LG 37LG6000 Scarlet Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37LG6000 Scarlet Problem

Hi, i have problem with LG Scarlet TV. When i plug power on, it turns's ON itself without pressing button on remote, red led blinks 3 times, then it goes white, and after that it goes to dim white. Turn on tune is heard throug speakers. Backlight turns on but there is no picture and after that backlight start to turn off/on itself. It's on 2-3 seconds and off 2-3 seconds. TV isn't responding to remote commands. Please help.

Re: LG 37LG6000 Scarlet Problem

Seems like a PSU problem at first thought.....Post pics of TV back with covers removed.

Comment

I don't think so, i have measured all voltages +24 for backlight is OK, +16 is OK, +12 is OK, +5V is OK, +5Vstandby is OK, +3,3V OK, +1,8V OK, +1,2V OK. When i remove cable between IR sensor board and main board then TV isn't starting by itself. So i think maybe problem is somewhere on IR sensor board but i can't track it because there is no schematic of IR board in service manual that i have found on web.

http://www.electronica-pt.com/esquem...89d-lcd-16072/

Comment

OK...So could we see a pic of the IR board, then??

Comment

I would suspect a firmware or main processor issue instead of the IR board.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

is this the ir board used in your set
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAX4343960...0AAOxyThVTZ4Ve

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              is this the ir board used in your set
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAX4343960...0AAOxyThVTZ4Ve
              yes, it looks just like this one

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                I would suspect a firmware or main processor issue instead of the IR board.
                Or IC802 (WT61P8-Flat Panel Display Control Sub-MCU), or IC801 eeprom ... i don't know where to start ...

Sometimes happens that TV starts ok and works, and in this case it will work ok until i turn it off.
                Last edited by sandrabrnelic; 08-26-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Update ...

TV is starting itself even when i disconect cable between mainboard and sensor/led/keys boards. I believe problem is located on mainboard that is starting without any buttons pressed/connected, after that backlight starts blinking, signals from inverter are OK, it blinks because DIM signal goes from 0 to 3V and back. INV_CTL and PANEL_ERROR_DET signals are OK.

Comment

as per post 5 maybe a eeprom issue what is your mainboard numbers etc.

Comment

as per post 5 maybe a eeprom issue what is your mainboard numbers etc.
                      you mean hardware problem with eeprom or just problem with eeprom content, main eeprom or sub-MCU eeprom, and where can i find sub-MCU .bin ?!

mainboard is LD89A/D/F EAX39192001(14)
                      Last edited by sandrabrnelic; 08-26-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandrabrnelic View Post
                        you mean hardware problem with eeprom or just problem with eeprom content, main eeprom or sub-MCU eeprom, and where can i find sub-MCU .bin ?!

mainboard is LD89A/D/F EAX39192001(14)
                        is there another number on it something like EBU42372382?

Comment

is there another number on it something like EBU42372382?
                          yes, on the sticker with barcode

Comment

yes, on the sticker with barcode
                            what is that number? as theres loads of diffrent mainboards

Comment

It's same number - EBU42372382 !

Comment

I have updated firmware and now everything works fine. I used notebook with serial cable and hyperterminal to be able to do this because every other method didn't work for me.

Here is procedure that i followed (copied from other forum):

To recover an apparently dead lg set you'll need

* a computer with a serial port
                                * a null modem cable
                                * a terminal emulation program with file transfer capability (zmodem protocol)
                                * a good firmware file (*.epk)
                                * a little care
                                * a lot of patience

If you don't understand the meaning of anything in this list it's better you call lg service

Warning, incorrect operations could irreparably damage your set

This is the sequence of actions:

1. turn off the tv (by removing the power cable or using the on/off switch, all leds must be off)
                                2. connect the service port on the tv to the computer serial port with a null modem cable
                                3. start the terminal emulation program an set the speed at 115200, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no hardware or software handshake
                                4. turn on the tv and at the same time press Esc on the keyboard. It may be necessary to press Esc more than once
                                5. if everything goes well, you'll be greeted by a "Mstar #" prompt (here you can write help to obtain a list of available commands in the u-boot bootloader)
                                6. issue the swuz command (software upload zmodem). the tv will await the file
                                7. in the terminal emulation program select the correct firmware file (.epk) to send to the tv
                                8. don't touch anything and hope there's no power cut (it's a long process!)
                                9. once the file has been successfully transferred, turn off the tv
                                10. disconnect the serial cable
                                11. turn on the tv and hopefully it will work

The only difference is that my TV didn't have "Mstar" prompt, after pressing esc it gives "douglas" prompt, everything else was exactly as described here.
                                Last edited by sandrabrnelic; 08-29-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Glad you managed to update the firmware and thank you for the instrucions too could you please upload the firmware files you used? as thses may help other members out too.

Comment

Here is .epk file for 37LG6000 that i have used, it's 3.49.0 version of firmware. I'm not sure but i think it's good for all LG6000 series TV's.
                                    And one more thing that i want to mekae clear ... in step 7. you need to click on "transfer" and then choose "send file ..." if you're using Hyperterminal, after that you need to choose zmodem protocol.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by sandrabrnelic; 08-29-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I have updated firmware and now everything works fine. I used notebook with serial cable and hyperterminal to be able to do this because every other method didn't work for me.

Here is procedure that i followed (copied from other forum):

To recover an apparently dead lg set you'll need

* a computer with a serial port
                                      * a null modem cable
                                      * a terminal emulation program with file transfer capability (zmodem protocol)
                                      * a good firmware file (*.epk)
                                      * a little care
                                      * a lot of patience

If you don't understand the meaning of anything in this list it's better you call lg service

Warning, incorrect operations could irreparably damage your set

This is the sequence of actions:

1. turn off the tv (by removing the power cable or using the on/off switch, all leds must be off)
                                      2. connect the service port on the tv to the computer serial port with a null modem cable
                                      3. start the terminal emulation program an set the speed at 115200, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no hardware or software handshake
                                      4. turn on the tv and at the same time press Esc on the keyboard. It may be necessary to press Esc more than once
                                      5. if everything goes well, you'll be greeted by a "Mstar #" prompt (here you can write help to obtain a list of available commands in the u-boot bootloader)
                                      6. issue the swuz command (software upload zmodem). the tv will await the file
                                      7. in the terminal emulation program select the correct firmware file (.epk) to send to the tv
                                      8. don't touch anything and hope there's no power cut (it's a long process!)
                                      9. once the file has been successfully transferred, turn off the tv
                                      10. disconnect the serial cable
                                      11. turn on the tv and hopefully it will work

The only difference is that my TV didn't have "Mstar" prompt, after pressing esc it gives "douglas" prompt, everything else was exactly as described here.
                                      I fixed it!
                                      my TV's problem was that when you turn it on, the only thing that happens is the power indicator gets white, and the backlight turns on. When you turn it off, it takes about 10 seconds to respond until it finally turns off.

It bugged when i enabled the setting for the startup sound, and then when i restarted the tv, it didnt want to start.

The steps i did to fix my problem are pretty much the same as in this guide, but in my case when i turned on the tv (step 4) to connect, the tv restarts after at most 1 second and then the connection gets lost. Then it connects again and then it restarts again etc. So i had to press escape many times until it stopped restarting, and then i could finally write commands.

Another thing was that i tried many terminal emulation programs, but the one which worked for me was Terra Term.

Terra Term link: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html
                                      How to use the program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofhKCXVbu-0

i hope this helps anyone

Comment

Working...
                                      X