Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    I don't wanna talk about those damn Y02 anymore, really weird how you have so many, must be the region. will be interested to hear what the other UK folk have seen.

Funny, replacing the one, All to save a dollar or two. It's rare to have only one short anyway.

Seems cheap way to do it.

Well I've been using TO252 FGD4536 for a while as I've had it with bad 30F131. But I do the whole bank of 3 and i don't use that much solder but they're fine.

where are you sourcing "original" parts? Toshiba don't make them and GTV Watford reckons he's bought whatever stock was left on Ebay.
    Before you go completely off the Y02 topic...after a quick google search the QS5Y2 seem to be pretty scarce too, ROHM show minimum order quantity of 3000 but only show 90 in stock in Japan...

I don't do a huge amount of these, it's more of a side thing, I've just had a small run of them recently. I've bought 30F131s from a few sellers on aliexpress and most were fake rubbish but there was one seller claiming to have original parts and they certainly look the business and haven't blown (yet!!). I'm not sure if i can post links but can PM it to you if you like?

Comment

Originally posted by guando21 View Post
      Before you go completely off the Y02 topic...after a quick google search the QS5Y2 seem to be pretty scarce too, ROHM show minimum order quantity of 3000 but only show 90 in stock in Japan...

I don't do a huge amount of these, it's more of a side thing, I've just had a small run of them recently. I've bought 30F131s from a few sellers on aliexpress and most were fake rubbish but there was one seller claiming to have original parts and they certainly look the business and haven't blown (yet!!). I'm not sure if i can post links but can PM it to you if you like?
      sure, hit me with a PM. Yeah I had a look and thought they would be harder to get than the 3Y, all that research before wore me out

Comment

sure, hit me with a PM. Yeah I had a look and thought they would be harder to get than the 3Y, all that research before wore me out
        PM on it's way... thanks for all your input, it's been very helpful

Comment

After checking (11) TNPA5349 boards all found marked 3Y /(10) TNPA5330 boards all found marked 3Y /( 6 )TNPA5335 5 of 6 show 3Y but one board shows Y02 in all positions. Although I must say I have never checked the markings before i just replace with the drivers on all my repairs,and always replace with new CPH5524-TL-E. hope this helps to clear this up

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
            After checking (11) TNPA5349 boards all found marked 3Y /(10) TNPA5330 boards all found marked 3Y /( 6 )TNPA5335 5 of 6 show 3Y but one board shows Y02 in all positions. Although I must say I have never checked the markings before i just replace with the drivers on all my repairs,and always replace with new CPH5524-TL-E. hope this helps to clear this up
            Nice one Flocko.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
              Thanks for all your help on this, do you replace all the drivers or just Q531 and IC502? (as most repair kits tend to include).

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I have a few more questions that I'm sure you knowlegable folk could help with.

On a TX-P50ST30b I've tried entering the service menu by holding Vol - on the TV and pressing i 3 times on the remote. It brings up a self test screen but there is no side menu as indicated in the service manual and does not seem to respond to any buttons. Am I missing something here or have service menu options been removed for these models?

The reason for the above is I'm getting intermittent blue sparkles with the occasional red dots noticeable on a black background. This is a TX-P50ST30b that I bought with the 7 blink fault. They come and go and are usually more noticeable when the set is cold. They tend to appear in areas of image retention too. For example if I try to enter service mode and the self test text is on the screen for a few minutes, after power cycling the set when it switches off/on again the text from the test screen is still visible and some of the retained images will have blue sparkles/dots in them. This will clear after a few minutes but sometimes reappears near the bottem corners. I've changed every board for what I beleive to be good spares and swapped the ribbon cable joining SC20 to the AV board but it's still the same.

I've read some another forum that indicated it could be related to VSUS voltage? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Did you get into the service menu or not? It can also be volume button down + 0 0 0 or mute etc.

Anyways , the 50ST30 can give blue sparkles AFTER sc board repair. I had it once , blue sparkles in the top right corner. It went away when i lowered the Vsus voltage.
                Im not sure but if im right the standard voltage is 216V , i set mine on 213V and the sparkles were gone.
                So measure the Vsus voltage and lower it a little and see what happens.

*ps , my Vsus was set on LOW in the service menu , i did not change it to high.
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks for all your help on this, do you replace all the drivers or just Q531 and IC502? (as most repair kits tend to include).

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I have a few more questions that I'm sure you knowlegable folk could help with.

On a TX-P50ST30b I've tried entering the service menu by holding Vol - on the TV and pressing i 3 times on the remote. It brings up a self test screen but there is no side menu as indicated in the service manual and does not seem to respond to any buttons. Am I missing something here or have service menu options been removed for these models?

