Sony Bravia KDL-65W850C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia KDL-65W850C

Hi everyone, I was given a Sony 65' from a friend knowing that it has issues. I have done searches and read lots of info saying that it could be either the power board or the display board (not sure if that is the correct term for it). I have limited knowledge of electronics but I can work a multimeter. Can anyone offer some assistance to try and get this working again. I will post some pictures soon. Thanks

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-65W850C

Two bad things:
    1) starting tv repairs with a big, heavy, expensive TV..
    2) Starting a thread without describing the problem..

Comment

so whats it doing totally dead, no flash at startup, no indicator light on the front or anything, when you try to power it up? can try with remote but also try with power button on tv if available.

Comment

Sorry, I should have at least described the problem. When the tv has been left off for a while, it turns on fine with the remote and via the switch. It boots up with the Android logo and then goes to the main menu. For a short period 3 maybe 4 mins you can navigate the menus perfectly and there does not appear to be any screen issues. Then it turns off and reboots and will continuosly reboot. almost as if there is a dry joint and it's getting warm and something is disconnecting.

Comment

I was able to preform a full factory reset on the tv

Comment

and then? I cannot exclude software problems.. have you entered recovery mode?
            Last edited by Davi.p; 10-25-2022, 05:38 AM.

Comment

did the reset fix it? you may be on the right path, go ahead and look all the solder joints over very closely, resolder any that seem suspect, careful not to bridge any joints, examples of bad joints there: https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+...ih=607&dpr=1.5
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-25-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

The factory reset did work, but didn't fix the issue. I will post some photos of the boards

Comment

you have BGA issue at the main Soc on MB. search this forum we do have same but more worse... backing MB or reball the Soc.

Comment

could be but at this point, I cant even rule out weak/bad cap/s, not enough testing done yet.

Comment

after self rebooting how much lasts until a new reboot? If it completes the boot and reboots at the same point it's bad software probably..

Comment

This is an EMMC problem, sometimes a factory reset will help for a very short while but it's best to change the EMMC.

Comment

well which is it, "bga issue" or "emmc problem" ?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            well which is it, "bga issue" or "emmc problem" ?
                            All Roads Lead to Rome .....MB

Comment

^^^^then it looks like we're going to Rome, well it's better than hell I guess...

Comment

Working...
                              X