Next steps? PN60F5300AFXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next steps? PN60F5300AFXZA

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum so please let me know if I'm not following protocol. I have a Samsung model PN60F5300AFXZA. Issue is the TV won't turn on most times. No picture or sound. Standby just flashes and then goes off until I power the set off. Also when it does turn on, sometimes the screen will go off after 30 mins or so. Set will still have sound when that happens. Here is what I checked.

Vs=208v
    Va=57v
    Stand by= 5.8v

With the X and Y connected I see that voltage only right when the set is turned on. Then slowly drops. Try disconnecting one board at a time with the same results. If I disconnect X and Y the voltage will hold spec. I know its either the X or Y board but would like to narrow it down. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steath; 02-04-2022, 02:59 PM.

Re: Next steps? PN60F5300AFXZA

Anyone?

Comment

Well, thanks anyway.

Comment

Have you read through the other threads on this model? It may give some idea of what to check.
        I would start by checking for poor solder connections on the Y-sus and Z-sus boards, Check all heavy leads ie transformer pins, coils and transistors, diodes mounted to the heat sinks.

I believe there is a 10µf/50v capacitor C5162 on the Y-sus that may need changing. However I don't see it in the pictures of your board, seems odd that it is missing.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...465-ND/2815395
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 02-07-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Yes I read them. I pulled the C5162 to test it. Tested 8.4uF. Guess I'm gonna pull the othe 2 off the y sus to test. Then just replace them and see what happens. I will report back.

Comment

Fixed! So what I found was the C5162 tested good in capacitance but when resistance was tested it failed.Resistance didn't slowly go to infinite. Instead worked the other way. Soldered in the 3 new 106's on the Y sus. Works perfect again. Thank you to all the posters in this forum. Replies and forum searches got it done!

Comment

Working...
            X