The reason for the above is I'm getting intermittent blue sparkles with the occasional red dots noticeable on a black background. This is a TX-P50ST30b that I bought with the 7 blink fault. They come and go and are usually more noticeable when the set is cold. They tend to appear in areas of image retention too. For example if I try to enter service mode and the self test text is on the screen for a few minutes, after power cycling the set when it switches off/on again the text from the test screen is still visible and some of the retained images will have blue sparkles/dots in them. This will clear after a few minutes but sometimes reappears near the bottem corners. I've changed every board for what I beleive to be good spares and swapped the ribbon cable joining SC20 to the AV board but it's still the same.

I've read some another forum that indicated it could be related to VSUS voltage? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
                  Can you post an image of what you have please for service menu

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                    Did you get into the service menu or not? It can also be volume button down + 0 0 0 or mute etc.

Anyways , the 50ST30 can give blue sparkles AFTER sc board repair. I had it once , blue sparkles in the top right corner. It went away when i lowered the Vsus voltage.
                    Im not sure but if im right the standard voltage is 216V , i set mine on 213V and the sparkles were gone.
                    So measure the Vsus voltage and lower it a little and see what happens.

*ps , my Vsus was set on LOW in the service menu , i did not change it to high.
                    Got the service menu now thanks (Vol - 000 instead of iii) cheers. VSUS was set to Low, tried High but more red haze appeared so left it at low.

From what I can see in the service manual schematics the VR251 pot is what I need to adjust to lower the voltage? Is that correct? Thanks again.

Comment

Got the service menu now thanks (Vol - 000 instead of iii) cheers. VSUS was set to Low, tried High but more red haze appeared so left it at low.

From what I can see in the service manual schematics the VR251 pot is what I need to adjust to lower the voltage? Is that correct? Thanks again.
                      yeah, mark it and take a voltage reading before you change it. I've had a couple with a small amount of maldischarge in top right, made a minor voltage change, I think I went up 0.5V was not bad.

Comment

yeah, mark it and take a voltage reading before you change it. I've had a couple with a small amount of maldischarge in top right, made a minor voltage change, I think I went up 0.5V was not bad.
                        Thanks, will try it soon and let you know.

Comment

I think you need to lower it to 213v.
                          When you start adjusting the potmeter try it very slowly as the voltages go up/down rapidly.

First measure the vsus voltage as it is now and then lower it. Not sure if its clockwise ...
                          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                            I think you need to lower it to 213v.
                            When you start adjusting the potmeter try it very slowly as the voltages go up/down rapidly.

First measure the vsus voltage as it is now and then lower it. Not sure if its clockwise ...
                            213V was indeed the sweet spot

Using a clock face as a reference the potmeter was factory set at about 4 o'clock and I was getting 214V at P2. Turned it back to 3 o'clock and it dropped to 213V and sparkles are gone (l also tried turning it up near 5 o'clock, voltage went to 216V and loads of red sparkles appeared).

Thanks again

Comment

213V was indeed the sweet spot

Using a clock face as a reference the potmeter was factory set at about 4 o'clock and I was getting 214V at P2. Turned it back to 3 o'clock and it dropped to 213V and sparkles are gone (l also tried turning it up near 5 o'clock, voltage went to 216V and loads of red sparkles appeared).

Thanks again
                              Thanks, took me ages to find my comment on Vsus adjustment and yeah I went down not up by less than a volt

Comment

Im glad you fixed it!

Comment

Another quick question for the plasma brain trust if you don't mind? Has anyone ever swapped out a panel on a VT30? (I've changed the front glass on a G10 and that was a pita!) These panels aren't bonded to the front glass panel are they?. I have one here that has some smudges (looks like a small hand print) near the top left corner on the actual panel behind the front glass. Not sure if it's worth the effort to remove/clean it and risk adding more marks and trapping dust in there? I found another forum where someone found this on his brand new VT30 so it could have been there since new? Has anyone ever seen this? I'll try and take a pic but it's unlikely to come out very well with the reflective glass.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect old thread. Repaired TNPA5335 used 30F131 from china to replace Q401,402,403 after working fine for a day went down again with 7blink error again. Suspect might have been caused by fake 30F131. My question is would it be ok to substitute RJP30H2A instead of 30F131? Any replies appreciated

Comment

A few of us use the Fairchild FGD4536, as we have found them to be more reliable, they are the smaller TO-252 package but work well. I have been using them as subs for RJP30H2A+30F131 for all my repairs and refurbished exchange boards. But yes you can also sub 30F131s with RJP30H2A and make sure to change the drivers and transistor arrays

Comment

There are also fake RJP30H2A on ebay so watch out....

As Flocko said , the FGD4536 work good.

Comment

Many thanks for your help and suggestions. Already have a supply of RJP30H2a so will use those but will also order FGD4536 for future use.

Comment

Working...
                                          X