Maxent MX-27x1 LCD TV Screen On For Split Second Then Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxent MX-27x1 LCD TV Screen On For Split Second Then Off

Maxent MX-27x1 LCD TV when turned on it displays for a half second then screen goes off. Can still see computer output on screen with no backlighting. I took the whole TV apart and visually checked all the capacitors: none look damaged. While it was apart I found if I put pressure on opposing corners (longest dimension) the backlight would stay on until the pressure was released. After taking it completely apart and reassembling it wouldn't do that anymore. Back to only split second of backlighting when turning on or plugging/unplugging computer. When it is lit the lighting is bright and consistent. Any ideas? I should add that I'm very mechanically inclined and have done alot of soldering (have wired recording studios) but I am not an electronics tech.

Re: Maxent MX-27x1 LCD TV Screen On For Split Second Then Off

from ur description of flexing board, sounds as if u may have a bad solder joint causing ur problems.chk solder joints and reflow all that look suspect. pay particular attention to transformer joints.cheers

Comment

Originally posted by electroguy75
      from ur description of flexing board, sounds as if u may have a bad solder joint causing ur problems.chk solder joints and reflow all that look suspect. pay particular attention to transformer joints.cheers
      Power Supply transformers or inverter board transformers?

Comment

sorry, inverter board. cheers

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by audiogroove
            Anyone else have any ideas?
            The symptoms indicate a problem in the backlight system. Specifically, it appears the backlight protection logic is shutting them down. Electorguy75's idea of a bad solder joint is plausible, but it could also be a wiring problem to a CCFL. The first step is to identify the failure mode.

In cases like this, I suggest attaching good pictures of the inverter (top and bottom), including one with the CCFL leads plugged in.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
              The symptoms indicate a problem in the backlight system. Specifically, it appears the backlight protection logic is shutting them down. Electorguy75's idea of a bad solder joint is plausible, but it could also be a wiring problem to a CCFL. The first step is to identify the failure mode.

In cases like this, I suggest attaching good pictures of the inverter (top and bottom), including one with the CCFL leads plugged in.

PlainBill
              Thanks Plain Bill, I will post pictures as soon as I have time to disassemble the unit again.

Comment

Working...
              X