Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG uk6500 LEDs Turn on but no image.

Hello and thank you in advanced.

This TV turns on and LEDs Turn on even thought there's no image on the screen. I connect my firestick and I can hear sound. Is there any possible tips to figure this one out? I don't see any information about this TV on here. I pulled out a each strip of the TV panel one at a time and tried to see if maybe one of those were the issue but no luck.

Re: LG uk6500 LEDs Turn on but no image.

Looks like you put the cart before the horse, should have tested before tearing down.

Comment

if this model has stand alone tcon, test the tcon fuse, meter on dcv, black neg. probe on chassis ground red pos. probe on each side of fuse, should be about 12 volts each side, some tcon testing there many more videos too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW6nNk1TYA

Comment

Sorry I didn't tear it all down yet I only took off the back cover. I meant the left and right panel boards were the ones I removed one by one to see if the right of left side was causing the fault. It does not have a stand alone tcon it has it included in the main board but I will do some testing like you mentioned.

Comment

This is how it looks
          Attached Files

Comment

ok, so it only has one board in it then?

Comment

Not sure but would think disconnecting one ribbon cable at a time to see if you get half an image should work the same as separate t-con.
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I just got a hold of an LG 65UK6300 with the exact same problem.Backlights come on but no picture.

Comment

If discconect one ribbon cable at time and see that one half of the screen is working properly but the other isn't then you can try putting tape, literally a piece of clear tape on the ribbon cables leading to the right and left side panel one side at a time. Basically trying to see if there is a shortill post the video that I saw. This didn't help my case but maybe helps yours.

Comment

https://youtu.be/tCknTVbZ3I8

Comment

if tape methd doesnt work you need to trace down some resistor on top board in which panel that side didnt display correctly.. try to hang first the vgh, vgl.

Comment

I disconnected each ribbon cable ,one at a time and still no picture.The processor on the main board seems to get quite hot so I ordered another main board to do a swap.I'll report the results when it arrives.

Comment

I'm wondering if both your tv and mine have the same issue as it normally happens with similar models having similar problems. Like the smart hisence, sharp, Toshiba models having an LED life average of 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Helikvar View Post
                            I disconnected each ribbon cable ,one at a time and still no picture.The processor on the main board seems to get quite hot so I ordered another main board to do a swap.I'll report the results when it arrives.
                            Did you install your Main board?

Comment

Originally posted by Tv Terminator View Post
                              Did you install your Main board?
                              Main Board just arrived today and I installed it and got the same results as with the original board.Pulling the flat cables one at a time did not give me any picture at all.I did read some voltages in the tcon section of the main board (5v,12v ) on both boards .There is a 50v cap adjacent to the flat cable labeled No.1 .I dont read any voltage there which seems odd.

Comment

How do you know the t-con is on main board? I see nothing that looks like t-con. But a lot of board is shielded. How about some pictures of panel boards.
                                I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

we can only see the pictures you post, need a picture of the whole back of tv to see everything.

Comment

LG Model 65UK6300.Pics of the back of the tv plus front and backside of power board and main board.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

ok, so is the processor still getting as hot with new mainboard?

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                                        How do you know the t-con is on main board? I see nothing that looks like t-con. But a lot of board is shielded. How about some pictures of panel boards.
                                        +1, also thinking the panel driver boards need checked.

Comment

Working...
                                        X