This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi im david im 32 and live im scotland been djing as a hobby since 1997 and did some electrics at collage but didnt enjoy it at the time, i do fiddle about with stuff now n then like computers etc. My acer recently got a problem and i found this site so hopefully i can fix it for my music work. And i also make flyers for club storm in edinburgh and use too run dj nights on online radio stations. Hope this intros ok.
    You can only get better by playing a better opponent. Teach me.

Comment

Hi I am Praveen, having issue with my led and hope this forum will help me

Comment

Hi Guys
        I am just an electronics tinkerer from Perth in Australia.
        Just after advise from time to time, So i do hope u can help me out
        Cheers
        Jsat

Comment

Hello,
          Winston From Darwin Australia. In the process of moving and trying to fix my TV. I am a qualified electronic tech (communications) through the Army.

Comment

Hello, Kamil from Poland. I need some schematics this is why i'm here

Comment

Hi. This is unique, having to do an intro to a forum. But it is an interesting idea.

Since I am very sensitive about privacy, I won't say much -- just give some relevant info.

I have been involved with electronics since early teens -- designing, scratch building and kit building (starting with Knight Kit Walkies-Talkies, and a Heathkit Pawnee Transceiver). Also lots of repair work, and built many PCs.

I have both EE and CS degrees. My whole career has been as a software developer, but it has included a good bit of hardware work, and hardware-software integration.

I discovered this forum while searching out a solution to a TV problem (which I will post shortly). But I now see that the forum covers a lot more than just that.

I plan on exploring the other areas soon. This could be a very useful resource. And, of course, I would be glad to offer the benefits of my experience to the other members.

RZ

Comment

Hi badcappers. I'M David, from NC. I'm here because my '07 LG monitor has died, and i want to see if the experts here think it's bad caps (suh) or something not worth trying to fix.

Comment

thank you for admitting me to this forum i,am an electronic tech i have had my had in this since i was 12 that been 52 years i found this site because i was looking for info on lg6632l-0450a module.my computer skill is still in the sandbox stage but on learning curve thanks again artie

Comment

Hello everybody, nice forum, I'm from Macedonia, I run my own electronic repair service.
                    Hope I will find some answers here.
                    All the best.

Comment

Hi guys,
                      Another newbee has joined the club. Here's a little bout me, former army vet 11yrs (go Army)experience in communications installation & electronics repair that's 32G for you Army types. I'm now working as a detail engineer so this means I know a little about electronics "very little". I've had a little luck fixing electronics my last repair was replacing a cooling fan in a Panasonic DLP tv. happy to join your club hope I can add some input to your discussions.

Comment

Hi guys.
                        this is my quick hello/ summary of myself . My name is Mandoo got it from being a white guy with afro hair so my cousin used to say I was the man with the doo! I've got a background in electronics and started off with the job of designing LCD repair processes when they first come on the seen. since then I've continued to acquire my BTECH , HNC, and then HND within the same company before finally leaving them. I've since picked up all my electricians qualifications and test and inspect etc. before finally deciding I just love the electronics side off things too much both software and hardware , oh and the circumvention of encryption systems on media streams and consoles and so and so forth. not that id ever actually do anything about it with reference to that stuff, trading standards kindly asked me not to on that one and stuck my name at the top of there list online if I Google my real name the reminder is always there just in case I get bored and fancy a challenge I guess. anyway I mostly stick with electronic repair these days , of anything that has electricity running through it! lo. but id love to build some of Tesla's hidden over unity and wireless bioelecromagnetism systems that are supposed not to be possible. (warden cliff type etc.) type stuff if it weren't though fear of getting um lets just call it told off shall we. anyway looking forward to being part of the community.
                        cheers.

Comment

Samsung LN46A650A1F: a friend of mine who was moving decided to give me his broken Samsung TV. he told me that the TV just keeps turning ON/OFF (cycling) I found out about the capacitor issues that this model was having and replaced them No more cycling off/on however the TV now has vertical lines or a vertical block of lines about 5" wide on the screen. let me explain, from the T-CON card there are 4 ribbon cables to the screen I belive the ribbons brake down to 4 sections of the screen it looks like sections 1 & 3 have these blocks of lines. I have pushed, wiggled, and re-seated all the cables looking for a change to help ID a problem, but the lines don't change. T-con is pretty cheap if that's the problem but I'm not sure is there a way for me to rule out T-con as the problem or main board.

Comment

Hello, my name is Reece I am 16 years old and I am a electronics/computer enthusiast I have repaired many electronics from Xbox 360's to stereo clocks, please tolerate me I am young and still nooby in places but hopefully I can learn from this site.
                            I have currently repaired;
                            8 Xbox 360's with various problems.
                            4 Tv's with various problems.
                            15 Computers with various problems.
                            1 Stereo clock with bad capacitors.
                            2 HIFI/Amp systems with multiple problems.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              I am glad to be a new member at this site.
                              I have experienced working at electronics fields for several years and living
                              in USA.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I´m Javier, from Barcelona.

I´m an IT engineer, with some background in electronics. Have a degree in Electrical Engineering (power systems) though.

Very glad to be part of this great community.

Comment

Hi - I have just ventured into the world of capacitors! As a female, my friends think I am out of my mind trying to repair my own TV - but I am really enjoying this!!!! I have a mystery problem with my Samsung LNT4069 LCD TV. When I turn it on, there is sound and backlight but no picture - after about 2-3 minutes, or after what I consider a warming up period. If I turn the TV off and then back on, then I get the picture.

I got a repair kit and replaced all the usual capacitors (not the big bad boy though - the one in the middle of the circuit board). But that did not fix the problem. I don't know what to try next - any and all ideas welcome.

Comment

Hello, just discovered the site. Trying to repair an older dell monitor and looking for some advice / help. Thanks!

Comment

Fernand from Winnipeg MB Canada. Trying to save a friend's LG 50 PG10 from a trip to the dump.Found this site by googling. Looks like YSUS board from what I read here ( audio no video). Great site!

Comment

greetings.
                                        I do computer repair and have recently found the need to repair monitors with BADCAPS.
                                        I know there's some sharp folks here and I'm looking forward to learning from you.

Comment

Just a huge hello from New Zealand. I've been in electronics as a tech maintaining mostly broadcasting gear for TV Stations or manufacturers all my career that's taken me the world over. Most of the faults I see are down to electrolytic capacitor failure in all kinds of equipment, from cameras to studio systems, all mainly due to dust choked fans that have ceased providing their cooling airflow so the cap boils dry. Sometimes there can be a spectacular result, I've seen fires start in $100,000 equipment or due to power outage the switch mode power supply just hicks in startup fail mode.

My career extends to hobbies too and HiFi amplifiers and the search for good quality capacitors and to cars as in injection computers (ECU) and the failures there all from bad caps.

I hope some of my experiences and knowledge will be of use here....

Comment

Working...
                                          X