X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,

I have been doing my own repairs on a LCD tvs, and when I mean repairs usually it is just replacing Caps. So maybe not even repairing at all. lol. But I finally found one that stumped me so I am turning to all of your members' collective knowledge to see if you can help me on my first ever brain stumper to me. Also I plan to keep my membership here and share what I know to people that may need my help as well.

My Link to the current dilemma: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25667

Oh now the basic stuff:

Name: Donald
    Hobbies: Computers, electronics, and Disney World Visits!

Comment

Hello people,

As newcomer to your forum i would like to introduce myself. I am Jim, 29 years of age and i come from Greece.

I have Masters degree on Electronics engineering & Telecommunications. I have experience with Lvl3-lvl4 repairs on Sony Ericsson / Samsung mobile phones (incl IC replacement/resoldering/reballing) .
      The past 4 years i have been running a laptop motherboard repair business, and have managed to get familiar with Asus/HP and Samsung laptops.

On my thoughts on the future, i will try to get into Data recovery part of electronics, in the means of HDD Forensics and flash disk repairs.

I am glad to meet you all

Comment

Hello everyone,

I found this forum at another site, searching for a T-Con board for my SONY KDL-40S4100
        Television.What I have seen, I was very happy to see many good responses to different issues. So, I am glad to join this forum, and hope I can also contribute.

regards,

Jani

Comment

Hello all I have been a tech for 25+ years working on all types of equipment to get some good info and I will help others.

thank you

Comment

Hi all!

name Bero, 36 years.
            I have a service for TV, but I still need your help,
            Thanks

Comment

Hi guys.

I'm pretty new to the technical/repair side of computing. For the last couple of years I've been a volunteer with a small charity that cleans & repairs donated IT equipment and sends it to schools, colleges, medical centres, community projects etc. in Africa.

Most of the stuff that we get would otherwise be scrapped and needs a fair bit of careful work to be ressurected. I've found a lot of really great tips on this forum that have not only helped to fix troublesome machines but also save the charity a lot of time and cost.

Thanks for putting together such a great forum!

Cheers, Scruffywelder.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                my name is Mike and I am new student in electronics,also maybe even a new career, we'll see. I had 2 other careers in the automotive and sheetmetal industry but a fall ended them for me and I am now trying something new. I have never been one to tinker or try and figure out how things work, so this presents a challenge for me,in the book I can kinda see how things work but when I look at the board I get lost, dont know where to start....Any way just looking for inside help

Comment

my name is Mike and I am new student in electronics,also maybe even a new career, we'll see. I had 2 other careers in the automotive and sheetmetal industry but a fall ended them for me and I am now trying something new. I have never been one to tinker or try and figure out how things work, so this presents a challenge for me,in the book I can kinda see how things work but when I look at the board I get lost, dont know where to start....Any way just looking for inside help

Comment

Hello all. 38 y/o from Albuquerque, NM here. I've been fixing stuff for as long as I can remember. Recent projects include refurbishing power supplies from digital mixers and more recently BGA rework on Xbox 360s and PS3s. I look forward to learning more.

Thanks,
                    Rafael

Comment

G'day

Really just joining for all the smps stuff. I've done heaps of electronics-related stuff. I've replaced my fair share of dead capacitors in discarded monitors and TVs, and modded heaps of atx powersupplys (at least tried to), but I wanted to take it further so I thought I might as well join this forum.

Interests: Electrics/electronics and computers, and verge collecting of course

~Josh

Comment

Hello my name is Nuno and I am from Portugal i am computer tecnician and i repair notebooks.

Comment

I came across the forum looking for tips to repair my HannsG 281D and it looks like I found what I needed. I would rather repair and use/pass onto someone else equipment instead of trashing it. It looks like there are a lot of knowlegeable people here that can help me with that. I might even be able to pitch in at times but it looks like most of the people here are well above my level so my help might not be all that helpful.

Comment

Thanks for this great forum!

Comment

Hey All,

I am new to this forum. My name is Sam and I am a computer science graduate. Worked in aerospace as a software engineer for 5 years.

My purpose for joining this site is a result of taking it upon myself to try and "fix" household electronic items before giving up and junking them. Unfortunately hiring a repairman is as costly as buying a new appliance, so I try (with my limited knowledge of electronics) to fix as though I have nothing to lose.

I stumbled on this site after searching for answers (and perhaps suggestions) as to why my panasonic plasma tv th-50px60u began switching off on it's own after about an hour's usage, and then eventually no longer power on. No warning blinks whatsoever. So here i am in hopes to isolate the problem, see what other fellow troopers have encountered, and perhaps learn a thing or two on my part.

Thanks for reading.
                              Sam

Comment

Hi to all techies out there.
                                I was an electronics designer for some ten years, but that was nearly 20 years ago when we designed and made our own Microprocessor Control systems at chip level with the ubiquitous Motorola 6800 cpu.
                                Long retired I have lost touch with up to date electronics, but still enjoy repairing friend's PC and electronic gear as a hobby. I can still handle some component replacement repairs!
                                I am sure you people will help to keep me up to date.
                                Cheers
                                Mike, from South Australia

Comment

Hi to all
                                  Well being looking all over the net for forum to help and didnt demand I have to know what I'm talking about
                                  Thank you to Badcaps for having me
                                  Anto in Dublin
                                  Eire

Comment

I am a retired natural resource manager and have lived in a lot of out of the way places. Basically fix your own stuff or it doesn't get fixed. So small engines, amature machineist, a little welding, and not a bad mechanic when cars used carbruetors and distributors. Began piddling with electornics when my old 70s era Sansui amp blew a power board and found it interesting. Now fixing computers and flat screens is one of my passtimes when my wife and I aren't traveling, playing golf, or otherwise engaged. Have no formal training, and just probe in the dark with the help of forums like "BadCaps".

I find computers, and flat screens at little or no cost and see if I can fix them. Don't invest much, and if they work I give them to family, friends, or the Salvation Army - strictly non-profit. If the cost looks too high I strip the parts for future use. I tend to be a <$20 guy. But who knows, perhaps someday I'll find a relatively new 50+" and get serious. Meanwhile this is a great forum!

Comment

hi,
                                      I'm a new member I wish to learn a new things here.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here & to forums!! I will need help with a if281d monitor. I have been reading the posts. This monitor has different characteristics, than most, before it goes black.

Comment

I've been monitoring the boards for a long time and I've diagnosed a few bad boards with help from here. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X