No announcement yet.

LG uk6500 LEDs Turn on but no image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG uk6500 LEDs Turn on but no image.

Still need pictures of the long boards attached to panel.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      ok, so is the processor still getting as hot with new mainboard?
      Seems to be at about the same temperature.Maybe thats normal for these boards as they don't have much of a heatsink .It also doesn't get hot right away but takes 15 or 20 minutes.Also it has the same temp.with the lvds cables plugged in or left unplugged .

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        Still need pictures of the long boards attached to panel.
        Panel boards.
        Attached Files

Comment

not seeing any test points on any boards.

Comment

maybe test the little ceramic capacitors on those boards for shorts or very low ohms.

Comment

maybe test the little ceramic capacitors on those boards for shorts or very low ohms.
              C102 and C106 as marked by the red arrows both read shorted in diode mode both directions.I also included some better closeups of what look to be test points on these boards.
              Attached Files

Comment

maybe check those two caps in ohm mode or see if one is hotter than the other, or just remove one and retest it and the one still on the board, it's likely that only one is shorted, when removed retest the pads where they connect also, to make sure the short is gone.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-21-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Vcom ~ 5-7v, AVDD ~ 15v HVDD~ 7v. lockout is interesting.

Comment

maybe check those two caps in ohm mode or see if one is hotter than the other, or just remove one and retest it and the one still on the board, it's likely that only one is shorted, when removed retest the pads where they connect also, to make sure the short is gone.
                    I removed C106 and measured the pads and both pads shorted both ways same as with capacitor so I assume cap is fine.(after desoldering it it fell to floor and yet to be located).C102 I havent removed yet and will soon .

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                      Vcom ~ 5-7v, AVDD ~ 15v HVDD~ 7v. lockout is interesting.
                      Tv powered on
                      VCOM 0.0 V
                      AVDD 0.0 V
                      HAVDD 0.0 V
                      DVDD1VBS 1.7 V
                      VTERM 1.2 V,1.0 V, 1.0 V, .9 V .(L1,L2,R1,R2 boards resp.)
                      LOCKOUT Voltages all 1.7 V

Comment

another cap that same size from a scrap board should be ok, can find some in old laptops, just have to be sure it's labeled on the board C for cap and not L for inductor, they look the same but are not.

Comment

So your missing some voltages. Need to find where they are derived from. What ic.

Comment

both TV no one wrote if he disconnect the U ribbon cable at time on each side of the panel buffer boards to have 3/4 screen ????? IC3000 on MB shutting down the panel when it come SOS signal ( pulling high Panel VCC 3.3V or cuting off it ) could be also if the glass of panel at some where at corner or VCC+ /- the GOLD layer under the screen brocken.
                            Last edited by Diah; 04-22-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

need to track down the short, not always easy tho.

Comment

maybe isolate, unplug ribbon cables from tcon to panel driver boards, check and see if you still have those shorts on the panel driver board/s.

Comment

maybe isolate, unplug ribbon cables from tcon to panel driver boards, check and see if you still have those shorts on the panel driver board/s.
                                  I have found that there is a half dozen caps reading short on the L1 and L2 panel boards.When I disconnect L2 from L1 all 3 L2 shorts on 3 caps disappear.Panel boards on right side R1,R2 don't show any caps shorting.L1 panel board shows 3 shorted caps so the problem appears to be in that area..
                                  There is an 8 pin ic on L1 and also R1 that I believe are identical .Pin 6,8 are shorted on L1 panelboard however on R1 panel board pin 6,8 are not shorted.
                                  Trying to find info on that 8 pin ic but no luck yet.It is marked ic101 on both L1 and R1.I will remove this ic to see if it is causing the shorts as well as the capacitors that read shorted until I find which one is causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tv Terminator View Post
                                    Did you install your Main board?
                                    Problem solved .Now have picture.Shorted ceramic cap on panel board L1 C102.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Tv working now .C102 was shorted. I removed it and now have picture back.Many thanks for your assistance and guidance in cracking this one.Thanks to everyone else who also contributed to solving this problem.Every piece of advice certainly helps.

Comment

Good work. Would be interesting to see what the function of ic101 is.

Comment

Glad to hear it, another fine save.

Comment

Working...
                                          X