Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PS58C7000YM Cycling menus and settings automatically (Video included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS58C7000YM Cycling menus and settings automatically (Video included)

so you may need to find a replacement touch sensitive board, im not sure how these are fixed in though but do remember reading a post on this forum a while ago and the touch sensitive board was at fault too.

Comment

Re: Samsung PS58C7000YM Cycling menus and settings automatically (Video included)

Is my next step to replace the board or is it something that can be fixed?

And if I buy a new board, does it generally come with all bits and bobs on it, or will I have to buy those and solder and such? In the pictures I'm seeing it looks like the latter.

Here are some I have found:
      Open Box City
      TV Parts Today
      ebay
      Shop Jimmy

I want to thank you both for your help. You've both helped me very much, and I even had a bit of fun.

I will genuinely buy you both a beer if you give me a payment method.

Comment

its none of those boards you have linked, the wires/connector you have removed and the set now stay on, follow those wires back and see where it goes to and see if theirs a part number on the board as you say its the touch sensitive type so on the other side of that there has too be some sort of board we think thats your fault.

Comment

OK. NOW I've found the part. It was silly of me to see the wires run to that corner and assume the E Buffer was the panel I needed. The IR was beneath it.

Here is the part:
          https://repairpartstv.site/item/2531...l_samsung.html

Comment

Not silly at all if wires went that direction thats why you probably thought that, the main thing now i guess is too see if your board has all the matching numbers etc ive never changed one of these boards so not sure how its fixed too your tv so maybe best to wait and see if more experienced member will advise as these are touch sensitive boards they maybe glued on etc.

Comment

That's good advice and the numbers all match.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Comment

I hope you sort it that board is a reasonable price so if it has a return warranty if faulty on arrival maybe worth buying it before they sell out as maybe a common issue its just im not sure how its fixed too the tv itself i guess glue but not sure.

Comment

they are attached with double sided tape. there are cutouts at each switch, so it does't obstruct the contact point.

use a heat gun to warm it prior to removal and you can sometimes remove the board without removing the tape.

does this button panel have the ir sensor on it, or is it on a separate board of its own?
                  WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
                    they are attached with double sided tape. there are cutouts at each switch, so it does't obstruct the contact point.

use a heat gun to warm it prior to removal and you can sometimes remove the board without removing the tape.

does this button panel have the ir sensor on it, or is it on a separate board of its own?
                    That sounds easy enough. I think I may have a heat gun too.

The IR sensor is on the same panel.

Comment

there is always a chance that it is the ir failing, but if you can replace the board cheap enough, then it may not be worth the time replacing parts on it.

remove the entire bezel from the panel to give yourself access to the board for replacement.
                      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by xburger View Post
                        That sounds easy enough. I think I may have a heat gun too.

The IR sensor is on the same panel.
                        Hi, I may have the same issue on a PS42C430. Did you solve the issue by replacing the IR board?

Comment

Originally posted by int0x13 View Post
                          Hi, I may have the same issue on a PS42C430. Did you solve the issue by replacing the IR board?
                          Yes it did! Its been 5 months now I think and I've been using it just fine

Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

Working...
                          X