Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 32LE5300-Help with LG LED parts search

Good morning,

I am having the hardest time finding a part for my LG tv, and wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. About 1.5 years ago, my LG tv went dark. The tv was just 20 days past it's warranty and I've already been in 20 circles with LG and they will not help out. I'm an avid DIYer, mostly mechanical, but tackle the electrical issues when I feel gutsy. I stripped the tv all the way down to even separating the panel. I found that the lower left LED strip had a bad diode. These diodes have to be installed by a robot because there's no way I'm getting a solder iron in there. The TV is an LG 32LE5300-UC.CUSDLH. The panel is an AUO T315HW04. I've noticed a lot of similar items on ebay over the year that include the full mounting bracket. If that's the case, I'm looking for part number 73.31T12.001-2-SK1 or 100812 which is also stamped on the strip. There's also a couple numbers on the LED board when removed. Those are TT31T12001QXZ71XA07R0466 and 31T12-016 or 018. The LED strip has 36 LED's across the strip, and number 16 is the bad diode. I have searched US Ebay, a few other countries ebays, multiple USA parts suppliers including shopjimmy, sears, etc. I can find plenty of boards, cables, screws for this tv. But it doesn't seem anyone ever sells any of the panel's guts. I don't want to throw out a $750 tv for a $20 part, which is why I've stuck with this over a year. Does anyone have access to a store that I'm not aware of that may sell this part? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 32LE5300-Help with LG LED parts search

one strip had 2 groups, each groups had 18 LEDs 73.31T12.001-2-SK1 are 7030 type with 7x3 mm size 6 volts. as its double LED

please make measure of one LED L.W with mm to confirm the size i mentioned above.

Comment

If you're saying that a single strip is 2 groups, then yes, you're correct. There are 4 total strips on the tv, 2 up, 2 down. Each of those strips has a total of 36 LED's across. I'm trying to track down one of these strips.

Comment

Feeling desperate then find the dead led, cut it out and short the pads (easier than soldering a replacement led in such a small space). Add two or three dropping diodes to the cabling to the strip if you are concerned about higher current because the led is gone.

Comment

2 questions, what's the proper way to remove the LED diode? Second, How's the proper way to short it? Just drop a couple drops of solder in the opening? The glass pane for the panel rests on top of these LEDs, so I don't want to cause any issues.

Comment

On ebay there is a whole tv. Strip your parts and sell the rest again.

Comment

Working...
            X