Lg 55le5400-uc 'no audio' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 55le5400-uc 'no audio' ?

Audio quit on this LG LCD Hybrid, manufactured in 2010. Has picture but audio quit. Can someone tell me if audio is supported via Main Board or LED Driver Board? LED Master or LED Save? My gut feeling it's the Main board and an Eprom Issue
    Thanks a Bunch!

Re: Lg 55le5400-uc 'no audio' ?

It's mainboard, have you tried headphones ? Doubtful it's eeprom, check the audio IC circuity and amp section, I've also fixed no audio on an LG with a reflow of the BGA on the main IC.

Comment

I picked a board up EAX61532702(0) TV sight unseen from a supplier, but it has a EAX61532705(0). Another lesson to check parts out first! Must not be compatible with the digital board. I'll check into that reflow.
      Thank you!

Comment

This board uses a seperate ic for speaker out and headphone out, so like diff said, check the headphone output
        The speaker output ic is suppled by the +24 volts from the power supply
        Last edited by R_J; 07-13-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I suspected a power supply issue as a potential culprit as well, these 10 year old hybrid designs seem like there are many variables? I may be inheriting this set from a client that is probably upgrading to a larger 4K set. I'll report further success story if anyone wants to hear it?

Comment

Working...
          X