X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Guys!

Im here looking for some help to repair my 6 year old plasma TV :-)

I know eletronics, and know how to solder, but I need some input to crack this one...

Anyways. HI!

Comment

Hi,

PC repair in Denmark...

Comment

Greetings,

I was looking for some help with my Panasonic plasma on a different site. Another member pointed me here.

Thanks in advance for my novice questions.

lectrplatr

Comment

Well. The more you get into electronics, the more bad caps will pop up. Literally.

This place has helped me quite a lot in recent weeks and months. Maybe I can help others too.

Be seeing you around!

ScoreAddict.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
            As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
            So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
            where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
            Hi! My name is djr4573 and I am a retired Design Build General Contractor. Now I Play around with computers, TVs and any thing that catches my interest. Now I am interested in capacitors and how they work. I hope this forum will help in my quest. That about It.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Hi! My name is djr4573 and I am a retired Design Build General Contractor. Now I Play around with computers, TVs and any thing that catches my interest. Now I am interested in capacitors and how they work. I hope this forum will help in my quest. That about It.

Comment

Hi Feven!

Glad to be on this forum, I hope to learn a lot about different types of devices.

Comment

Hello Gentle Men and Ladies,

Just got in your world of tech solutions. I'm really looking forward to learn from you guys and as well give out some tricks and ideas. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all. Pete from Long Island, New York here. I found your forum and looks like it might be a great resource. I have a 52" Samsung LCD TV purchased around 2008. It's model number LN52A550P3FXZA. Upon start up it goes through this whole cycling thing on and off and then starts after about 20 to 30 minutes. After researching the internet, I found out about this potential capacitor issue and then found this forum. I opened up the back of the TV this past weekend expecting to find the bulging and leaking capacitors. To my surprise, all the capacitors looked perfectly fine, so now I'm back to analyzing and troubleshooting and trying to figure out what to do next. By the way, I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff, but thanks to the internet and youtube videos, I've fixed many things around the house successfully. I'm thinking I should try to just swap out all 6 capacitors and see what happens, but I figured I'd do some more research here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
                    Pete

Comment

Hello,

Im a repair supervisor at a shop in Fargo North Dakota.

Came here for some troubleshooting help and to get up to speed on TV repair.

Jeff

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forum and will be seeking the help of some experts on a Mitsubishi LCD TV that will not power up. Look forward to any help I can gain from this. Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone
                          i am a computer & electronics engineer from Greece and i am glad
                          to participate in this amazing forum .

Comment

Hello, I'm here to get help repairing motherboards and integrated circuits.

Thank you,

Toni.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I am Gatti from Germany.

I repair any kind of electronics.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                                Im Steve. i am by trade a nuclear engineer from Plymouth.
                                i have always dabbled in repairing computers/games consoles/and more recently TV's
                                I have found this site a valuable and reliable source of information and i look forward to learning a whole lot more.

Comment

Hello,
                                  I'm Henry from NYC. Been a long time lurker, but finally decided to register so I could post the process of some recent repairs.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm a newbie some self-taught skills retired and disabled so I have lots of time for reading and learning. My hobbies include working on Subarus ,the easy stuff. Found your forum so I can fix the other things around the house excuse me in advance for being ignorant. I appreciate all the help I can get and what I read before I get started on a project. Thank you in advance

Comment

Hl, I was amazed to come across this site (and am glad I did) because I've browsed the net at different times looking for electronic info and never was very happy with my results but now after scanning your site I believe my prayers are answered.

Comment

Hi my name is Gary from New York State USA. I have some electronic background College 40 years ago so I've been self teaching myself ever since. One of my other Hobbies is fixing and repairing Subaru cars. Thanks in advance for your patience I'm here for fun as well as fixing things around the house. So far I'm impressed with what I see and read. I will try to read and search for answers before I start bugging someone LOL. I will get busy start reading and finding my way around. Thank you for letting me join your forum.

Comment

Hi. I'm Chris and working on repairing some wifi routers. Thank you for this site!

Comment

Working...
                                          X