Samsung tv vertical distortion / black bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung tv vertical distortion / black bar

I have a 52 inch samsung tv model: LN52A550P3F with distortion on the screen.

This TV I had fix once before for a no power issue. It was fixed by replacing the caps on the power board. This time its showing video issues. There are two remaining caps that weren't replaced last time that are bulging. I have reseated the ribbon cables going from the video board to the panel. This is an intermittent issue. It may not do it at all for hours and then it will do it constantly.

I am thinking its a bad panel but I wanted to check here before I call it a lost cause.

I have read through this thread here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=21648&page=2 but none of the answers have helped the issue (short of replacing the T-con board.

I have uploaded a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3hw_hlyFdw

Edit: Also I have tried tapping on it and have not noticed any changes when doing so.

Thanks for reading people of the internet I appreciate it.
    Last edited by neverexisted; 09-06-2017, 04:08 PM.

Re: Samsung tv vertical distortion / black bar

Did you check for a tab bond issue? What happens if you tap or squeeze the frame around the affected area on top and bottom? Did you clean the ribbon cables with alcohol? What happens if you just have one side of the ribbon cables on the Tcon connected that goes to the screen, then vise versa?
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 09-06-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I cleaned the ribbons with no change.

There is only one ribbon that I can see going to the T-con board I uploaded a pic here: https://s26.postimg.org/tdmv9rgqh/21...44183940_o.jpg

I tried pressing on the edges and I think I did see a change. But its not having the issue now so I will have to wait for it to re appear to test that.

Comment

the cable that enters the t-con is the lvds cable. cap has asked you to remove the ribbon cable that goes from the t-con to the panel. they are on the top side of the t-con.

these cables need cleaning too.
        WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
          the cable that enters the t-con is the lvds cable. cap has asked you to remove the ribbon cable that goes from the t-con to the panel. they are on the top side of the t-con.

these cables need cleaning too.
          I will try that thanks. Yeah idk why that didn't occur to me the first time I read that post. I'm having a derp day.

Comment

Well I cleaned all the cables with no change. There is definitely a change when I press on the back of the panel. So it looks like its the tabs I saw in another post. I have all the necessary equipment. So I guess I just need to figure out how to get to the tabs lol. Wish me luck.

Comment

i was going to say that it was most likely a tab bond issue, but you need to check all possibilities.

now, since it is only effecting half of the screen, it could also be a failing ceramic cap on the driver board. it does not happen often, but does happen. you might get lucky.
              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Get some thermo pads and put that on top of the tab bond... that's what I do.

Comment

"There are two remaining caps that weren't replaced last time that are bulging."
                  A 52 inch needs more cure than replacing only those bulged, next time until you don't buy an esr meter, replace them all apart the 450v ones!!

For the defect (apart the stiff neck :-)...) it don't remember me the typical cases when a tab bond is defective, where you see artifacts like vertical colored bars, it seems only a ribbon connection between tcon - panel that if not dirt at least with some broken traces, so when there's no defect try to push several times the thing until you see the defect. Surely is not the lvds cable to the main av.
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 09-08-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                    Get some thermo pads and put that on top of the tab bond... that's what I do.
                    I will check that before I tear the panel down. But I have no clue where to start with pulling the panel and I don't want to either take apart whats not needed or break something.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                      "There are two remaining caps that weren't replaced last time that are bulging."
                      A 52 inch needs more cure than replacing only those bulged, next time until you don't buy an esr meter, replace them all apart the 450v ones!!

For the defect (apart the stiff neck :-)...) it don't remember me the typical cases when a tab bond is defective, where you see artifacts like vertical colored bars, it seems only a ribbon connection between tcon - panel that if not dirt at least with some broken traces, so when there's no defect try to push several times the thing until you see the defect. Surely is not the lvds cable to the main av.
                      Point taken.

I do have a capacitor meter if thats what you mean by esr.

Comment

I have the suspect and i'm not the only, that capacitor are the very biggest cause of failures on tv like theese, so replacing original ones, not the best usually, is a good thing, that's why i've said it, esr meter is better than capacity meter, for what i know. bye.

Comment

Working...
                        X