This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Perfunctory post. I saved my Panasonic with some advice from here a while back.. (thank you) now having issues with my Toshiba 55TL515U posting full story shortly.

Comment

Hi,

I provide PC, laptop and tablet advice, support and repair to family and friends.

I have successfully repaired two Samsung TVs which had the bulging capacitor issue and one of those required soldering in a means to short IC1803 which went well.

In 2013 I invested in an expensive JBC CD-2BB soldering station (imported from Italy to the UK) and have never regretted it, it's so responsive and quick to use.
      I also use RubyCon brand capacitors for all replacements on Motherboards, Graphics Cards, TVs and networking equipment.

I have read this forum over many years and I finally signed up to see some attachments which I'm sure will help me troubleshoot more LCD TV's and LCD Monitors thanks to budm.
      Thank you for existing and thriving badcaps.net!

Regards,

MATT

Comment

Hello Guys,

New member here.

I'm from London and joined to hopefully get some assistance with my Asus UL30A laptop that I wrongly connected the battery the wrong way to it, while on the bench! Yes, rather stupid.

Many thanks for a great community.

Mark

Comment

Hello All,

Stumbled upon your extremely informative site while researching a symptom with my Samsung plasma. Recently repaired several Bose car speakers by replacing some caps so...with the vast knowledge here and a bit of luck, I'm looking for a possible fix.
          I have some formal education with electronics but that was many moons ago.

Thank you all for sharing,

John

Comment

Hi all, I'm new member here.

I'm from Czech reoublic and I created account because I hope that someone can help me with troubles with my LCD TV.

Comment

Hi All,

Just joined hoping to view various images on repairing the caps on a HannsG 281D. Thanks for maintaining a great site with tons of info.

Comment

Olá pessoal

Olá pessoal sou brasileiro e técnico em eletrônica há 20 anos estou aqui pra ajudar e ser ajudado gosto muito de participar das perguntas dos amigos, atualmente estou mim dedicando no concerto de notebook e placa de desktop : D

Comment

Hi all. Like many of you, I came upon this forum looking for a solution to one problem (uncommanded shut-down of a philips LCD), and having had success with that thanks to the the posters on this forum, I decided to to take on a few bigger problems. I'll be posting them as soon as I get the green light from this forum.

By way of intro, I'm a Army Aviator by training, mech eng by education and italian by marriage. Interested in all things fixable. Looking forward to working with you all.

Comment

Hello Badcapinites,

I'm a DIY'r who takes on projects with the thought: "what am i going to do? break it more!?" I have excellent research skills and utilizes the internet and it's forums in order to fix what I truly can't bare to just throw away. I started out trying to fix my first brand new Atari 2600 with my second and third 2600 (lemme just date myself here) and haven't stopped since. It was actually this forum which allowed me to fix my samsung which had...(wait for it)...bad caps! Just wanted to thank you all for all the help you have, and hopefully, will provide in what I consider to be my eternal learning experience.

Comment

My name is Paul, I'm 31. I'm an IT Manager by day, lots of hobbies in my free time including: photography, cooking, pinball and arcade collecting and restoration, and writing/recording music. I ended up on badcaps hoping to find a good community to discuss certain technical repairs that are beyond my understanding and also hope to improve my understanding from it. The main monitor I use for post-processing photography is a 24" Dell 2405FPW. I found another one on eBay for pretty cheap that was not working and was hoping to repair it soon. A thread on this forum about repairing that model lead me to join and hopefully I'll be able to get some insight and also hopefully be able to contribute to the community. I don't know what the rules are for posting personal websites, but if anyone is interested in seeing my photography it's at paulageephotography.com. Again, look forward to being a part of this community and hopefully I'll be able to get some help and maybe offer any help that I can.

Comment

Hi, Im Albert from Mèxico. Im a computer technician since 6 years ago, Im learning every day about pc computers tech, and since 2 years ago mostly about laptop repair.

In this month I started to search info. about repair a damaged bios from a badly update wich froze.

This forum look interesting, and hope to learn and tell knowledge about repair, tech, etc..
                        Grettings

Comment

Hi All, This is Raj from Vegas. 2407 WFPb issues. Will catch you guys on an appropriate thread.
                          Cheers!

Comment

hello, i'm new and i need help in so many ways, but i will opnly ask questions about techie stuff

Comment

Hello guys,

Discovered this forum a few days ago, looking for info about some laptops.
                              My name is Gerard, not the youngest anymore, living in Holland.
                              Have been a techie as long as i can remember. Been radio-amateur since 1975.
                              Past 10 years working on and with computers. Past year repairing motherboards.

Hope to keep finding interesting stuff and posting some of my repairresults here.

Greetz to all.

Comment

Hi, I joined this forum to get some information on repairing my Phillips 50 inch plasma, or find out if it is worth the effort. I am not an electronics technician but have related experience in the appliance and air conditioning business (30 yrs) so I feel comfortable with diagnosing and can follow a schematic pretty well. I look forward to chatting with you. And I am really hoping I can get this thing up and running again. I bought it new 6 years ago and have not had a bit of trouble with it until now.

I'm 61 years young and reside in Port St Lucie FL. and just had my first grandchild. I hope you're all as friendly as the posts I have read so far. Thanks for allowing me onboard.

Comment

More information would be helpful. When the power button is pressed, what happens? Nothing, relay clicks?

The first thing to check would be the two fuses in the lower right corner of the power supply. You might get lucky and find one of them blown. No, it's not OK to replace it with a piece of wire.

Assuming the fuses are good, the next step is to examine the connectors on the left side and bottom. IIRC, these have labels indicating the voltage they supply. The one you are looking for one may be numbered 1M03 or 1M46, and have a pin labeled +5V2stby or something similar. Now put the power supply back into the TV and hook up all the cables. plug in the power cord and check the voltage on the pin you identified above. Measure from the pin to chassis ground (one of the power supply mounting screws is fine). It should read about 5.2 volts.

PlainBill Bill, I have a similar problem as the one above, no picture no sound, I do hear a clicking sound when power button is pushed. I checked 1M03 pin 5vstby and it read 11 volts...

Comment

Greetings to all,
                                    Rten here, electronics enthusiast. At the young age always wondered what's inside of the radio, tv receiver and even other electronics. Got grounded so many times from parents "getting caught playing with electronics (Safety)", used to do most of the repairs around the house and for friends. I am 35 now and few days ago my external dvd rom wasn't working, started playing with its SMPS now I am back with the old habit - it is addictive!

Comment

Hi, I just found this forum while searching for fixes for a APC RT6000. I have been working in the electronics field for over 20 years. But trying to troubleshoot these APC units without a schematic is always a challenge.

Comment

Hi, I fixed a Phillips plasma a couple years ago using advice here with no experience, and now my own 60" Samsung has issues. I like to DIY and look forward to working with the great folks here.

Chris

Comment

Hi, like many of you I came here looking for assistance with a Samsung LED TV. I found so much information I had to join and dig a little deeper. I firmly believe anything can be fixed and am stubborn enough to follow through with that. Looking forward to learning.

Comment

Working...
                                          X