Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Okay I constantly read 76,5 Ohm each way at diode D407.

Please check for R621, R622, R623.

I read 79,7 Ohm each, where they should read 220 Ohm.

Maybe the dead diode killed the resistors too in my case which did not happened at your board?

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosEx View Post
      Okay I constantly read 76,5 Ohm each way at diode D407.

Please check for R621, R622, R623.

I read 79,7 Ohm each, where they should read 220 Ohm.

Maybe the dead diode killed the resistors too in my case which did not happened at your board?
      If out of cct they would, you need schematics so you can see how they sit in cct.

I get same so something is parallel with them.

Comment

This has really good schematics, from a Brazilian GT30 but the SC is the same
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry i was busy and middle of workshop move moving to bigger workshop with these boards i ordered 200 igbt mosfets of each from china i recieved mostly fakes please be aware dont trust what yo uget they out of spec parts best thing to do if you have a scrap board salavage test parts try them the fault you describing the parts you changed should cure it

Comment

Tw2005 youre more closer to china then i am, have you had any problems with gt30f131 i am lumbered with 200 pieces of fake or out of spec igbts

Comment

CHAOS please try to get a another module and use other bits off the boards to salvage yours or buy orignal panasonic parts i know they cost bit more but atleast you know you safe,i buy lot of mosfets but i always test my batchs thus i am left with nearly out of spec rubbish parts

Comment

Well lets say I checked every bit of the SC Board

Checked all IGBT´s FET`s and Diodes.
                Checked control signal drive circuit (Drive IC´s and Power IC`s and components in circuit like Resistors, Transistors and Capacitors)
                Also checked power circuit and everything looked good.

Well there was no more option left for me since I dont own an scope but I had a bad feeling while soldering the tiny IC502 and Q531 cause my "Weller" soldering iron broke some weeks ago and I never replaced it and was left for this job with one of these cheap warehouse soldering irons.
                Measurement was OK but you never know.

So I used some Flux (to compress the low temperature of soldering iron) and repeated the soldering of Q531 and IC502.

To make a long story short, TV is running for 12h+ now!

I added some Loctite to the screws (ground problem) and also some small heat-sinks to the 8 switching components to prevent overheating (again?).

TNPA5335 with extra heatsinks

Summary:
                • Never use shitty tools if you want to do the job right!
                • Anything wrong with Q531 and IC502 can cause 6 blinks SOS

Big THX to tw2005, love your attitude

Topic can be closed now
                Last edited by ChaosEx; 06-24-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosEx View Post
                  Well lets say I checked every bit of the SC Board

Checked all IGBT´s FET`s and Diodes.
                  Checked control signal drive circuit (Drive IC´s and Power IC`s and components in circuit like Resistors, Transistors and Capacitors)
                  Also checked power circuit and everything looked good.

Well there was no more option left for me since I dont own an scope but I had a bad feeling while soldering the tiny IC502 and Q531 cause my "Weller" soldering iron broke some weeks ago and I never replaced it and was left for this job with one of these cheap warehouse soldering irons.
                  Measurement was OK but you never know.

So I used some Flux (to compress the low temperature of soldering iron) and repeated the soldering of Q531 and IC502.

To make a long story short, TV is running for 12h+ now!

I added some Loctite to the screws (ground problem) and also some small heat-sinks to the 8 switching components to prevent overheating (again?).

TNPA5335 with extra heatsinks

Summary:
                  • Never use shitty tools if you want to do the job right!
                  • Anything wrong with Q531 and IC502 can cause 6 blinks SOS

Big THX to tw2005, love your attitude

Topic can be closed now
                  It's a little ironic how we ended back at those 2 components. So far I've only ever had to replaced those 6 IGBTs, touch wood.

Anyway, you found it.

Comment

Looks like it was my turn to get one of these. This was a repair board i.e. one I received.

Usual suspects, 6 IGBTs blown and been having dramas with fake 30F131 from UTSOURCE blowing up but I keep trying just in case I get lucky.

So I fitted these suspect parts and they blew up, no surprise, 7 blinks. Rip them out stick the RJP30H2 in and then in place of the 30F131 I'm using FGD4536 which will be the way I go now as I've had enough of bad parts from two different suppliers. Toshiba ceased 30F131 production in 2015.

Power it up and 6 blinks, nothing blew up but after reseating and checking things it's SOS 6.

So one thing I noticed which is unusual was the green LED that lights up was dead as and even when things are shorted generally you'll see it briefly even if dim.

