This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey. My name is Shorty. That's a riding handle. I'm a biker.
    I am not an electronics technician by trade, but have been exposed to
    just about every PC and electronic item since the 70's and early 80's.
    I would consider myself an advanced hobbyist/intermediate in skill and knowledge.
    Because of this, I have to suck up the knowledge.

I am from the Northeast part of the U.S. and have been around the world and back in my work & now just enjoying all the thinks I love to do.

Hopefully, I have something to offer to this forum, and I know it will definitely
    benefit me.
    Seems like a lot of good info here.

Glad to be aboard.
    Shorty57

Comment

Hello, bying my first multimeter because motherboard has chassis intrusion problem..
      Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Howdy,
        It appears there is much information here that seems to have limited access by the manufactures.
        Thank you...

Comment

hello all. I am a self confessed picker of electronics from the drop off site. I have fixed 3 LCD TVs. several items have been just fine needing no repair.

Not a electronics technician. I am a programmer. But I do like getting my hands dirty and love the satisfaction when something comes back to life!

Jurgyman

Comment

Do SuperMicro Boards use good quality caps?

Hi All

I guess this is my first post. I've been reading this forum from time to time for several years... It helped me fix 2 monitors and and an old DVD recorder. In 2 of the 3 cases I found an exact answer including part numbers for replacements.

I was hoping that someone could tell me if Supermicro motherboards are good quality? The supermicro section seemed to be very light on posts, and the ones that were there were old which I assume is a good sign.

I'm considering a Supermicro X11SBA-LN4F-O N3700 - Has anyone used this board and can give me any useful feedback either good or bad.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi guys just wanted to say hi. My name is Brad and I am new to the site. Cant wait to get to know you guys.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums.

Comment

Hello all, I joined to tap into the knowledge here, having some issues with some tv's after a nearby lightning strike. I don't have a lot of experience with electronics repair, but i consider myself fairly handy.

Comment

Hello every one !!
                      My name is Yiannis and i am electronics technician but with low experiance cause i was working in the elevetor sector for near 15 years.Sorry if my english is bad ....i try for the best

Comment

Hi, i'm ashrof. From Malaysia. I joined to get a knowledge here. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all. I am Max from Russia. Loocking for some new one expirience here. Good forum.

Comment

Hi from London, UK

Comment

Hello everyone

I'm from Vietnam. While finding what is and inductor of VRM, luck brings me here.

Comment

I'm a computer repair technician in the Atlanta area. I started in this line of work as a smartphone tech.

I've got a good bit of soldering experience, but my knowledge of electronic circuits is something I want to improve upon.

I'm hoping to ask some questions about a few projects I'm currently working on.

Comment

Hi, guys. I'm software engineering technician. And now I specialize in embedding system development. Software debugging with oscilloscope or just a led is usual thing

Comment

Hello, found this forum looking up plasma TV repair and registered because the people here seem very experienced and knowledgeable.

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Hello All! Found this forum while trouble shooting an issue with my Dell Monitor. Will be looking for some help in the future with trouble shooting different failure types.

Comment

Hi! Joining to figure out how to fix my Panasonic TV, and figure it would be good to learn a bit about electronics in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                          X