Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    time for the camera. I have 3 working TNPA5335 to look at and they're 3Y. I'll show you mine if you show me yours

They're all 50" versions
    haha...ok...please see attached...sorry about the bad light in the photos but you should be able to see the component numbers. The Y02 chips are also located at Q521, Q762 and Q501.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by guando21; 10-28-2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guando21 View Post
      haha...ok...please see attached...sorry about the bad light in the photos but you should be able to see the component numbers. The Y02 chips are also located at Q521, Q762 and Q501.
      I see it, not an original part you see it's hand soldered is this the part you fitted?

Ready for mine?

left to right top to bottom.

3Y
      K2

This is original and there's a total of 5 of these fitted at Q501,521,531,551,762. Those are on the SC board so find and compare each to each other including what you just put up for 531.

here's the spec sheet
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tw2005; 10-28-2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I'm glad we have a sense of humour, is this how you got the board? Someone elses repair? Pictures of the others or are they identical?

Comment

I'm glad we have a sense of humour, is this how you got the board? Someone elses repair? Pictures of the others or are they identical?
          The fresh solder is from me, I robbed one off another dead board (TNPA5351) to get this one going but I'd like to replace it with a new part. I have 4 TNPA5335 boards (AG and BG) at the moment that came from 7 blink TVs that did not show any signs of repair, one was a working board that came from a smashed ST30 that had been repaired but all use the Y02 transistors in the locations mentioned.

I have done a few TNPA5349 and TNPA5330 that use the 3Y transistor but all the TNPA5335 boards I can recall use the Y02. I was going to ask if these were interchangable as I have some 3Y transistors spare and this would be much easier for me.

Comment

Here's another board (currently powered up as you can see from the green LED) running in a TX-P50VT30. The picture isn't great but if you zoom in you can see the Y02 printed on Q531.
            Attached Files

Comment

The fresh solder is from me, I robbed one off another dead board (TNPA5351) to get this one going but I'd like to replace it with a new part. I have 4 TNPA5335 boards (AG and BG) at the moment that came from 7 blink TVs that did not show any signs of repair, one was a working board that came from a smashed ST30 that had been repaired but all use the Y02 transistors in the locations mentioned.

I have done a few TNPA5349 and TNPA5330 that use the 3Y transistor but all the TNPA5335 boards I can recall use the Y02. I was going to ask if these were interchangable as I have some 3Y transistors spare and this would be much easier for me.
              Ok, you just forced me to try something. Use the force(google)

Y02 search I snagged a 5 pin ROHM device 3A 50V NPN/PNP -3A -50V

QS5Y2

So I'll give you half an apology as we're probably both correct.

Bit of a revelation , I've never seen these and we have AG and BG revisions, all the manuals I have the OEM and real part numbers match up.

But You did say you identified these as AD8211YRJZ Chip screen printing:Y02 AD SOT23-5",

that's definitely wrong.

So we are both learning here. If you have the 3Y CPH5524 use them and remove any Y02 that you ordered identifying as AD8211YRJZ Chip
              Attached Files

Comment

so what's the model TV with that running SC? I'm curious to find a manual now with a revised number for Q16531

Comment

Oh, and MR Flocko, have you seen this before for the driver transistors too?

Comment

Ok, you just forced me to try something. Use the force(google)

Y02 search I snagged a 5 pin ROHM device 3A 50V NPN/PNP -3A -50V

QS5Y2

So I'll give you half an apology as we're probably both correct.

Bit of a revelation , I've never seen these and we have AG and BG revisions, all the manuals I have the OEM and real part numbers match up.

But You did say you identified these as AD8211YRJZ Chip screen printing:Y02 AD SOT23-5",

that's definitely wrong.

So we are both learning here. If you have the 3Y CPH5524 use them and remove any Y02 that you ordered identifying as AD8211YRJZ Chip
                    Thanks for your help, I googled 'Y02 transistor' originally and about the 7th hit returns the AD8211 part number which I then found on aliexpress which looked identical so assumed it was the correct part...clearly a mistake! Since you can confirm that the 3Y transistors are also correct I'll just use them from now on but it would still be handy to locate replacements for the Y02, I might order some of the QS5Y2 and try one in a spare board. Cheers

Comment

All my driver transistors are 3Y and i got ALOT of defective boards.
                      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                        All my driver transistors are 3Y and i got ALOT of defective boards.
                        Yeah but he's obviously has a point , just whatever he got from Aliexpress is not right.

Gives us an alternate source now should the others become obsolete and mouser is showing 0 with a 3 month lead time.

