Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LG PLasma lower y-Buffer went out again? why

Hi All
    hoping i can get some idea with what is wrong with my LG plasma 50PA6500. worked fine for 2 years with no issues then last month i turned it on and got sound but no picture,

searched online i found out its the Y-Sustain board that could be bad, ordered a new one and replaced it but still same issue,so it was not the Y-sustain board, then i checked both y-buffer boards and lower one was the culprit there was one short IC in lower y-buffer board as i checked with an old analogue multi meter, Ordered a new lower y-buffer board and after i replaced the lower Y-buffer board i got a picture on the Display, but next day i turn it on and there was no picture again, just sound, it was the lower y-buffer board that went out again.

What is causing the y-buffer board to go out even with a new Y-sustain board? do i need to order and replace both top and lower y-buffer boards or something is wrong with the power supply/Z-boards? can any one help me to identify the problem??

Re: My LG PLasma lower y-Buffer went out again? why

Could be bad panel ribbons on this model. Im aware the panel ribbons have a habbit of shorting on these and killing the buffer. Could also be bad Zbias cause by cold solder joints on Zsus.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I agree. Check the solder joints under the copper coils on the board. Check every solder joint under there. Fresh lead solder never hurts.

Comment

Hi reeceyburger and tvtimmy thank you for your response, can u tell me what exactly I need to look for?

another question: my z-sustain/logic and power boards are not bad, correct?

Comment

More likely a bad panel if the Same Chip went....
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
          X