sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

I have a sony tv model number kdl46xbr2, one day the screen just went black and no sound. I sent it to a repair shop and they said it was a tcon board. I was looking for any other that may have seen the same problem. Like I said the problem is i turn the tv on and there is no video, sound nor can i get the menu screen to come up. The sony light comes on and the tv indication light is green and steady. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

You should have audio if you have an input source and are on the correct input (hard to tell with no picture).

These had faulty t-con boards and faulty panels.

I would not buy a used t-con board and a new one is a bit pricey.

These I am sure had panel issues just like my 52 and the 32 (kdl xbr).

These tvs also have micro fuses all over the main board. (one on the t-con)

If you have 12vdc to the t-con board then you may just have a bad t-con or panel.

I would not waste much time or money with this tv due to panel problems.

Comment

i just gutted a 2009 built 46" sony kdl that still powered on but has a smashed lcd...

i will see if its the same model#.. if so, ill make you a deal on all the damn boards if you want.

Comment

krap.. its a kdl-46s4100.. prolly not the same... oh well worth a shot i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by lombardb21 View Post
          I have a sony tv model number kdl46xbr2, one day the screen just went black and no sound. I sent it to a repair shop and they said it was a tcon board. I was looking for any other that may have seen the same problem. Like I said the problem is i turn the tv on and there is no video, sound nor can i get the menu screen to come up. The sony light comes on and the tv indication light is green and steady. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
          I have a KDL46XBR2 with a broken screen. The TV plays in all (other) respects which says to me that every board is in working condition.

Comment

Hello lombardb21,

This is Amanda Maffei from the SonyListens team. We are here to listen and to respond to any questions or concerns on your Sony Electronics. I can see that you're upset and we would like to help in any way possible. So whenever you have time please email us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com with your contact information. We will give you a response in no time. Thank you!!! =)

-Amanda Maffei

Comment

Originally posted by Sonylistens View Post
              Hello lombardb21,

This is Amanda Maffei from the SonyListens team. We are here to listen and to respond to any questions or concerns on your Sony Electronics. I can see that you're upset and we would like to help in any way possible. So whenever you have time please email us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com with your contact information. We will give you a response in no time. Thank you!!! =)

-Amanda Maffei
              No doubt this is someone's idea of a joke. This TV is around 5 years old? Somehow, I don't think Sony is going to voluntarily come forward and provide help on something that's out of warranty. Besides, read the wording of the response, lombardb21 was not really "upset" in his initial post.

Comment

Hallo .Im new in here ,but my problem is old.Sony bravia46kdlxbr2 with long time to fire up ,on and off by itself ,colorfull screen before everythink become dark and finaly after several atempts to unplug and plug in tv start working until tuned off cool down and whole process starts again. Any advice?Please.

Comment

Those are typical symptoms of bad caps. Take the back off the TV, take a sharp, well lit picture (maximum size is 2000 pixels in either direction) showing the inside of the TV and attach it using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

hi to all have a problem on xbr series all your problem is come from t-con that model used gamma i.c that will easily to break down. it will last 2 or 3 yrs take a shot of your t-con board and i will edit where is the defect i can also send you a replacement i.c for free..

Comment

exsonyexpert by any chance do you have the training manual for kdl46xbr2? I need it to fix the one I have, also maybe some info on the ic you said to replace
                      *** Today for me Tomorrow for you,*** Ji Ji

Comment

@cadillacman, does your SONY T-CON look like this with the same number? I am working on
                        KDL-46WL140 which has bad T-CON board and it supposed to use the same T-CON as your model. I will be interested. Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by budm; 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

MAbye.. Its going to be awhile. My tv tinkering and arcade games are on hiatus as my game/eletronics rooms are packed with books and crafting stuff. Im finishing part of my basement for the mrs so she can have a nic dedicated library and crafting area, so that means my stuff just became storage.

Comment

Hi ! exsonyexpert by any chance do you have the training manual for kdl46xbr2? I need it to fix the one I have, also maybe some info on the ic you said to replace. thank you
                            *** Today for me Tomorrow for you,*** Ji Ji

Comment

Here are the service manuals:
                              http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

i need a training manuel for a sony kdl46xbr2 also this unit has no picture no menu or no back light power led is green no error codes

Comment

where are all the Samsung reps, now that would be great if they sent free chips and parts out

Comment

did you ever figure out what the problem was i have same tv that does same thing

Comment

Originally posted by exsonyexpert View Post
                                      hi to all have a problem on xbr series all your problem is come from t-con that model used gamma i.c that will easily to break down. it will last 2 or 3 yrs take a shot of your t-con board and i will edit where is the defect i can also send you a replacement i.c for free..
                                      Is this person exsonyexpert still monitoring these posting? And if so . Do you have any tcon or ic boards for the Kdl-46xbr2?

Comment

I have a KDL-46XBR2 with no sound and no picture. I have no stand by light but green power on light does come on when you press on button and blue LED Sony light comes on also. I checked voltages and seem to have proper voltages all over board except no voltage on backlight and panel pins no where on the boards. Would this most likely be a main board problem or a power board problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                        X