This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I was trying to find potential schematics or tips for helping fix Chromebooks.

Comment

Hello fellow techies and overall smarter than the average people. I go by the nickname Liono because it was something my Dad used to call me. Yes… hair… Thundercats enough of that.
      So I used to go to Radio Shack and test vacuum tubes to repair old sets. Swapped tuners, replaced flyback transformers, did some VCR repair. Went to school for electronics engineering and ended up in the auto service industry.
      I get frustrated with a lot of the proprietary IC’s in use and schematics are hard to come by. I look forward to fixing some stuff in the future. Since reinventing the wheel is not my thing, all that have walked the walk and are willing to share information are respected and appreciated.
      Thanks in advance and I hope I can share anything relevant.
      We fix stuff and we know things ��

Comment

Hello there, I'm an electronic enthusiast that have dump a lot of money into electronics repair for over a decade, I love to find more knowledge here. thank you for your hospitality.

Comment

Hello, I'm Jian. Trying to fix my son's Lenovo Yoga 7i.

Comment

Hello all friends throughout the world, keen to learn and grab on something in here. An electronics enthusiast and licensed hamradio operator here, radio callsign 9W2RUT/W2RUT.

Comment

Hello everyone,
              i am a tech enthusiast, my main area of expertise is in software, however, over the years i've hoarded a lot of "probably reparable" devices which i planned to try and repair in the future. Well, the future is now, so i signed up to start learning hardware repair.
              Let the weekend projects begin..

Comment

Hello👋
                The electronics and saxophone are main streams in my live.
                After school I believed, that I will stay electronic engineer. But in couple years I became musician and teacher of woodwind. However in my home there are such instruments as Saxophone piano multimeter oscilloscope micro ESR IMAX b6 etc)
                That's my hobby and my life

Comment

Hello, My name is Veewhy, and electronics is my hobby. I am happy to be part your forum and aspire to learn more from knowledgeable forum.

Thank you all

Comment

Hello!
                    My name is Ventsislav, from Bulgaria. I am an electronic engineer. I'm retired now, but still tinkering with electronics. Here I find a lot of useful information and a lot of people who help!!!

Comment

Hello all,
                      I'm just a hobbyist and hope to repair an old stereo. Hoping to learn heaps from your forum. Not sure if I can add anything though.

Comment

Greetings and salutations,

I'm known as Garouppa, a techy guy that aims having his own stuff working "normally" without having to send it outside for repairs whenever possible.

I have acquired all the tools and with my background knowledge in electronics, electricity and computer sciences, I'm generally able to restore most of the stuff that fails, I only lack some schematics sometimes and(to be honest) the blo**y markings on the smd components in new boards (and this is a shame).

Thank you all for your great work
                        Best regards
                        Gar

Comment

Hi boys,

My name is Agustin from Spain (Madrid) and I am a systems administrator, I dedicate myself in my free time to repairing computers, whether hardware/software problems, never at a low level or with BIOS programmers, etc., therefore I hope to learn in that sense.

Regards and thanks for everything.

Comment

Hello,

Just here trying to repair an Acer 240hz monitor after I recently completed my first repair on a stereo amplifier.

Regards

Comment

Hello, new here. Working on and hoping to remove a supervisor password from BIOS after the seller disappeared on me without giving me the password. I didn't know there was a SVP PW until I need to change boot order. Hoping to learn and solve this issue.

Comment

Hello. I like to repair. Thank you for this site.

Comment

Hi everyone I am Sam from New Zealand; I recently started learning some basic motherboard diagnostics and Ive heard about this forum more than a few times during online conversations so I though I would sign up today.

I own computers going back to windows95 Pentium 200MMX, right up to modern hardware. I have a huge passion for all types of computers, operating systems and computer programming.

I love building and restoring vintage computers; there is something about the smell and sound of hardware booting up and functioning, that just cannot be beat.

Recently I decided to take another deep dive and learn motherboard diagnostics and component level replacement. I have purchased many tools, hot air station, T48 EEPROM Programmer, de-soldering gun etc. Recently I have been able to successfully replace 0402 SMD Resistors, an ALC883 Audio Codec IC.

I look forward to our forum interactions.

Comment

Hi All,

Somehow on my knowledgeable gathering on repairs it's taken me here.

I hope to learn many things here.

Til' next time!

Comment

Hello world

Comment

Nice

Comment

Been designing computer hardware and software for over 40 years. Designed (and had my hands in production) of replacement hard disk controllers for Decsystem 2060 and went on to greater things from there. Learned my software craft on Honeywell DPS6 and also homebuilt microcomputer systems.

Never stop learning. Never stop doing.

I ride my KTM 450EXC in the northern trails of Ontario to take my mind off work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X