on the left hand side that is not on my current tcon board.

Will that board work? or where can I find the exact same board?

Comment

See the white sticker on the board? That should have the part number on it. Type that into SJ or Ebay. Many TV's use different panels in the same PN.

Comment

Originally posted by truep View Post
                    See the white sticker on the board? That should have the part number on it. Type that into SJ or Ebay. Many TV's use different panels in the same PN.
                    when i type in that number i do not get anything

I do find other boards online using the T420HW04 number on the bottom left of the board.

When i search Ebay with that number I find boards that look exactly the same, But none of them say they are from my model number TV. But I assume if it is the exact same board/ board model number. I should be fine?

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-42LH30-TC...item35cb831c2f

(also thank you for the fast response)

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Depends on your level of experience.

The fault is the AS15-HF chip on the T-con -- the smaller square one.

Replacing it isn't too difficult or expensive (chip is under $5) but requires moderate SMD soldering skills.

The entire T-con may also be replaced too.
                      I've got this exact model with the same problem. Did you somehow diagnose the AS15-HF chip by looking at the pictures OP attached or is this just a common repair for the "white layer" problem?

Comment

I wish the tv im working had that easy fix

Comment

Originally posted by bug_nuts View Post
                          when i type in that number i do not get anything

I do find other boards online using the T420HW04 number on the bottom left of the board.

When i search Ebay with that number I find boards that look exactly the same, But none of them say they are from my model number TV. But I assume if it is the exact same board/ board model number. I should be fine?

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-42LH30-TC...item35cb831c2f

(also thank you for the fast response)
                          Just following up in case someone else with this same issue finds this thread.....

I picked up a T420HW04 board from a different model TV on ebay and it worked perfectly. If its the exact board and model number, it will work.

Thanks for the help guys. No more white layer and the tv looks good as new!

Comment

Bumping this... my coworker's TV is having washed out and color issues, same model as in the title, and I suspect it's the same AS15-HF chip. I'm going to order a couple off of eBay tonight, and once I've got them and installed, I'll report back if that was the solution.

Comment

If the chip has a metal base which is soldered to the circuit board then it is a real pain to get off unless you have experience.
                              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yeah I do electronics for a living so Im lucky enough to have access to the proper stuff.

Comment

I don't mean to bring up an old thread, but my TV has this same thing. I ordered a new T-Con and it did not change. Is there a way to test the chip? I am at work and really have no idea if my t-con even has this chip.

I might just start a new thread when I get back home.
                                  Doing this on the side to make some extra money for my daughters dance competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanfan03 View Post
                                    I don't mean to bring up an old thread, but my TV has this same thing. I ordered a new T-Con and it did not change. Is there a way to test the chip? I am at work and really have no idea if my t-con even has this chip.

I might just start a new thread when I get back home.
                                    Start a new thread and make sure to include make and model in the thread name, also upload good clear pictures of the T-CON so we can tell you where to the check the GAMMA Voltages on the T-CON bd.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Necro bump. I forgot to update that I installed a new AS15-HF chip, and the TV was fine. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                      X