• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody!

Comment

My name is Amos and I work in the IT support field.

I have been teaching myself to repair electronics as a hobby and really enjoy resurrecting equipment that would have otherwise been discarded. I appreciate this forum and all the knowledge willingly shared. I hope to one day be a valuable contributor myself.

Comment

Hi Guys, I am new and have been using this forum on and off for a little while, mainly to check on caps with low ESR, and to get general advice. I am working through a run of old TVs and monitors that need minor repair so I will chime in from time to time on those.

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm a chemist/materials scientist trying to fix an issue with thin horizontal lines on my TV screen. Despite having an academic understanding of exactly how just about every component works, from the capacitors to the liquid crystals, I have absolutely no idea how to fix a TV. I need help!

Comment

Hey everyone..... I am an electronic engineer

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I'm looking foward to contribute!

Comment

Obviously a new member. CDHACK from Georgia. Attempting to fix my broken TV. I have viewed these thread before and found solid advice. I will need a little more help this time as I am now stuck and can't find my next step. Hoping the community and guide me.

Comment

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile and have gotten a lot of good advice. Now that I've registered, I'm looking forward to being a part of the exchange of ideas.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the group and I Look forward to learning more about Plasma and LCD displays.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hello, I'm JARSR and I just registered a few minutes ago and I need some help, I've never done this blogging stuff before. I'm not familiar with the lingo, 'thread', what is a 'thread'? This box is the only place I could type something into. I'm supposed to make an introduction. I see 'new members post here'. Where exactly is "here"? I can find no place to click or type. Be nice to the newbie and show me how to do this. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Comment

Well it looks like this box is where I introduce myself. I have an Associates of Applied Science in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology. (How's that for a fancy name?) When I bought my first computer I decided to go all-out, I bought a Commodore 128 instead of the Commodore 64. I think I still have that thing somewhere, maybe I should donate it to a museum. HaHaHa. I'm a semi-retired Field Service Engineer with over 23yrs of service. Most of what I did was component level troubleshooting and repair. I've seen my share of internally shorted, melted or exploded caps, some right while I was watching, THAT can be exciting I tell ya. What brought me here was searching on Google for info on fixing a KLH ASW12-200B sub-whoofer. I have quite a few caps laying around, I could make an inventory and provide it if that would be helpful. They would be available free of charge of course. Well I hope that it's enough info about me. Take care all and Merry Christmas! Not PC I know, but I don't care.

Comment

Hi, joining the forum to hopefully get some help in fixing a 50" Panoramic I have lying around. Absolutely new to electronic repair, although I've taken a couple basic electronics courses as a mechanical engineering student.

Comment

Well I'm here to fix a Pano plasma I bought that lasted two weeks then went pop.
                              Waiting for the price of OLED's to come down. Some competition in the market would be nice.

I've always been interested in all things electrical and only this year built my first PC.
                              H170 mobo, 16gig 2300rpm, 256gig SSD off the M.2 socket, i5 2500K. Loving USB3 ans a proper monitor after running laptops the last few years.

Fist computer a Commodore Vic20 when I was a lad. You used to type in a string command and when you hit enter the magic would happen.
                              Had an Amiga 500 with the 516k expansion card and second floppy drive, good times.

Have wired up temp controllers for homebrew fridges and soldered up many hobby kits from the local electronic stores as a kid.

Anyway look forward to learing a bit and getting this TV back up and running.
                              Merry Xmas to all and a happy new year.

Comment

Hello,
                                My name is Sorin and i'm glad to be part of this forum.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I am stephan and from belgium.
                                  I am still learning everyday in repairing electronics.
                                  it's fantastic how al those little components works.

In the past i repaired my washing machine , dryer and car electronics

google redirected me a lot to badcaps, thats why i registred here

Comment

Hi - Joining this group where I have been reading for some time.

Having repaired thousands of electronic devices from 1975 to 2002, I have electronics experience - yes. Always been god at finding the cause and fix for a fault, be it in a TV, a laser cutter or a RF transceiver.
                                    Since 2002 I have been in a R&D department, so not so much experience in flat screens obviously - and now I am only fixing things for friends at a no-profit basis now - mostly high-end audio, some professional induction stoves and the occasional special TV.

Comment

Hi, everyone.
                                      Great to find here all the infos i need to fix the stuff thats lying around for quite some time. Like the power supply of my Powermac G4 or my JVC DLA-X3

Comment

Hello,
                                        I'm new here...

very useful forum...

thanks

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm integral, because it's all about the integrals baby.

I'm here to learn as much about electronics as possible, and won't stop till I have a mother board in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                          X