This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Am watty of wattop.com from ghana and a technical service r of laptops. Am glad to be part of this great world wide community. Thanks to you all.

Comment

Folks, i have a problem and need your usual support to solve it.
      The problem is am working on a laptop, medeon md97000. When you try to power it without memory it will be on for long enough indicating no memory,but when you slot in a memory it will just flash and go off in about 5 seconds

Comment

Am watty of wattop.com from ghana and a technical service r of laptops. Am glad to be part of this great world wide community. Thanks to you all.

Comment

Hello I'm from Portugal, I've been on repairing since 1980, (long live for the tubes) and i'm trying to keep me actual at board level repairing.
          As you could see it's a long time repairing all domestic and industrial stuff.
          Worked many years for Sony as a SAT, and from 2000 till now as a network administrator at IPB.pt.
          I've a master graduation in Multimedia technology from FE.UP.PT and I hope I can help this forum as certainly this forum could help me.
          Bets for all, Best regards.

Comment

Hi! I'm new here. Its a nice community hope to explore and stay here.

Comment

Hi. I'm Claude, new here. Not really big on posting in forums, but doing as my email as told me to. I own a computer service and repair company in Baton Rouge, LA and have become known for doing tv repairs after only doing a few. So, I've come to this forum to expand my knowledge on the tv side of things. Thanks for all of your previously posted works and for any future help I may need! I have about 6 tvs waiting to be repaired now.

Comment

Re: Hello... I have a dell latitude with the dread 1F5A bios password...

I had to disconnect the CMOS battery and now the bios has the date as 2009 and computer will not load full windows, only windows repair utility.
                Running Windows 7 I can search the hard drive with command prompt.

I cannot change the date because BIOS is locked... Service tag ends is 1F5A
                Searching the site seems to show that I have to do some serious business to fix it and the only one who can do it for me is on the Ivory Coast.
                5MPVHL1 1F5A any takers? I need a bios password.

The date may not be the cause of the problem, but unlocking the BIOS will allow me to update it and maybe solve it there.

Many thanks...

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm originally from the UK, now living in Sydney Australia. I've been in one form or another of electronics since 1968. Retired now but still have a passion for the industry and learning something new when I can.
                  I get a buzz out of fixing things and detest the waste of sending otherwise perfectly good equipment to landfill because of a simple component failure.

Cheers...

Comment

Hi. Names Dennis. I'm new to forums with this being the first one I've joined. Pretty much started out fixing Xboxs and Playstations for buddies, but now have people dropping of tvs and what not at my work. So I'm hoping to just increase my knowledge base.

Comment

Hello, Was trying to look up some info on a monitor and came across the site. Lots of very helpful info here.

Oh yeah, from Minnesota USA here

Comment

I messed up, I tried to do a diode removal on a MB without a magnifying glass, and I created a problem. I'm unsure of the proper connection sequence between a few components on the power board of the VX2835WM ViewSonic computer monitor.

I could scan the board into my computer, and circle the area (its obvious though). I need to know what the ohms readings are on other boards, or schematic connection points.

I know about the capacitor issue with these monitors, but I was also checking diodes, and this diode gave a bad reading. I tried to remove it, and that is when I created a solder blob that took in three component solder points. I didn't know the proper connection before I began working in this little area.

The three components are located on the green (few component) side of the power board, and they are:

1) the U501 chip with 6 legs
                        2) the zener diode closest to the U501 component (the number D501 is at left of the diode )
                        3) the micro resistor parallel to the zener diode ( R512 )

I am unsure of the connection between the zener diode and the resistor. Are they connected at the same end?
                        If I take an ohm reading between these two points, will I ( should I? ) get a 'beep' ... ?

Once I am confident I've got it right, I can proceed to do the standard caps replacement procedure.

I was unable to find a schematic that gave the connection(s) sequence in order to reconstruct, or check this little area of the circuit board.

Thanks!
                        Tim
                        Last edited by mythhealer; 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM. Reason: Not enough information given on my post.

Comment

Hello all,

I am new to this aspect of T.V./Monitor repair, and during a search for capacitor kits, I found you guys. Just browsing seems to have yielded quite a bit of information. I am looking forward to helping where I can, and learning as much as possible!

Thanks,
                          -=Alejandro
                          -=Alejandro

Comment

I'm an old retired guy used to be a programmer for the govt mainly and nowadays tinker around a bit, try to fix things. Fixing Monitors and Motherboards requires skills and knowledge I don't possess... so.... I come to these forums..

If I can give I will but I think I'll be mainly just learning from you all...

Comment

Hello all!

I've been building PCs since I was in high school, and figured it was time to start trying to fix some LCD monitors and TVs that have been laying around so I ended up here. So far, I've found a ton of useful information!

Thanks Everyone!
                              -Michael

Comment

Hi All new here, just a home do it your self'er learn what u can and teach as you go.

Comment

My name is Lee and I'm 72 years young. I have been fooling with electrical/electronics since high school and am still dumb as a rock. I am completely retired from a paying job and do some repairs and upgrades for friends and family. I retired from the U.S. Navy in 1980 after 22 years and then went into the private sector for awhile. I've had a lot of different jobs, but the ultimate boss is the one I'm still married too.

Lot's of bad caps out there and I've replaced some. I'm glad I found this forum as it looks like a great place to find and share information.

Comment

My name is Chuck and I am 78 years young. I've had only one job in consumer electronics , and also the ultimate boss is the one I'm still married too. I agree lots of bad caps out there and I too have replaced some. I am glad I found this forum and looking forward to find and share information!

Comment

hi
                                      i repair computers, notebook in my free time and now it more my work, sorry for my bad english (:

Comment

I am Gudgeon. In electronics service industry for over 30 years. Retired Navy Chief. Enough for now.......By the way - Roll Tide

Comment

First post on this great forum.
                                          Hope to learn more over the years....

Comment

Working...
                                          X