generic diffuser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generic diffuser?

i have a 65" samsung UN65TU700DFXZA. my kid sprayed cooking oil from a spray/mist bottle onto the screen (2yr old thinking she was cleaning). oil ran down and seeped under the bezel on the bottom of the screen. It appears to have soaked/wicked into the diffuser i have a light colored splotch along the bottom of the screen that grew upwards over a day or two.

i have not disassembled yet but judging by the way it wicked up it looks like its been absorbed into the diffuser so i don't have a lot of hope of cleaning it.

i checked Samsung parts site but they don't list the diffuser, i have found a number of places that seem to sell generic diffuser screen. could i purchase a generic sheet of diffuser and cut to fit? any reason why this would need to be original part?

Re: generic diffuser?

There is usually more than one sheet behind the LCD, one for diffusing the light then two polarizing filters.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      There is usually more than one sheet behind the LCD, one for diffusing the light then two polarizing filters.
      i assumed the polarizing filters were plastic and could probably be cleaned. any idea what the diffuser is typically made from? perhaps the oil is just wicking up between the sheets and not soaking into them and thus i could clean it out.

Comment

Usually have the scan drive boards at the bottom, don't want them getting soaked with oil. I would carefully lay it flat to try to keep the oil from dripping down on them, really no choice but to strip it down and try to carefully clean it up, then maybe let it dry for a while before reassembly, it's a big screen and very easy to break, if it breaks thats ballgame. Maybe check youtube for backlight replacment to see how to dismantle if needed.

Comment

this one is probably very similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxO1QWuM7sU

Comment

Working...
          X