This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm Helgen from NYC. I'm an electronics geek mostly working with computers and audio and I joined so I can learn some tricks mostly with LCD/LED monitors and TV's for future reference!

Comment

Hi my name is David, i currently live in Sheffield England. I have been repairing laptops for a few years now but apart from the odd DC jack replacement i have done no other work at component level. I used to work in the steelworks so i'm more used to crashing and banging to the delicate work on motherboards, however my soldering skills are improving and with quite a lot of help identifying components i believe my soldering skills are sufficient to swap out faulty bits. Looking forward to a new adventure.

Comment

Auto Mechanic, Business owner, dad, and step dad... I find myself learning more and more about electronics everyday. its a big change form the trs-80 we had in '90 in high school and learning to program in BASIC. fixing some TVs for myself and friends and playing with the Arduino and pi trying to get back into programing and learning. thanks for all the advise ive read so far.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for letting me into the forum. I live in Gothenburg Sweden and have been a radio ham since I was 16 years old. In Sweden not many people repair things (sorry to say), as it may be the case in many other countries. It is often easier and cheaper to throw out the old and buy new. As a keen hobbyist and always wanting to learn more, I find it interesting to repair things. Makes one kind of feel good about reducing scrap and the environment..Hi. Regards SA6BUQ

Comment

My name is Youry. I'm from Russia. I've found here such interesting electronics community and I'm happy to join it!

Comment

Hello all.I joined this forum to learn a little more about electronics especially plasma tv's.I really like repairing things when possible instead of just throwing them away.

Comment

Hi everyone - I'm Justin from down under New Zealand. I've been collecting pieces of vintage hifi for a while now and so far have been lucky that they haven't needed much in the way of component level work.

I have recently picked up a Technics SL-QL1 turntable however and this does need some love in its circuits. I'm pretty much a noob at this stuff, possessing only a basic understanding of electronic components. I also only possess basic tools such as a DMM and a simple soldering iron.

My Technics has a runuaway speed problem and I'm pretty sure it's related to the frequency generator (tachometer) circuit so I'm here to learn about how to repair this good stuff !

Comment

Hi guys just a quick hello from N.Ireland. I repair mostly game consoles but need some info on a blue ray player

Comment

Hello! I am a retired Navy guy. Working on an EE degree at LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas.

Comment

Hello, Im Jasper, aka JJJACER, I have been working on computers and electronics since i was 16, (17years ago), I love this forum for all its useful resources and hope to contribute along with getting my own questions answered.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm Stefano. I find this forum on the web looking for some detailed technical informations. I'm not an expert, but with my dad, we try to repair electronic devices ourselves.

Comment

Hi everyone from the middle of mediterranean sea. Trying to overcome the noob stage also with you help and hope I'll be able to contribute somehow. A 13 years old forum ? wood, that's what one would call a pillar on the net

Comment

May _not_ edit my posts ? well, too bad, you'll have to survive a couple of intrusions from my stupid word corrector..

Comment

Whats up. I have an extensive background in iPhone repair. I worked in an avionics shop for about 7 years. I've move on to greener pastures and not longer do avionics. I'm an avid DIY fixer and spend my time working on various broken gadgets.

Comment

Hello people, was surfing for info on sceptre 50 in backlight displays gone bad when I came across your forum. Read thru some of the many problem tv's and decided to check this place out for any related answers. Mine took a dump this past friday at 5:30 pm, got sound but no picture. Tried pwr off then on,unplugged also to no avail. There is a display beneath the black though. Removed backside,chked caps and diodes, seem all okay. Now it's either inverter boards or led strip at this point. I.m 66 and down here at the bottom of Texas, tired of repairing things breaking down. Thought I had invested in a decent brand and checked many reviews before purchase--2 yrs and 19 days later with well under 18,000 hrs, a hiccup gone bad before Xmas. Anyhow, HELLO TO YOU ALL!

Comment

Hi All

I am new to this, but have a keen interest. I am currently trying some easier jobs to just get into it and become more comfortable with component level repair. I have already found some good info on this board!

I love tinkering and fixing stuff that might not even be economical to repair, I just do it for my own satisfaction. It probably gets over engineered in the process as well

I hope to contribute what I can, but sadly at this stage I'm more of a sponge. Perhaps in a few months I can help people who are where I am now...

Comment

Greetings folks!

I was redirected here following a post I made on another forum regarding an active Tannoy speaker which had failed... I'm heavily interested in electronics and build a lot of analogue hardware as well as digital, and a little bit of programming thrown in for good measure. Looks like a good forum and I look forward to reading through and hopefully contributing some useful knowledge...

Comment

Hi, just joined .... Thanks to exist: D
                                      drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

Hello all,

I love DIY and fixing everything. From welding to soldering to machining new parts for things found in dumpsters.

I am decent mechanically, but lacking in the electrical troubleshooting and thats why im here!

One of my favorite things is to install linux on a previously 'broken' computer and then give the computer to someone who needs it. Next project will be to make a server out of a freebie computer!

Thanks all for the future help.

Zack

Comment

hi, im come to forum to try learn more, i make a easy repairs on laptops

regards

Comment

Working...
                                          X