Lg 37lc46-zc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 37lc46-zc

Hi, I have here a 37 inch LG tv, The red stanby LED comes on when set is plugged in and it turns green when i try power it on but i get no picture or backlight, Seems as though the TV is still functioning just no display or backlight is being produced.

Is this a common problem on these sets and is it an easy fix?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Re: Lg 37lc46-zc

Have you any photo's. Does it have sound. If you look very closely using a bright light can you see the menu on the screen when viewing from an angle.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Cant hear any sound but cant be sure its on correct input as no display, Also no its not a backlight issue, Ive already tried that and i can not see any signs of the display showing image,

I will add some pics later this evening when i get home,

Comment

Found one bulged 1500uf 35v cap on the PSU so got a replacement for it today so once i solder that in ill post if it fixes it but i dont think it will,

Comment

35V capacitor is seems like it's on the 24V backlight supply.

Connect a DVD player to the scart input since most tv's automatically switch over to the scart input. You may have to switch the player on and off a few times for the TV to connect to it. Works for me for checking sound, volume up/down.
          Last edited by dick_barton; 03-05-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Just came home for lunch and tried that cap in the tv and it fired up, Guess it was backlight then... I did honestly try a good bright led torch and couldn't see any image even when pressing menu button and a few others,

Thanks for the help mate.. ;-)

Comment

Glad you're up and running again.

Comment

Working...
              X