Lg ebr71736801

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg ebr71736801

This is the upper video buffer board interconnected to the Y board and plasma ribbon connector. My question is on my board IC 110 blew up and I'm not finding anyone who has a complete board in stock. I have googled all the chips numbers and don't see any datasheets or information on this chip.
    I'll attach a closeup of the chip below.
    Attached Files

Re: Lg ebr71736801

Could this be what you're looking for?

https://www.tvpartstoday.com/EBR7173...br71736801.htm

I found it by googling the thread title with quotes around the serial number, since quotes specify that the search results MUST have that phrase in them.

Comment

Yes , I found that site as well they don't have any boards in stock and I am assuming that my hot air rework station can lift this chip and I can put a new one down using a flux pen and a good solder cup.
      Attached Files

Comment

The IC may well have the underide soldered to the circuit board which makes removal a little more tricky, not impossible.
        What was the chip number?
        Last edited by dick_barton; 02-09-2021, 09:45 AM.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I'm going to first remove all the rubber cement coating the pins and then use capton tape on the surface mount components to prevent them from moving when I blast the chip off with hot air. I have successfully lifted stamp chips before on telecom equipment and Cisco routers. The secret is to vacuum the pads off with my de-soldering station and then lots of flux when putting the new chip down. Although the board shows it's lead free I find 60/40 solder is best suited for rework. I have a nice OKI razor knife soldering iron that will allow me to contact each pin without shorting the next pin out with solder. I could also use a solder cup on my Pace station. I will then see if the IC part number is on the silkscreen under the chip. Will send a screen shot of the removed chip when done. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

From reading the various threads on this site it appears to be a good idea to preheat the underside of the IC to between 100 - 120 deg C prior to heating the iC itself
            1. to stop the board from warping
            2. to help remove the IC more easily if its base is soldered to the board.

The IC looks like RA20296FT and are available on Ebay
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dick_barton; 02-10-2021, 08:09 AM.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes I found it by placing the chip flat on my flatbed scanner and setting the scan to 2400 DPI resolution. It is indeed a R2A20296FT and it ranges in price from $1.50 to $3.84 plus shipping. I have a very good Hako FR-801 with the correct adapter for removing this chip. It has an automatic vacuum suction cup that will remove the IC in about 5 seconds and then will cool the pads not to risk damage to the board. From past experience all the pads will need to be vacuumed with a de-soldering hand piece and cleaned with alcohol prior to fluxing the board for rework.

Thanks For verifying IC 110.

As a safety issue I am going to verify none of the other IC's are shorted out.
              At this price it is much more economical to repair than replace. I will also check the lower Y buffer board for shorts.

Comment

Update trying to remove the QTFP chips. As you can see doing damage to pc board traces. Going to try cutting the pins from the IC since it is shorted and no good anyway, then will focus heat on chip and carefully remove pins going in direction with trace to prevent lifting traces off adhesive. Attaching photo of unsuccessful removal.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X