Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnavox TV .. dead?

Model number 40MF401B/F7

I thought and was told it was the inverter board, so I opened it up to find the part number, seems to be a SSI 40008A01 Rev. 2

I then put it back together and remembered I didn't try if it was the backlight or not, with the whole "shine a bright flashlight onto it while it's on" but the thing won't power back on... is this normal? Was it getting some sort of charge or signal before I took the inverter out, and now it has no charge going through at all, causing it to not power on?

forgive mistype, I am using a Asus monitor having apparently death signals as well, and didn't have the phone charged to make a post from it.

My only thought is the inverters capcitors or whatever had charge in them, and pulling the board out discharged it all completely (or putting it back together with the suspect faulty board) which means its doesn't have a complete signal, and no power on light or any indication noise... but I don't know much about TV's so..... help appreciated.

Re: Magnavox TV .. dead?

Posting photo's of your circuit boards and voltage readings taken is a good starting point.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Re: Magnavox TV .. dead?

well right now it's all on hold as the multimeter is not found. just my luck. Hope to get back to it, I don't know within the month of September.

Comment

Working...
      X