JO47BAIRD power problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JO47BAIRD power problem

Hi all. I have just been given this TV and found it only stays on for about an hour then turns off standby light stays on red TV will not turn back on for about 15 minutes after unplugged then stays on for another hour again. Has anyone any ideas where to start investigating first please. All advice is very much welcomed and thanks for reading

Re: JO47BAIRD power problem

A good place to start.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I'm not sure if these have uploaded correctly
      Attached Files

Comment

can you try and take a picture where is shows the whole power supply (what is the board number printed on the psu) and maybe a good picture of the underside of the psu
        please remember we have not got these boards in front of us so we go of the pictures you provide us so they need too be clear, so when we zoom in on them we can see the parts plus board numbers etc.
        Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-09-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

+1
          You would be surprised at just how helpful decent pictures are in helping to fault-find.

Comment

Just let me know if these pics are not OK and I'll try get better ones I think the board number is MLT199TL. Thanks for replying.

Comment

If you can post pictures of the top and bottom of the power supply board in better lighting please.

Edit
              You could use a hair dryer and see if heating up any part of the power supply / mainboard shuts down the TV quicker.
              Last edited by dick_barton; 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Sorry didn't upload first time
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cvel View Post
                  Just let me know if these pics are not OK and I'll try get better ones I think the board number is MLT199TL. Thanks for replying.
                  Are there any other numbers alongside ie. Rev1.x?

Comment

That's dick Barton I'll give that a try if it goes off quicker like that does it mean new board or could it be repaired just waiting for my wife to come home to tell me where she hides the hair dryer

Comment

Yes rev:1.8

Comment

pictures are a little better but double click on one of your picrures you have uploaded and zoom in you can then see we still cant see much at all so maybe try a diffrent camera if you have one or try diffrent camera modes ie macro etc.

Comment

If these don't work I'll post again when my wife is home she has a better phone than me
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok for now as per post 7 try heating one board up at a time and see if you can make the fault appear quicker as it will narrow down the faulty board.Try not too overheat the boards too much though, as capacitors can explode if you get them too hot.

Comment

Hi I had hair dryer on the psu and TV was OK but put hair dryer onto this board in the pic and TV cut off after 20 seconds
                              Attached Files

Comment

Also this time in t went off the power light stayed green but screen was dark normally when it goes off the power light goes to red

Comment

ok try the opposite have you got a fan you can aim cold air at the invertor board if so does the tv now stay on ok?

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't got a fan but will try to locate one and try it will update as soon as I can

Comment

Ive just connected it to the sky box and left the TV open I have a laser temp gauge my thinking is I'll run the TV until it goes off again and I'd be able to accurately check the temps of the boards does any of you know what temp they should safely be running at before they cut off the TV or do you think doing it this way wouldn't help at all. And thank you for your help its very appreciated

Comment

worth a try i guess note the readings on the left and right invertor boards for now there are 2 transformers on each maybe one of those is overheating and causing issues? not sure of what temps should be just see for now if any parts get hot when fault happens

Comment

Working...
                                        X