This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just wanted to say hello, this forum seems like a great resource, my first search will be for blink code information for a Panasonic TC P50G10 I am working on.

Comment

Hello, I've been an Electronics Technician for 30 years but am not in the consumer electronics repair business. I usually end up with everyone's throw aways and have a ton of CRT's to back it up. I find that the newer sets are easier to lift but have 'different' problems than the old ones. What is going on with these bad capacitors?? I've been working on an ILO throw away and have replaced more than 50 so far and still have not ironed out all the problems. I look forward to reading, learning and hopefully helping someone down the road.

Comment

Hello hope to learn a lot here

Comment

test..... heloo all

Comment

Hello to your community and i wish a very happy new year to all of you. I am andy (andrew), and i am from Athens, Greece. Keep up the good work that you do ...

@ndy

Comment

Hallo to all, i am new on this forum, and mz name is Nenad. I am living in Belgrade, Serbia and electronic and hardware repairs are my hoby. I wish a happy new year to all.

Comment

Hello to you all, i am from the uk, trying to repair my fathers tv, looking for help and information

Comment

Thanks for the information that I got from related posts regarding my TV problem. This is a great site. I am glad that I joined.

Comment

Hi, Andrew here

Ive had a float around here before on my quest of learning and having a go at repairing so thats how i know this place.

I have no degrees , no certificates or qualifications of any kind. I have myself, a brain that works part time and a have a go attitude.

Ive been electrocuted so many times in my younger years starting at around age 3, and have had the electrical buzz ever since. Apparently i was told by my parents the worst one was when i was 3 years old and i got thrown across an amusement arcade. Must have been addictive as i have had many electrical handshakes until i was around 17 and decided not to just "poke" things with a knife.

Im here for a read and occasionally asking questions, I tend to call things either by what i heard my uncle calling them as a kid, or i have random words for them that may confuse people but i'll try to be as clear as i can be.

Ive done basic repairs on 3 tv's, one being the caps on a sanyo ( found out about that one on here ) a bush with bad diodes and a inverter on a sony, all now happily working once again.

Im here now as a member as i have another tv to have a go on, a toshiba, i also have a samsung that i think i might dabble in.

All the broken tv's i have are donated to me to try and learn something about, my uncle was a tv guy from the 70's to early 2000 and as an 80's kid, i was always amazed by the big box tv's and wires and how a lopti got its voltage alot higher than what came out of a plug socket. So here i am now, Moving away from computers and swapping and changing parts, to actually looking at boards and components, a bit more in depth.

Well im 29 nearly 30 , In Rotherham, Wishing i had some drinks in and hope im welcome

Hello!

Comment

Hi I am new to this forum.
                      Name Michael so hi to all.Now how do I post on here lol

Comment

Hello Michael here need some help with a tv so hope you lot can help me out thanks

Comment

Hello, Brett from Mississippi in the USA. New to this site but not to repairing electronics. Just received a vizio p50hdtv10a circa 2007 as a gift from work. (Thanks alot for the non-working junk) lol. Power supply caps are toast. Looking to learn.......Brett.

Comment

Namaste, JD from Canada, great site. I am a new memeber looking to repair caps on a lg 2493 hm monitor basically a novice

Comment

A newbie to this thread. An oldie in the world. Mainly do application and training on medical equipment. Looking for help with all of the "cap" problems. Hopefully I will gleam some knowledge form the combined group.

Comment

Newbie.

Elec Tech since the 60's. Tube Theory (Cathode Grid Plate), Transistors, ICs, PLDs, PGAs.

Got a dead LG Plasma 50" 50PA5500. Google showed a few threads here.

Comment

Newbie to thread. Looks great so far

Comment

Hello, everyone.
                                    I'm a student, and I had some experience repairing computers, hardware and software. I'm a electronic amateur but I'm not a expert, I build and repair some staff, but I could need a lot of help some times.

Comment

Hello everyone
                                      I'm a student, and I have worked repairing computers ( software and hardware). I' a electronic amateur, and I worked building and repairing some staff, I could need a lot of help some times, the forum is great.

Comment

Joined as a result of my THIRD Viewsonic monitor repair!

Comment

Hi guys,
                                          new to this forum, have a little knowledge with electronics and a computer repair background, love this forum, have already learnt alot.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X