This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I too have been at this since the old c64 days. anyone for a nice game of zork or dungeo?

Comment

Howdy All! I'm a hobbyist too cheap to take my electronics to a repair shop. Seams like there's a lot of great info here, so I thought I'd join forum. Right now trying to fix a screwy samsung plasma.

Comment

Hi, my name is Bob. Age 67 and retired. My interests are antique radio and vintage test equipment. Have enjoyed reading posts and stumbled across this blog looking for info on a power supply. I'm studying hard to learn vacuum tube technology. I've collected 40 radios, many of them battery sets. In setting up my workbench I fell in love with old test equipment. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Comment

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast :lo

Not a problem.

I have two computers with bad capacitors. One is an HP, the other one a Compaq. Both of them have Asus boards.

The most important one right now is the Compaq. It has an Asus Echo P4G533 board. It is most important because my wife is needing to use it, and I need to fix it, which means I need to figure out what capacitors to use in it.

I live in Newton, Kansas, work as a Tech Writer and do some computer consulting on the side.

Best to all.

wnlewis

Comment

new member here...like so many others trying to learn and fix things myself. I derive great pleasure from doing so

Comment

Hello everybody, New to the neighborhood.

Comment

Hello everyone: Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

Comment

Hi just introducing myself trying to learn how to fix my TV looks like a good place to start

Comment

Hello. My name is Martin. Nice to meet You all.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everyone, I look forward to utilizing this forum and it's members as I journey into the the cases of my electronics. Since I have self taught my self (Google) software it was only a matter of time before stumbling head first into hardware! I hope this is as much fun for you as it will be for me.

Since this is not my first forum membership you can expect good conduct

With Regards,

MSH

Comment

Hello. Nice to meet You all.

Comment

Hi.
                            I already follow this forum for a few years. I am passionate about technology and electronics.
                            Regards to all.

Comment

Hello from the mile high city of Denver, Colorado.

Comment

Hello all, sunny England UK greets you all )

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Danman282 and just recently picked up a broken Vizio. Anyway thats the source of my recent interest in the forum. which is awesome by the way. I can't wait to gain full use of the site. I've always been a do-it-yourselfer and like to learn new stuff. This new project is definately given me a lot to learn and it's great to find a well organized site that feed my need for info.

Electronics has always been a bit of a weak point for me, I'm more mechanically inclined, but this site should help nip that in the bud.

Comment

Hey,
                                    I'm happy to have found this forum. I looked at it several times, but was kind of confused by the forum name. Viewed some of the threads and this is just what I was looking for.
                                    My background started in the mid sixties in Navy electronics and then a number of years in field service and troubleshooting main frame systems. Later in the development of prototype time sharing systems that were the foundation of the internet.
                                    I'm sure there is much to learn from the forum and I hope I might contribute to this great source of information.

Comment

Hi everyone! I have been doing component level repairs as a hobby for years now and started with TVs a few years ago. I decided it was time to jump in the ring with all of the experts here since some of my repairs are getting more and more complicated, challenging, exciting, and just plain fun! My most recent project is a Samsung PN50a510 that I picked up for $50. I'm quite excited to see how much I can learn here!
                                      You Can't Succeed Until You're Willing to Fail

Comment

Hey guys, been using this forum a few times for some information so I thought I would take the time to sign up.

Currently got a Tv thats got some issues. Hope with the power of the forum I can fix them.

Cheers
                                        Beavis

Comment

Just saying hi, thanks for having me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X