Vizio VW42LFHDTV10A Dies after a few minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VW42LFHDTV10A Dies after a few minutes

Any advice on where I can find the nominal voltages for these ICs? I'm hoping to get this buttoned back up and off the floor of my office. I have a mainboard from a similar model that has all these regulators - should I go ahead and replace any or all of them?

Thanks much.

Comment

Hello, I have recently been granted with the failure of my Vizio 70 inch smart tv. It's the e701i-A3 (but you already knew that &#128521 well my family and I were watching the football game and *snap* (not any noise) out goes the picture. The light is still on in the back of the tv. When I press buttons on the remote it get brighter then goes dark. Took apart the tv. Back is off and I see 3 boards. T-con, main, and PSU. Question is could I just replace these 3 boards because they are inexpensive or will that not work? Please help me, this TV cost $1,500 and I can't afford a new one .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Curtin View Post
        Hello, I have recently been granted with the failure of my Vizio 70 inch smart tv. It's the e701i-A3 (but you already knew that &#128521 well my family and I were watching the football game and *snap* (not any noise) out goes the picture. The light is still on in the back of the tv. When I press buttons on the remote it get brighter then goes dark. Took apart the tv. Back is off and I see 3 boards. T-con, main, and PSU. Question is could I just replace these 3 boards because they are inexpensive or will that not work? Please help me, this TV cost $1,500 and I can't afford a new one .
        That was supposed to say e 7 0 1 I a 3

Comment

If you could post some clear pictures of the circuit boards.
          The light is still on in the back of the TV. Do you mean the led back lights stay on as seen from the back of the set.
          Can you measure the voltages on the power supply connect going to the main board.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Please don't hijack my thread - this issue is unrelated to the issue I'm trying to discuss.

Comment

More info: I've determined that if the power supply is kept cool with forced air, the TV will never shut off. The heat sink with the mosfet looking guys on it gets very hot otherwise. Does this mean a PS problem, or could it mean another component is drawing too much power and causing PS overheat?

Comment

Working...
              X