Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post The Led Backlights Your Fixing Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post The Led Backlights Your Fixing Here.

Hi,
    just joined the forum.
    My main TV Hitachi 32HXC01UB backlight failed on the 1st of May, just over 2 years old.
    I found one LED open-circuit next to the connector on one of the two 11 LED strips.Reeceyburger123's tutorial on you tube was invaluable in disassembling LCD screen,diffusors and reflector.The double sided tape on the reflector was a pain to separate,Iused small plastic sheets to isolate the sticky tape.Just hope the smd FET and LED array chip on the Vestel 17IPS19-5 PSU have survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackplug 123 View Post
      Hi,
      just joined the forum.
      My main TV Hitachi 32HXC01UB backlight failed on the 1st of May, just over 2 years old.
      I found one LED open-circuit next to the connector on one of the two 11 LED strips.Reeceyburger123's tutorial on you tube was invaluable in disassembling LCD screen,diffusors and reflector.The double sided tape on the reflector was a pain to separate,Iused small plastic sheets to isolate the sticky tape.Just hope the smd FET and LED array chip on the Vestel 17IPS19-5 PSU have survived.
      well done mate, when you have it running turn down backlight setting it helps the leds last a bit longer

Comment

Classic Crap Bush le-40gb01-c no backlights psu was working fine
        took screen apart and found this... nice and brown hmmmm
        took off sockets and plugs and hard wired them in now all working and on test
        Attached Files

Comment

Sad that they cannot use good connector that can handle <0.5A
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
            Sad that they cannot use good connector that can handle <0.5A
            the feed wires were so thin theyre about the same thickness as a single lvds cable lol i think it was a samsung copy screen had a samsung tcon and screen driver board that runs along the screen but i couldnt see samsung on the back of the panel

Comment

Originally posted by comptek View Post
              Classic Crap Bush le-40gb01-c no backlights psu was working fine
              took screen apart and found this... nice and brown hmmmm
              took off sockets and plugs and hard wired them in now all working and on test
              Good stuff but Im sort of annoyed now I just sold the black version of this Tv it had failed Firmware, wondering how long it will take to come back to me with Led fault lol
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks for the tip Comptek, I wish the LED array was easier to get to though!
                I am more used to fixing CRT sets to be honest.
                I just hope the LED supply FET and the LED array chip on the PSU board are ok.I have ordered a LED strip off Ebay and am hoping to splice a segment off that into my faulty array.
                Using my backup set an older samsung LE32R51BD albiet with it's own fault,have posted it on the forum, for hopefully some feedback.
                Cheers..
                Last edited by Jackplug 123; 05-05-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                  Good stuff but Im sort of annoyed now I just sold the black version of this Tv it had failed Firmware, wondering how long it will take to come back to me with Led fault lol
                  hmmm im wondering if its gonna come back with a firmware issue now lol

Comment

Originally posted by comptek View Post
                    hmmm im wondering if its gonna come back with a firmware issue now lol
                    Haha wouldn't surprise me mate
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks for the tip Comptek, I wish the LED array was easier to get to though!
                      I am more used to fixing CRT sets to be honest.
                      I just hope the LED supply FET and the LED array chip on the PSU board are ok.I have ordered a LED strip off Ebay and am hoping to splice a segment off that into my faulty array.
                      Using my backup set an older samsung LE32R51BD albiet with it's own fault,have posted it on the forum, for hopefully some feedback.
                      Cheers..
                      Thanks for the feedback on the vid Also normally the Psu wont ever be damaged by a bad Led as they have a protect circuit as well as the Leds are in series and are fed back through a feedback line not direct ground so chances of the Psu getting damaged is very low.

Also have you considered what I also suggested in the video by changing the Psu diodes and running the core update, as well as adding thermal paste to the tab bond driver ?

Comment

Hitachi 32HXC01UB
                        Spliced single replacement LED into upper faulty array, reassembled and under test.
                        Reset LED backlight to LOW
                        Dynamic Contrast to High
                        5349 Hours on clock,set is 2 years old

Comment

SEIKI - SE322FS had two dead LEDs. Fixed the LEDs, but busted the screen reassembling the thing, but it was a freebee. Large mounting pad is the CATHODE.

RCA - LED50B45RQ had two dead LEDs. Fixed the LEDs and successfully reassembled the set. Large mounting pad is the CATHODE.

VIZIO - E470i-A0 had two dead LEDs. These LEDs have a different polarity in their mounting (Large mounting pad is the ANODE), so I am waiting for some parts from AliExpress. This was also a freebee.

It's funny how a series strip can have two LEDs go out at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                            Thread started to simply see how bigger scale these Led backlights are failing and how many you have fixed. So far I have fixed 58 of them all with one or more failed Leds stopping the backlight firing on ! How many and how often do you get Led Tv's with failed backlights ? Let me know what you have on.

I have on now:

32" Lg Led Tv 32LN5400
                            32" Technika Led LTA320AP33
                            Good morning.
                            I have the same TV for repair.
                            TV : LG
                            MODEL: 32LN5400
                            PANEL: LC320DUE SFR1
                            NUMBER LED STRIPE 6916L-1437A x2 and 6916L-1438A
                            It has two bad Led on led stripe 6916L-1438A.
                            How do I find the correct part number for smd leds backlight your LED TV ?
                            There are enough of them on the market.
                            http://www.sahy.cz/sahy/eshop/5-1-LE...-LED-backlight

Comment

Hi Reeceyburger, could you point me in the right direction to update the core on the Hitachi ? It's a Vestel VES315WNDL-01
                              Cheers
                              Steve

Comment

Hi Reeceyburger, could you point me in the right direction to update the core on the Hitachi ? It's a Vestel VES315WNDL-01
                                Cheers
                                Steve
                                Hi what motherboard is it ? For MB82 use this:

http://www.vesteldriver.com/TV_MB82_CORE_UPDATE.html

Comment

Also I have lost of the amount of Leds im doing lol

Comment

2 Hitachi 32" done in last two weeks, first tv had one o/c led, second tv had 5 leds out on one strip and one out on the other strip

Comment

Will have to remove back to check, but the 2 white paper lables on the interface board read as follows
                                      LABEL ON INTERFACE BOARD ON CIF SOCKET
                                      --------------------------------------
                                      10089336-23175496 260 32"
                                      27139736 DIJ
                                      V066a

LABEL ON INTERFACE BOARD ON PCB
                                      -------------------------------
                                      23175497*39736
                                      066a L2 02
                                      08*02-4* 12-401

Does that help?
                                      Cheers
                                      Steve

Comment

Just found the Motherboard Code which was lurking under one of the lables!
                                        Its a 17MB82S
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok so now download the core update and run it. Have you watched my MB82 core update video ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X