Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 55 inch LG 4k OLED for $50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just picked up a 55 inch LG 4k OLED for $50!

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    not sure I would lay the blame on firmware especially since you indicated that you "swapped the guts" of two tv's. That sounds rather unusual.
    Yes but both TV's suffered from some kind of damage to the O LED panel. Being either by short or crack. In turn this disables in locks out some portion of the main board. Both of my boards had suffered this symptom. People on the other forums including the guy I bought the original TV from said that it would try to power on he would see the Web OS show up on the screen and then it would restart 5 times after the 5th time you get locked out. He mentioned that the LG representative was using some kind of dongle to reset the board.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

yes but the "issue" discussed was about a "firmware issue", what you are indicating is more of "normal operations of failure protection design" by LG.

Anyways, the reset sounds "similar" to those that use a "soft method" (with keys and power plug)... just more labor intensive. I would still check out the regulator conditions to understand what is happening around that area since you see nothing in those voltages.

Comment

However the Micom has a firmware area and a RAM, i don't know if an MCU (the micom) is able to flash itself partially to write this phantomatic flag...
        have you tried to keep pushed the reset button while you power on the tv or when you give AC power to the tv? that button will have a function or not??
        At the page 47 there's another button SW1901 that active signal URSA_RESET_MICOM that goes into the micom..

Comment

Are you sure it even has a way to detect the OLED panel is bad?
          I say this because it doesn't seem to have a feedback pin on the power connector?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The micom always communicate with main cpu, and as usual cpu communicate with TCON through a serial i2c line..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              However the Micom has a firmware area and a RAM, i don't know if an MCU (the micom) is able to flash itself partially to write this phantomatic flag...
              have you tried to keep pushed the reset button while you power on the tv or when you give AC power to the tv? that button will have a function or not??
              At the page 47 there's another button SW1901 that active signal URSA_RESET_MICOM that goes into the micom..
              I have not quite tried that particular sequence however this is on the 55EG9600-UB mainboard. The 55EG9600-UA doesn't have a SW3000 there. All though I took the end of a flathead screwdriver And was able to shut down and reset the MICOM as well but it did not make any difference since the solder joints are there, just no switch. That board also is receiving 3.5v to IC3000, And is putting out a 3.5v to RL-ON

SW1901 is dead. No V in no V out essentially does not do anything, ive tried.
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-01-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

you say there is no 5v in the set. Are you saying that you never see it or that there is no points for 5v... even the usb port?

Comment

There is standby 3.5v. It comes in and obviously is operating the MICOM, Which in turn operates the IR/power button/LED indicator. But it doesn't seem to be sending anything in the ways of output. Everything else on thw board is totally and completely dead.

The power supply is doing it's job it is sending 3.5v standby I can jump PS on to 3.5, DRV on and 12 on and my 24v and 12 V and all the rails come up the panel comes up. But yet the main board is still completely dead so it's not doing anything and just by passing it on the front end to see if the power supply, tcon ann the panel is operating

Comment

You need to check the 5v regulator to see what conditions are there as based on my read, everything starts with it getting going.

Comment

True, however ot appears that from 3.5v input to mainboard, the tract immediately goes to IC3000. I cvould be wrong, but if true, IC3000 is defective or erased, causing the rest of the circuits to be dead.

Comment

??? I am not sure how to read your statement. I think you are trying to say that the 3.5v input is used to do something. I am not talking about the 3.5v "supply", I am talking about the 5v "supply". It has its own regulator and it comes from 12v. Again, you are wise to look at the conditions around the regulators to see if they are present as it is quite possibly since you are dealing with "failed set harvesting" that a likely issue may be a bad / failed regulator as opposed to anything else.... at least until you can confirm that the regulators have the proper conditions to operate correctly.

Comment

I've just confirmed if I ground out pin 36 on ic3000 for RL-ON, the power suppply comes live. Still no response or boot. At least that confirms the signal from that IC is getting to the power supply.
                          Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-01-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            ??? I am not sure how to read your statement. I think you are trying to say that the 3.5v input is used to do something. I am not talking about the 3.5v "supply", I am talking about the 5v "supply". It has its own regulator and it comes from 12v. Again, you are wise to look at the conditions around the regulators to see if they are present as it is quite possibly since you are dealing with "failed set harvesting" that a likely issue may be a bad / failed regulator as opposed to anything else.... at least until you can confirm that the regulators have the proper conditions to operate correctly.
                            budwich, you are correct on that, however the 12v doesn't come up unless RL-ON is triggered. It can't even get to that point if it's not loading the firmware packet

Comment

Isnt there a way to get into some kind of service menu and deactivate the "lock"?
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Fu**ing Koreans doesn't pubblish the SRV MEnu entrance method, but usually on LG sets there is a .Wav file that can be played with a pc or tablet and an IR led connected to the audio out jack, search the forum or web for this. And also i hate that stupid Chinese-english that they use!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                  budwich, you are correct on that, however the 12v doesn't come up unless RL-ON is triggered. It can't even get to that point if it's not loading the firmware packet
                                  OK.. but then I think you haven't set those conditions up correctly for it to happen... maybe. I haven't seen where you have checked / tried that. You have tried a few "stimuli" but I am not sure you have checked the result other than looking for voltage.... there are other status lines that should also show up somewhere.

Actually, I am not even sure what panel you are actually working on since, it isn't in your title or the first post. :-) maybe I will just be quiet. I doubt an oled will be any of my future learnings... :-)

OOPs... I see your model in the second post...
                                  Last edited by budwich; 01-02-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Interesting read from someone else that had an issue with this set over on AVS.

According to this guy apparently even replacing the main did not straighten the problem out even for a second when it had a failed panel.

But I2C serial communications don't come up at all Even if the tcon board was reporting a problem with the panel the main board doesn't have any voltages to register this.

Funny how the guy mention that LG is going to show up with a USB boot and load. And also two main boards and no even attempt to power up
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-08-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Judging by what I'm reading, nothing fixes this issue. Even when an LG tech comes to your home and replaces every board, (twice) and even the panel.. wtf?

Comment

Isnt there a company where you can buy a OLED and test it first for a few days and return it if you dont like it? Remove the back cover of the new tv and copy the data from the EEPROM to a USB haha

I would think the panel is somehow registered to the mainboard and swapping mainboards wont help.
                                        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Moreno you would be happy if you buy a tv that someone already got into and mess with?
                                          Freak i don't find any technical discussion on that forum, only purchase advices, where is your discussion?
                                          How a mainboard would refuse to work with a different panel, you don't have changed only the panel and not the tcon? digital electronics are on the tcon not on the panel.

Comment

Working...
                                          X