Maybe these boards are near the end of a run and they changed components.

What started off as being funny has turned out to be very helpful because I have looked for anything as a sub and now we have it

Comment

Thanks for your help, I googled 'Y02 transistor' originally and about the 7th hit returns the AD8211 part number which I then found on aliexpress which looked identical so assumed it was the correct part...clearly a mistake! Since you can confirm that the 3Y transistors are also correct I'll just use them from now on but it would still be handy to locate replacements for the Y02, I might order some of the QS5Y2 and try one in a spare board. Cheers
                          You'll be safe with that QS5Y2, ROHM is a common part supplier on these boards and the spec sheet confirms it's(post #66) similar just lower current 3A instead of 6 on the PNP but clearly 6amp is not needed.

Thanks for your resilience, If we both did not force the topic I don't think we would have stumbled on this.

I did not believe you but the original Y02 on a running board, slam dunk. I was thinking chinese copy but that last shot 100% OEM fitted part.

You just gave yourself a curve ball, now you just have to get it working
                          Last edited by tw2005; 10-28-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah but he's obviously has a point , just whatever he got from Aliexpress is not right.

Gives us an alternate source now should the others become obsolete and mouser is showing 0 with a 3 month lead time.

Maybe these boards are near the end of a run and they changed components.

What started off as being funny has turned out to be very helpful because I have looked for anything as a sub and now we have it
                            Well at least I'm no longer the butt of a joke! If it helps, 3 of the boards are from TX-P50VT30B (UK Versions) and two are from TX-P50ST30B. 4 of the 5 boards are now repaired and working but Q531 was robbed from a donor board and I'd like to replace it with a new part. On a slightly different topic...As mentioned earlier one of the boards had been repaired previously and was working fine but whoever repaired is used RJP30H1 instead of 30F131 and RJP30H2 and didn't changed the whole bank to match. I need to head out for a bit now but will post a photo later on. Cheers
                            Last edited by guando21; 10-28-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

We must have a better pair of googles here.

third and forth lines for me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well at least I'm no longer the butt of a joke! If it helps, 3 of the boards are from TX-P50VT30B (UK Versions) and two are from TX-P50ST30B. As mentioned earlier one of the boards had been repaired previously and was working fine but whoever repaired is used RJP30H1 instead of 30F131 and RJP30H2 and didn't changed the whole bank to match. I need to head out for a bit now but will post a photo later on. Cheers
                                the H1 could be ok, would be lower current than the H2 but sure , must use the same device so they work together.

Something else to get a datasheet for, cheers

Comment

360V 30A 200A peak pulse, pretty much in line with a 30F131 . end of life though like most of these bits so will you get real or fake? I've used the H2 for both and that has been fine.

Is the H1 smaller package than the 30F131? looks like they are TO252
                                  Last edited by tw2005; 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM.

Comment

TX-P50ST30B has B1HFPFA00001 for Q16531 in the manual

Comment

We must have a better pair of googles here.

third and forth lines for me.
                                      I should have looked a bit harder and checked the spec instead of assuming the part I found on Aliexpress was correct...lesson learned!

Comment

360V 30A 200A peak pulse, pretty much in line with a 30F131 . end of life though like most of these bits so will you get real or fake? I've used the H2 for both and that has been fine.

Is the H1 smaller package than the 30F131? looks like they are TO252
                                        Yep, whoever did this repair used a lot of solder to fill in the void, see photos attached....the date hand-written on the board looks like 2013 so it seems to have held up ok? I'm not sure whether to swap these out for orginal parts or leave it be? It's certainly running OK...

FYI this board also uses the Y02 transistors...
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by guando21; 10-28-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Yep, whoever did this repair used a lot of solder to fill in the void, see photos attached....the date hand-written on the board looks like 2013 so it seems to have held up ok? I'm not sure whether to swap these out for orginal parts or leave it be? It's certainly running OK...

FYI this board also uses the Y02 transistors...
                                          I don't wanna talk about those damn Y02 anymore, really weird how you have so many, must be the region. will be interested to hear what the other UK folk have seen.

Funny, replacing the one, All to save a dollar or two. It's rare to have only one short anyway.

Seems cheap way to do it.

Well I've been using TO252 FGD4536 for a while as I've had it with bad 30F131. But I do the whole bank of 3 and i don't use that much solder but they're fine.

where are you sourcing "original" parts? Toshiba don't make them and GTV Watford reckons he's bought whatever stock was left on Ebay.
                                          Last edited by tw2005; 10-28-2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X