Samsung PS51D535 Plasma - Clicking - Impossible problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS51D535 Plasma - Clicking - Impossible problem

Hello! I'm having a real hazzle with my Samsung Plasma TV PS51D535.
    It clicks a few times and then stops. Screen is black.

The wiring is as follows on the TV.

I have tried disconnecting every board to the Power Supply.
    The clicking stops and the TV seems to boot(I have no sound on it) when I disconnect the X-SUS!

1. I first ordered a new X-SUS board from ebay. My board is LJ41-0422A(LJ92-01759A) Rev 1.2. The board I got a hold of is LJ41-0422A(LJ92-01759A) Rev 1.3. The problem remained.

2. I then replaced the Y-SUS, the Power supply board, the Logic board. All with matching reference numbers. The problem remained. The only board left to replace is the Main board, but it is so expensive.

3. I got to thinking that maybe the refence difference on the X-SUS mattered or maybe a faulty X-SUS board was sent to me so I switched all the capacitors from the eBay board to my old board. The problem remained.

This is where I'm at now. Surely the X-SUS must be my problem? What do i need to do? This is driving me crazy!!!

The eBay board that sacrificed its capacitors. The old capacitors from the old board lies on the table while the "new"capacitors is attached to my old board.

Last edited by Hatmpatn; 03-23-2017, 05:08 AM.

Re: Samsung PS51D535 Plasma - Clicking - Impossible problem

What are you doing
    They are not your issue
    If you have replaced x and y and power board why are you removing the caps ????

Comment

I thought that maybe the Reference difference on the board mattered so I transfered all the capacitors from the new board to the old board. But what else could it be?
      Last edited by Hatmpatn; 03-23-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Yeah agree with Chris you need to take a step back here and properly diagnosed the fault first.

Eliminate the possibility of the mainboard being faulty by jumping the power supply on, and running test patterns on the control board.

Comment

Ok, have put it all together now. No harm done. How do I go about jumping my power supply on and run test patterns?

Comment

Nevermind me. I think I know found it out by myself. I jumpered the pin 3 and 4 on the logic board and disconnected the "fine cable" running from the logic board to the mainboard. Still there is the clicking. I also tried disconnecting the power wire running from the power supply to the main board, but then there is just a dead TV. No LED on the logic board and no clicking.

Comment

Make sure you put back the cables properly seat as original.
              Take out the x and y board, check all the transistors in the x and y board looking for shorts.

Comment

Jump

ps-on to Gnd

Vs-on to 5vstby

Comment

Chances are you may have bought a faulty part from eBay. But need to go through proper troubleshooting before taking parts from a board.

Comment

Okay, I suspect so aswell. Am I now supposed to disconnect the cable leading to the logic board and the cable leading to the mainboard and jumper the PS_ON to GND on the mainboard connector on the power supply and jumper VS_ON to B5V(Cant find 5VSTBY) on the logic board connector on the power supply?

Comment

I have taken off all the transistors from the eBay board and some really behave strangely. I have tested like this:

1. Put the multimeter on ohm reading, scale 2000k.
                      2. Put the negative lead on the leg to the right, seen from the front of the transistor
                      3. Put the positive lead on the middle leg. See that I get infinite Ohms.
                      4. Put the positive lead on the left leg instead and then back to middle. See that the circuit is closed(get 0ohm or something other than infinity).

The following transistors seems to be working(some of them doesnt show 0ohm in stage 4 but something like 800):

1pcs of 30G124
                      2pcs of SMK1820
                      1pcs of SMK730

The following transistors shows shorts in all of the stages:
                      2pcs of RJP30H1
                      2pcs of 30G124

Should I just replace these?

And what is this?

Comment

I now tested all the "three-legged" transistors on the Y-SUS board and all are good! I didnt test the few two-legged like the picture above because I dont know what they are and how to test them. What is my next step?

Comment

The two legged device is a 400V, 10A ULTRAFAST RECOVERY RECTIFIER
                          test it in diode mode in both directions

Comment

And what should it show in both directions?

All of the rectifiers on the eBay board showed 444 in one direction and infinity ohms in the other direction.
                            Last edited by Hatmpatn; 03-24-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

yes that sounds ok for them

Comment

So what is my next step? Check all the transistors on the old X-SUS board and see if I can combine all the working transistors into a good working board?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatmpatn View Post
                                  Okay, I suspect so aswell. Am I now supposed to disconnect the cable leading to the logic board and the cable leading to the mainboard and jumper the PS_ON to GND on the mainboard connector on the power supply and jumper VS_ON to B5V(Cant find 5VSTBY) on the logic board connector on the power supply?

Not B5V. You should use A5V and PS-ON to GND as Hamie said. Also disconnect the V-SUS cable going to the Y-SUS Bd, then connect a pair if 12Vac light bulbs in series across the V-SUS connector on the PSU Bd. The bulbs should light-up bright. If not then PSU Bd is faulty.
                                  Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 03-24-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I'm not following. He said:

ps-on to Gnd

Vs-on to 5vstby

I can't find any 5vstby. Can you draw lines in paint where I should put wires?

Comment

Isn't the best strategy here to focus on the X-SUS board? I has obviously been sent a faulty board with shorted transistors and the old board remains to be checked for this. Why would the PS board be faulty when the TV doesnt click anymore when all the board are connected except the X-SUS and to add to that, I have replaced the PS board.

Comment

Okay, I just checked my old X-SUS board and there were also transistors shorted. I took a picture and marked where I found the faulty transistors and what name they had.

1pcs of RJP30H1
                                        3pcs of 30G124

Comment

Working...
                                        X