This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am a computer guy and electronics hobbyist who found this forum while looking for a good picture of a electric fence controller board. A friend's electric fence controller grounded out and I saw a similar board here. It's great to have experts and others willing to share their knowledge and help out others.

Comment

forgot to say they call me "Goat"

Comment

Hi lewis here from the UK , always tinkering with bit n bobs hopefully I can get some advise on how to do basic tv repairs and in return the info gathered will help others, thanks

Comment

I have been in computers since 1979 when I designed a proper keyboard, and eventually a replacement case, since then I have had everything from the ZX80, to the future FX20 to the latest I7 clones.

Comment

Hi this is Fabian from Germany. Just wanna say hello

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi all, Its been a while since I've been on a forum, I used to hang out a lot on a computer help forum. I like to tinker and take things apart to try and fix them. I will be looking for some additional help on this forum.
                Thanks, see you in the posts!

Comment

Hi. My name is Dan and I'm a tech junkie from Canada. Been taking stuff apart to fix it since I was a teenager (Cars, TVs, PCs, appliances - pretty much anything). Hoping this site can help me with my latest fix-it project. Cheers!

Comment

Hi all, My name is Matt (Tinman042). Much like a lot of you guys and gals here I grew up taking things apart just to put them back together. I did the 286,386,486 Loved the hardware side and grew to love the software side of computers. Now as much as I wish I had done like most of you and took a higher level of education with electronics I did not. So here I am in my early 50's wanting to learn all I can about electronics, you know what I'm talking about!! Taking it apart just to but it back together! I really want to thank everybody in advance for sharing their knowledge. A big part in my decision to start learning about electronics was the fantastic attitude with all of you guys and your willingness to teach anyone that has a desire to learn. I'm already learning so much just reading the question followed by 5 to 10 responses to each question. I look forward to posting my questions. Let see how many TV's it will takes until I get the hang of it. Ha Ha!!.
                    P.S. This whole Fix TVs came about when a girlfriend of mine showed me this YouTube clip of some guy replacing a electrolytic capacitor on a Samsung Flat screen and that fixed the TV. I said that's crazy, so we went down to the e-waste grabbed a few Samsung flat screens found the blown cap and now I was a TV repair guy. (Not So Much I learned really fast.)

Comment

Hello everyone. I came to this site for help with my TV. I read a solution, but it didn't work for me and the only way to ask for additional help was to open an account. So here I am.

Comment

Hey guys, just making a quick pass through so I can ask about a question about an LED strip in my Emerson that just went out today. Namely how to tell which one is bad in a strip and if it would kill the whole thing. But hey, this isn't the TV troubleshooting subforum.

Comment

Hey yall, My name is Chris and I live/melt in the city of Phoenix. I'm not a pro, but i do work on TV's now and again; I found an LG in a dumpster that, once I got it home and plugged it in, had theswe pretty green flashing lights. So I innerwebsearched for why it do what it do, and $7.50 later, I had my 1st flat panel TV. Needless to say, I look in dumpsters for TVs now, and have -amazingly - found 3 more and they all have had similar, easy problems to fix.

This seerm slike a good place to be whenm i get stumped!

Comment

hi...
                            i am venkat from india.i am doing electronics services work at my home..named as poweron tech...i have some knowledge about laptop,monitor services..i will share my skil with u....

Comment

Hi Everyone,

The Panasonic blinking 7 light syndrome has lead me to your forum. I'm glad to see so much much added value. This will be my first attempted tv repair. Happy Holidays from Canada!

Comment

Hello my name is carl im from las vegas,NV .I was in constuction (A foreman in underground utilities) now have moved to maintenace repair.So im pretty handy with repairing almost anything,but lack the tricks of the trade when it comes to troubleshooting these newer televisions.

Comment

Hi guys,

an LG W2242PKT gave up on me a few weeks ago and now has the 2-sec-to-death-syndome. The thing is way too nice to throw away so i decided to fix it.

Cheers,

Comment

Hello, and Merry Christmas from Dixie. I learned of this site at a Family Christmas get together. Hoping I can get a little guidance repairing a Panasonic 720p plasma tv.

Comment

Hello and merry Christmas to all. I love to play golf, hence my name is Maxfli. I am a high voltage Journeyman Lineman out of I.B.E.W. Local Union # 104 since 1986, sworn in, in 1977. I am new to tv repair and find it interesting. I built my own computer and water cooled it. It is not too hard to do, as most components are plug & play if compatible. I fixed my 2008 Samsung lcd tv.It had a starting problem. I replaced 3 bad caps 2 years ago, and still, all is well. Knock on wood or my head, same thing. My son is a trouble man for Eversource, 3rd generation Journeyman Lineman. He. brought me over a tv that his buddy was tossing out. It is a 2012 Samsung plasma smart tv It plays great for about a minute and shuts down. I only get a reading of 3.3 volts on pin 1 (PS_ON), and 5.30 volts on pin 2 (STBY), after the tv shuts down. I took out the SMPS and noticed rings around the solder on mosfets QS802 & QS804. I am going to resolder the board and see what gives. The tv is model# PN60E7000FFXZA. The SMPS is model # BN44-0051A, P60SW_CPN. I was wondering where to go, I think you all could tell me that, as to where I could find schematics, part numbers, and trouble shooting info for this tv. I could not believe how thin the boards are in this tv. My motherboard in my computer is at least twice as thick, if not more. The problem I see with this SMPS is that it is so thin, it flexes, and can't support the wait of the heat sinks which leads to solder and power problems, amongst other things. Any help in this matter would be deeply appreciated. As my Parents use to tell me, nothing is too good for you, and nothing is usually what I got. Thanks again and have a safe, prosperous new year.

Comment

bonjour a tous

moi c'est martial j'ai 43 ans j'aime beaucoup l'informatique et l'electronique .je suis de france dans la franche conte .

joyeux noel a tous

Comment

Hello and merry Christmas to all.
                                          i love to ride motorcycle.
                                          www.service.rs
                                          thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X