• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-60LE752E Panel shorted?

Y cof。 It's broken,this SHARP common failing,remove the Y cof

Comment

You can also replace a piece of Y cof with a machine.
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-06-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

It's all in this excellent thread by Freakafter8, need to do the testing because it's not reversible, many times you can see the bad cof, it may be hotter or blacker or misshapen maybe have a hole or black spot nearby: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=freakafter8

Comment

Originally posted by jsdffxf View Post
          Y cof。 It's broken,this SHARP common failing,remove the Y cof
          Sorry if is a dumb question, but just to confirm, you mean to remove the tabs on the right side (viewing from the front), just like @mkkillah did on the #15 post? My panel is exactly the same of him.

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          It's all in this excellent thread by Freakafter8, need to do the testing because it's not reversible, many times you can see the bad cof, it may be hotter or blacker or misshapen maybe have a hole or black spot nearby: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=freakafter8
          Yup. I read that thread, very interesting indeed. But in that situations, the panel of 70'' is different from 60''. Although a user reports in that same thread that the same logic can be done for 60'' cases and that obviously in any case it is not reversible. Maybe I have no choice but to take the risk. After all, in the current state it cannot be used like this.

Thanks for your time guys.

Comment

yep, applies to both sizes, I would take the cautious route and try to identify the bad cof, will prolly have one of the tell tale signs I wrote above.

Comment

They're talking it over in this thread too: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50170

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                yep, applies to both sizes, I would take the cautious route and try to identify the bad cof, will prolly have one of the tell tale signs I wrote above.
                Thanks, mate. I will follow the recommendation and before applying surgery I will try to disassemble the frame and touch the side COFs to see if any have suspicious marks or if they get hotter than normal.

In any case, I will attach photos in this way tomorrow ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Alright guys, I'm going to update you.

I disassembled the frame and when verifying the side COF Chip none shows a noticeable heating, but when assembling the frame it fails after a few minutes. This makes me think that when the TV has the metal frames (which hold the panel) and also the plastic frame (where the TV brand comes out). As there is no ventilation, the COF Chip collapses and shows the fault.

It was a risky move on my part, but since many had reported simply removing the side COFs that present the issue, I just took the risk and removed them. Fortunately in my case, this fixed the root problem.

The TV has already been running for several hours without showing the blurry image that I attached in post #40.

I only have to thank everyone in the forum for contributing with their help and knowledge that allows us to rescue (at least for a while longer) a TV that does not stop costing good money in my country.

The first image shows the TV with the fault.

In the second, the retired Chip COF side.

In the third, the TV in its current state.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by skynetronics; 03-06-2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Looks good, nice save.

Comment

Working...
                    X