Buying electronic components on AliExpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying electronic components on AliExpress

Have anyone bought electronic components at AliExpress?

Some time ago I bought 10 MAX680CSA from a seller and none of them worked. Later on I found one of those from a scrap board and it worked fine.

What are the chances of getting fake or counterfeit ICs/transistors from chinese sellers?

Look at attached images. How is it possible that both ICs are original if the marking typography is different? In one, "Techcode" is wider than "TD1482A", while the other is the opposite. Is it possible that a manufacturer produces various batches of the same product without a consistent look?

How is it possible that many sellers there have a feedback ratio of 97% or less? In eBay, less than 99.5% is rather average score. Why many sellers look the same with small variations in their names?

And what about eBay? Many sellers from China or HK with same prices, but at least their feedback score is much better. But is the product more reliable?
    Attached Files

Re: Buying electronic components on AliExpress

If anything there is also a chance they were used pulls from old equipment and relabeled.I've personally avoided aliexpress for such reasons as it's generally a crapshoot as to getting anything decent or not. Some users here have had some okay experiences but only with the small handful of sellers that had the highest reputation.
    Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

AliExpress is kind of like the bar in starwars.

it's full of some of the worst scum in the universe, but you can find anything if your carefull.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        AliExpress is kind of like the bar in starwars.

it's full of some of the worst scum in the universe, but you can find anything if your carefull.

I am so using that next time I see someone ask about AE. That's just beautiful... *sheds a tear in laughter* It's a trap!
        Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

counterfeit parts have always been a problem.
          moreso in places like ebay,aliexpress,ect.
          i know of several reputable vendors that got hosed with fakes and several times.
          digikey and cei.
          they are aware of the issue and they still got some fakes.
          have to stay on your toes!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Xue
            I have a small store on Aliexpress. To sell our regular stocking products. Meanwhile, let more people know our brand.
            but you didnt tell us your brand!

post a link for us!

Comment

Another big problem is seller denial. The typical answer: "You're the first one to complain about those fake IC/transistor/etc. Are you sure?" At first you don't dare to discuss something like this with a big seller, but the more you know how they work, the more you know the huge work it would mean to check all parts against counterfeits. They work based on confidence with their suppliers, which is not a 100% warranty.

Comment

90% of the time I have problems with aliexpress.
                Either send me wrong item or deffective.

I have better luck with ebay than theese clowns on aliexpress.

Comment

http://www.uucap.com.cn/english.asp

UUcap brand capacitor is with the German technology and technology professional manufacturing production product idea have long life resistant ripple current low resistance and other properties.

UUcap to customers, employees, shareholders' interests first, to promote social responsibility focus capacitor knowledge, the centralized energy concentrate undissipated attention to should do be bear our obligations.

UUcap customer requirements as the goal, provide customer the product quality required implied meet the market demand, the research and development of development made unremitting have long life resistance to high ripple current capacitors and several patent technology know-how you we recognized the biggest power.
                  My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
                    http://www.uucap.com.cn/english.asp

UUcap brand capacitor is with the German technology and technology professional manufacturing production product idea have long life resistant ripple current low resistance and other properties.

UUcap to customers, employees, shareholders' interests first, to promote social responsibility focus capacitor knowledge, the centralized energy concentrate undissipated attention to should do be bear our obligations.

UUcap customer requirements as the goal, provide customer the product quality required implied meet the market demand, the research and development of development made unremitting have long life resistance to high ripple current capacitors and several patent technology know-how you we recognized the biggest power.
                    Right up your alley. Junk Chinese Crap Caps. Get you some.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                      Right up your alley. Junk Chinese Crap Caps. Get you some.
                      lol fuck off, I was just posting that for the new chinese member that didn't link to his product. I wasn't advocating it.
                      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
                        lol fuck off, I was just posting that for the new chinese member that didn't link to his product. I wasn't advocating it.
                        NO , how about YOU FUCK OFF.

Comment

You know the Nike Mag trainers Marty wears in 2015 in Back To The Future? Well I got some of those off AliExpress. 2 months later, they arrived. :p

Comment

There's another flaw in Aliexpress and eBay feedback system. One usually leaves feedback once the component gets home, but correct packaging and visual inspection pass doesn't mean a good component. It may take some time until the component is used in a repair or a project. In that case, you have left positive feedback but when you find out the fake stuff it's too late to change it to negative. Dishonest sellers benefit from this "lag" in fake discovery and that's why their feedback score is much better than should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chungalin View Post
                              There's another flaw in Aliexpress and eBay feedback system. One usually leaves feedback once the component gets home, but correct packaging and visual inspection pass doesn't mean a good component. It may take some time until the component is used in a repair or a project. In that case, you have left positive feedback but when you find out the fake stuff it's too late to change it to negative. Dishonest sellers benefit from this "lag" in fake discovery and that's why their feedback score is much better than should be.
                              Very true, just happened to me so thought it was worth a thread revival.
                              USB cable advertised as USB 3.0 when it's actually a USB 2.0 cable.

I had already left positive feedback and all I can do is add pictures to my current feedback, not revise it's rating.
                              Attached Files
                              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

many fakess.... it is more like a gamble to buy... might or might not works.

Comment

I never buy anything from AliExpress but one of my friends bought wireless headfree from eBay and he told me that the product was 100% fine and till now working fine.

Comment

The PRC is corrupt from top to bottom. There may be an honest seller among them, but how can you tell?

My rule of thumb is that if something is worth counterfeiting, then the Chinese will have done it. For this reason I no longer buy from places like WES Components (a popular supplier to the trade in Australia). I've been stung by faulty cables, expired batteries, misrepresented products, and fake transistors. I prefer to get my stuff from RS Components, Farnell, Digikey, or Mouser. They cost a lot more, but at least I can trust them ... usually.

Comment

Another flaw with the feedback system is that one has to search all the feedback to find potential problems with the particular item about to be purchased.

Comment

Working...
                                      X