Sharp lc-70le650u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp lc-70le650u

Having this issue with my tv. Left side of the TV is good. Right side is not so good. Is this fixable? Already tried replacing the TCon board but it did nothing.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp lc-70le650u

Sense I see that you have the bezel off the screen already why don't you try disconnecting the little white flat ribbon cable that goes from the bottom boards to the side edge boards at the bottom left corner in a look at the screen and see if those lines are still there.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Also try swapping tcon cables to panel from left side to right side. Also does it look like there might be any damage to the frc ribbons going into the panel under the affected area? Especially look for signs of liquid damage.
      Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-26-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I have done that and the result is the image above. It didn't fix the vertical line/color issue on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by goldfingeroo7 View Post
          I have done that and the result is the image above. It didn't fix the vertical line/color issue on the left.
          you "done what"? swap cables? disconnected cables? what exactly was the result of each step that you tried?

Comment

Right. Which cables. Did you try swapping ribbons on the T con or did you tried disconnecting the little elbow corner cable on the bottom of the panel where it goes into the side driver boards?

What I think he is referring to is using the white flat ribbons from the T con it's swapping the ribbons to the other side checking in verifying if there are any broken or failed pans within the ribbon cable. If it were a bad rep and it would be make this symptom on the opposite side by swapping the cables. However I would only assume by the looks of this there may be some kind of liquid intrusion to the lower FRP boards underneath the affected area. Usually this will present its self with white crusty looking deposits all over the board and the ribbon connections would be destroyed.

This will especially happen if somebody cleaned the screen with windex and let it run down into the bottom of the panel
            Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-27-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Sorry guys. Here are the steps I took.
              1. Replace the t-con board. No change in the screen.
              2. Only connect the right ribbon cable. Left side of screen was white. Right side looked great.
              3. Only connect the left ribbon cable. Right side of screen was white. Left side was messed up.
              4. Found this forum.
              5. Removed the black outer piece of plastic to get access to the ribbon cables.
              6. Disconnected the left side ribbon cable. (The white cable on the lower left of the screen.) This fixed the rolling lines on the entire screen when both connectors of the t-con where connected. But not the color vertical color lines from the screen shot above.
              7. Swapping the ribbon cables on the tcon board had no change in the output.

No water damage on the screen anywhere. This is one of a pair of 70" TVs used in a corporate environment. I was able to fix the other 70" TV with a USB firmware update. That one is a LC-70LE640U and it works great now. They both were going to be thrown away but I was able to get them to try and fix. Got them for free too so not too important to try and revive.

Thanks for your help. Would love to get this working if possible though.

Comment

the water "damage" isn't on the screen... It appears on the edge boards usually along the bottom. From you "testing" and pictures, the lower left edge boards and tabs associated with that section of the screen may have an issue. Check the tabs near where those vertical lines are to see if you can visual see any thing about those connections (compared to others).

Comment

I didn't see any water damage on the bottom portion of the screen where the ribbon cables connect to the lcd display. There are 4 connectors on each side. When I get home from work, I can take a picture of this. Checked the caps too and they didn't look "burned" out. They are hot to the touch when the TV is on though.

Comment

:-( on the caps. Possibly some may be done. You should check / compare them with others on the "other side" both in terms of "hot" but also doing a "power off" resistance / capacitance measurement maybe...
                    my guess is that there is a tab issue near that side but could also be a cap problem. I do believe, in the past, someone found a cap issue on an "equivalent set" and did an "on tv / board replacement" since the boards couldn't be removed. You might get lucky herein also.

Comment

Working...
                    X