So I assume this could be a blown LED which I've had before once and will cause SOS 6, no it's ok.

So no voltage is flowing in that part of the cct and looking at it Q451,452 , they're fine , IC522 is fine, working back further IC502 following the pin out checks pins 7 - 1 shorted, Q531 also shorted across 2 legs but i went with the driver and Q531 was ok.

used a recycled driver from my last 6 blinker where the opto was bad so that confirms that the driver in that one was not the 6 blink.

Like ChaosEx, it caused 6 blink but it was the unlit LED that pointed me down this path to IC502.
                    Last edited by tw2005; 07-22-2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I have lost count of the times i have said on here just change IC502+Q531 for every repair you do, it take longer to test them then it does to replace them and very little money. 2 mins extra work be it on a TNPA 5335 / 5349 any Panasonic board that has this setup.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                        I have lost count of the times i have said on here just change IC502+Q531 for every repair you do, it take longer to test them then it does to replace them and very little money. 2 mins extra work be it on a TNPA 5335 / 5349 any Panasonic board that has this setup.
                        First bad driver I've had in these. I find I learn more tracking down a fault this way. I knew you'd haunt me on this one.

Comment

You be looking to get some new stock in now? CPH5524-TL-E + BD8693FVM were do you think I get these from? your right!! not sure what take out what ,does the driver take the IGBT or IGBT take the driver and transistor array? as you say you can getaway without replacing most of the time.I just change them for my piece of mind. When you are selling a fully refurbished board it dont pay to miss things out

Comment

Well i tried to repair a TNPA5349 board today. Replaced the bad/fake 30F131 for RJP30H2A and got 6 blinks.
                            No shorts on the board so i also replaced the CPH5524-TL-E + BD8693FVM and still 6 blinks. No short on the buffers tested from the test point you mentioned flocko and the DG302 is also good.

Probably more parts shorted. I noticed that there are more CPH5524-TL-E + BD8693FVM near the P11 connector , how can i test these parts?

Ps , i also tried to repair a other board with 7 blinks , replaced the same parts but the tv just SHUTS DOWN , no blinks. If i remove SC board i get 7 blinks again. These boards are the most difficult boards to repair when someone else already played with it... i got like 6 of them.
                            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Also , what are the buffer chips on these boards? I want to replace a few of them.

With help from eBay i found out that its the "AN16520A" ? Im going to order a few and try to repair my shorted boards.
                              Last edited by Moreno83; 07-22-2016, 02:01 PM.
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I never take any regard to the blink codes,and pulling this plug and that will just cause more damage then then you had in the first place. DG302 do not have to be shorted to be faulty you need to test that they are switching on.this should be done with them off the board with meter in diode mode same test for for any IGBT. I would hold fast on buffer replacement if you think these are hard to repair,then buffer ICs will have you pulling out your hair.

Comment

Well Flocko m8 , I got 5/6/7 of these boards that were worked on by others. They are missing a lot of parts , thats why i said that these boards i have here are hard te repair. They are probably still repairable but i can't trust any part on these boards! They are not the standard 7 blinks boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                    Well i tried to repair a TNPA5349 board today. Replaced the bad/fake 30F131 for RJP30H2A and got 6 blinks.
                                    No shorts on the board so i also replaced the CPH5524-TL-E + BD8693FVM and still 6 blinks. No short on the buffers tested from the test point you mentioned flocko and the DG302 is also good.

Probably more parts shorted. I noticed that there are more CPH5524-TL-E + BD8693FVM near the P11 connector , how can i test these parts?

Ps , i also tried to repair a other board with 7 blinks , replaced the same parts but the tv just SHUTS DOWN , no blinks. If i remove SC board i get 7 blinks again. These boards are the most difficult boards to repair when someone else already played with it... i got like 6 of them.
                                    should be 5 of these. Pin 1 Vdd - Pin 7 Out was short on mine, also put a short across Q531
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks TW2005 , good to know! You ever saw a SC board repaired that just shuts down the tv? No blinks , no bangs/pops etc. Sounds like it pulls down the voltage on the PS.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                        Thanks TW2005 , good to know! You ever saw a SC board repaired that just shuts down the tv? No blinks , no bangs/pops etc. Sounds like it pulls down the voltage on the PS.
                                        Not a repaired board , but yeah when you have a shorted Vsus on certain later models. Usually bad SC but what's to say there is not a secondary fault somewhere? Shuts down and what has a standby LED (red) I don't think we should fill up this thread with other stuff.

Comment

You are right. My enthusiasm

Comment

Working...
                                          X